10 Foolproof Ways to Promote a Website For Free
Your website is complete, and you couldn’t be happier. It is time to learn how to promote your website and spread the word about all your hard work. After all, what is the point of creating a website if there’s no one to see it, use it, and eventually become your customer?Creating a website is only the beginning of a long journey to reach out to your customers effectively. Have you taken the first step, though?
Table of Contents
IntroductionMarketing and promoting your website is a big part of making your online presence robust. However, there are usually big price tags attached to most of the marketing techniques prevalent across industries. Not everyone has the big budget of a big corporation. So, most small businesses compromise when it comes to website promotion strategies. Don’t worry if you have a tight budget! I have compiled a list of free ways to promote a website and have added them all to this blog. Make sure that you bookmark this list for future reference, as I am sure you will keep coming back to it for tips that actually work! However, before we start getting into the details, let us first take a look at this interesting infographic that gives you a brief overview of ways to promote your website for free.
Top 10 ways to promote a website for freeAs I mentioned earlier in the post, most of the traditional ways to promote your website will cost you a substantial amount of money. However, it is my firm belief that no one should lose a business edge simply because of a limited budget. This is why I have compiled a list of the top 10 free ways of website promotion.
- Improve your site SEO Search engine optimization or SEO is one of the most effective ways to promote your website as it pushes your website up on Google and all the other prominent search engines. The best part about SEO is that it is entirely free! It levels the playing field by taking money out of the equation. Some of the most crucial points in your site SEO include the content quality, navigation or UI, and the number of external links you receive. Let’s talk just a little more about your website SEO.How to improve your website SEO?
- Add relevant keywords all through your website
- Add alt text to all your website images
- Optimize your headings for better search rankings
- Create compelling meta titles and descriptions
- Optimize your site speed
- Leverage internal linking
- Add keywords in your URLs
- Post long-form content
- Leverage email marketing It may sound old-fashioned, but there is a reason why email marketing features on all the blogs that list out effective ways to promote a website. It simply works! Email marketing is, to date, one of the most effective ways to drive traffic to your website. A well-designed email newsletter can help you get relevant and willing traffic to your website. This audience is more likely to convert into paying customers eventually.
- Start an official blog for your business As you continuously ask yourself how to promote my website for free, starting a blog to complement your website is a great idea. A blog can help bolster your website SEO with the help of long-form content and improve your rank on all the prominent search engines, including Google. How does blogging help with website promotion?
- It helps with your brand and site visibility and discoverability
- It helps you establish yourself as an authority in your niche
- Improves your conversion rates
- It lets you conduct in-depth research and use it to benefit your business
- Evolve a solid social media marketing strategy Social media has evolved beyond simply sharing pictures of your friends and family. It has, in fact, emerged as a highly effective marketing tool for businesses across niches. Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, even LinkedIn are great spaces for you to promote your website without spending even a penny! Post compelling content and encourage your audience to share it, further increasing your visibility and conversion.
- Engage in reciprocal linking One of the most effective ways to promote your website is by having other (external) websites link to your website. There are multiple ways to get links for your website, like guest blogging, link exchange, forum postings, and news articles. Points to consider while acquiring external links
- Refrain from linking to low-ranking and low-quality sites
- Search engines reward your site when they see it linked to high-ranking, authoritative sites
- Create links that are relevant to the readers and offer some value
- Use only good quality keywords or phrases to link
- Adopt a steady pace. Too many in too little a time may attract a ban from the search engines
- Participate in relevant groups Communities are a great source of relevant traffic for your website. Whether it is a Facebook Group or an online forum like Reddit or Quora, engaging in relevant discussions and making your presence known pays well. One thing to remember is that some communities like Reddit frown upon blatant promotions, instead try and offer value to fellow members of the community.
- Focus on quality content While you are focusing all your energy on how to promote your website, you must remember that the quality of your content remains essential. It means you must create informative content. Whether you are posting on social media, creating long-form content like blogs, or creating content for your landing pages, you must focus on the content quality before hitting the publish button. Your excitement about getting the word out there is understandable, but always prioritize quality over quantity.
- Use outreach marketing Outreach marketing involves establishing and maintaining meaningful relationships with others in your niche, including bloggers, influencers, or any other kind of content creators. The underlying idea is to identify your website marketing goals and then zero in on people or entities that can help you reach those goals. Once you have a list of people, you can reach out to them through emails or send them a message on their social media handles. This is a great way to expand your reach.
- Focus on signature branding Your email signature can serve as your virtual business card and an integral part of your brand identity. Make sure that you include the following in your email signature.
- Your business logo
- Links to your social media account
- Link to your website
- Contact information
- Submit your site to online directories This technique is quite underrated, honestly. Submitting your site link to online directories makes your website easily discoverable. Look for an online directory in your business niche. Claim your business on Google My Business so that when someone searches for your business online, they will have all your details, including your website, contact details, business hours, map, and more. The best part is, most of these services are free!
Free advertising sites for small businessesYes, you read that right! There are some excellent free advertising sites for small businesses. These free business advertising sites can help you effectively reach your target audience. Let me list some of them out for you.
- Facebook Marketplace
- Google My Business
- Twitter Business Page
- Google Shopping
- Sales Spider
- LinkedIn company page
- Pinterest business page
- PennySaver USA
- Facebook Business Page
ConclusionNo matter how great your website looks, people are not going to come rushing to your website unless you find ways to promote your website. Traditional ways to promote a website can be pretty expensive and tough to afford for a small business. This list of free ways to promote a website can help you get your website noticed by your target audience. Let’s do this one step at a time. Let’s first build a website for your business and then start by choosing the right way to promote your website.
Have you tried any of the methods listed above? Which one would you try first with your website? Leave a comment below and let me know!
- 79+ New Year Resolution Ideas 2024 for a Renewed You
- How to Conduct Effective AB Testing in Mailchimp for Email Marketing Success
- Top 5 Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Robotics
- 10 Interactive Websites for Modern Creatives to Inspire You
- Build Your Free Website AI Chatbot: It’s Easier Than You Think!
- 8 Best Live Cricket Score Apps for Android & iOS to Watch World Cup 2023
- Best Call-Tracking Software & Apps in 2024
- 7 Intercom Integrations You Should Use
- 5 GitHub Automation Ideas [How to Automate GitHub]
- 350+ Sad Captions for Instagram