How to Start Your Own Blog?
App Builder Appy Pie: As a subject expert or as someone who has a flourishing business, you might want to support it all with a dedicated blog. A blog is a great tool to give your company or brand a voice especially when you already own a website and are looking for ways to promote it for free. Whatever your reason may be for starting your own blog, there is a good chance, you might be struggling a little getting started with it! This post will help you remedy the situation and guide you through all the aspects related to starting your own blog.
Not only does your blog act as a section of your website, but also has the ability to drive up the traffic significantly, thus boosting up your SEO as well!
So, let’s get started with this definitive guide from Appy Pie on how to start your own blog!
1. Find the Focus & Intent
There are a billion things you could write about, but remember that you didn’t build a blog, just because you wanted to blog about something. In fact, you built a blog, because you had something to say! When you are building a blog for your business, it is important that you have a clear focus to the blog and do not get carried away.
When you are creating a blog that is independent of any business, then you have the opportunity to pick a niche that has a low competition. However, for a business owner who is planning to start a blog for their pre-existing business the content should be focused on the offerings of the business that set them apart from their competitors and offer an edge to their customers!
2. Pick A Name That Fits
It is fun to play around with the thousands of options to name your blog. The idea of a blog is to keep things real, fresh, and fun. Hence, naming the blog can bring with it a whole lot of excitement and creativity. The name of the blog that you choose to go with must reflect the specialty, the focus, and the offerings of your company or business. Brainstorm and go crazy with the names and then shortlist the names to 5 names. Run these names through friends, employees, family, or any other trusted close network that you can leverage. Find the winner with their help.
Once you have found the name of the blog you want to start, choose a domain name which matches the name of your blog name exactly, in spirit of consistency and authenticity. It is, however possible that you already have a business website and want to add the blog to it, the best way to go about it is to add the blog as a page within the existing domain e.g. www.mydomainname.com/blog and connect the blog and the website together.
3. Find A Suitable Blogging Platform
Much like you need a kitchen to cook in, you need to find a blogging platform to be able to start your own blog. There are a huge number of platforms available today where you can start your own blog for free e.g. Appy Pie, WordPress, Blogger, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, and so many more!
Appy Pie’s blogging platform lets you build your own blog for free and even hosts it for you for no charges at all! You can not only build your blog without having to learn any coding skills, but also promote it using your very own URL. What makes it even more fun is that you can turn your own blog into an app for free as well!
4. Design Your Own Blog Your Own Way
The design of your blog must resonate with the target user while standing out of the crowd of competitors who are filling up the market. Appy Pie has some brilliant templates for your blog, so that you can drag and drop some truly amazing design elements and build an impressive blog that would attract a great number of users.
The templates offered by Appy Pie are unique and have been designed in-house by a team of designers keeping in mind the latest trends in the market. The fun, however is in being able to customize each and every design element, so that the final blog that you create is truly unique and has a freshness about it, making it look exactly the way you would want your business blog to look like.
5. Offer Smooth Navigation
The blog you create for your business is either going to act as your website or is going to be a part of your website, and hence it is important that you pay due attention to the navigation and make it intuitive and efficient in itself.
This essentially means that your blog must offer a superior User Experience. Following are some of the tips that can help you do just that!
- Build a menu that has distinct menu categories each representing the different categories that you might be publishing under.
- Apply appropriate tags which best describe the most important points of the article. Different posts in different categories might have same tags which means that when a visitor clicks on a particular tag, they will be taken to an entirely new page that would have all the posts that use that particular tag.
- Offer a Search Bar so that the users can easily find what they are looking for without having to go through a whole pile of content.
- Include your logo to develop a stronger brand identity and fortify your brand recognition
6. Plan & Create the Content
It is the content that people are seeking when they land up on your website. Hence, this is one of the most important aspects of the blog that you are going to create for your business. The blog must have a clear introductory note about the business and specifically indicate the intent of the blog as well. This is when you delve deep and start creating the posts that you wanted to create when you began dabbling with the idea of starting your own blog.
Creating the right kind and the right amount of content is something that takes time to master, but to begin with, you can create a sort of blog schedule which can help you diversify the range of topics you cover while sticking to the focal theme of your business and also help you decide when and how often you can post content. You will get better with time, experience and with the insights you receive from studying your blog visitors. Each of your blog post must:
- Have brilliant and unique content with great value
- Make use of appropriate keywords while drafting the articles or even drafting the titles of the posts
- Have a generous spattering of photos, and Appy Pie’s library of images is a great place to begin
- Include clear call-to-action which is clear about the way you want to convert a reader
- Only have unique & fresh content, not only because Google wants it, but also because plagiarizing is an offence
7. It’s Important to Be Mobile Friendly
This is an era and a generation which thrives and survives on mobile first platforms for any intent and purpose. Hence when you decide to start your own blog, make sure that it is suitable for the mobile devices for those who would want to interact with it on the go! It is no more an optional feature, it is something that is expected from anyone who has a blog online that they optimize the content for all kinds of devices, especially the mobile devices.
In addition to this, Google, with its Mobile-first indexing more or less mandates this for you! What it means is that all the websites (which includes your blog) are first ranked on their mobile version. Hence, for the sake of an enhanced SEO ranking for your blog, it is imperative that you have a mobile version of your blog.
So, what’s stopping you from getting started? Simply jump on the Appy Pie blog building bandwagon and build your own blog for free!
Do you have any more insights or steps to add? Do you have some suggestions for us? Let us know because we love to hear from our readers!
Most Popular Posts
- 25 Best Programming Languages for Mobile Apps & Top Mobile App Development Tools & FrameworksBy Snigdha | June 21, 2018
- Most Popular Web Development Frameworks for 2019-20By Aasif | August 17, 2019
- How to Promote Your Mobile App for Free?By Vivek | May 04, 2019
- How to create a food delivery app like UberEats or Deliveroo?By Snigdha | November 10, 2018
- Top Best-Paying Mobile Ad Networks [2019 Edition]By Joel | July 19, 2019