How to Create an Android App for Free in 3 Easy Steps using Appy Pie?
Last Updated on January 04th, 2021
To make your own Android app, follow these steps:
Enter business name
Choose the category and color scheme.
Add the features you want
Build your own Android app for free without any coding.
Publish your Android app
Go live on Google Play Store and reach out to more customers.
With free Android app builder you can create your own Android apps in few minutes
Appy Pie’s free Android App Maker helps you build amazing Android apps without any coding. Create beautiful and professional apps for Google Play Store, without needing to code or use Google SDK kits. Tailored for Android OS, Appy Pie is an easy-to-use, hassle-free, and no-code Android app making software.
This online platform for building Android apps will help you design your mobile application step by step and requires no coding skill or previous experience in mobile app development. Appy Pie’s Android app maker is a drag and drop tool that makes the process of Android app development simple and engaging. If, however, you need a more detailed guide, feel free to explore our video tutorials under our support section & get started in no time.
Android holds almost 50% of the total mobile application market, which is worth billions and if the current trends continue, it is only going to increase. Develop an android mobile app of your own, that’ll appeal to your target customers and will help you get some great returns too. We, at Appy Pie, help you create best android apps online and launch your app to the Google Play Store with our Android app creator software. Make use of this tool & develop a great mobile app for your business, your employees, or for anyone else who is interested.
Choose Appy Pie as your business partner and we’ll help you create the most sophisticated Android applications. You can build your Android app yourself without any previous knowledge of coding or mobile app development experience. Our Android app creator provides you with the best, error free, and engaging app building experience and we are sure this would only be the first in a series of mobile apps you create with us.
We have helped thousands of clients in developing and launching their Android apps on Google Play Store. Using Appy Pie’s Android app maker is as easy as pie! Based on the drag and drop model, the app maker doesn’t need you to have any previous knowledge of mobile app development or coding skills. This android app maker was created and launched with the aim to help businesses reach new heights and offer them the freedom to change or modify their apps without any hassles.
The Best Appy Pie App Maker Features for Your Android App
With photo and video features in your app, you can easily showcase your products and services, and attract your target audience.
The social network feature makes it easy for you to connect with users through your own social network. Just like Facebook, it allows users to post updates, comments, and like posts.
Push notifications is the most powerful feature that proves to be beneficial in instantly updating users about the latest news, promotions, and offers, etc.
Undoubtedly one of the best features, app analytics helps you analyze your app performance and keep track of user behavior, further benefitting you in delivering an amazing user experience.
Using our website feature, you can easily bring your business website to app and provide an amazing user experience.
Appy Pie’s directory feature allows users to add their own listings and create the next generation of store finder, restaurant locator and city guide apps.
One of the top Appy Pie’s Android app builder features, contact lets you to share important contact details with your users, thus providing an easy way to connect with you in times of need.
Why You Should Build Android Mobile Apps?
If you are clear about what you need and are planning to build and launch your own applications, going the Android way will certainly turn your fortune around. Not only are Android users high in number, compared to Apple, it is also quite cost-effective than iOS, when it comes to publishing app on app stores. Here are some of the top reasons why you should build Android mobile app:
Being an open source platform, Android has comparatively low entry barriers, thus allowing you to develop apps easily at lower prices.
Apart from Google Play Store, Android apps can also be distributed through third-party app stores, helping you create a great impact and reach out to a wider audience.
Easy App Approval Process
Publishing a mobile app on Google Play is a simple undertaking. With flexible submission policies, and quick approval process, you can make your Android app available to the world with great ease.
Android apps works well on a range of devices including smart TVs, tablets, portable media players, cameras, car systems, smart watches and much more.
Customizable User Interface
User interface plays a major role in the success of an app, and when it comes to Android apps, their highly customizable user interface makes it easy for app owners to manage them and deliver enhanced user experience.
Low Barriers to Entry
Android has a low barrier to entry, which makes it simple for you to leverage any computer device and build amazing apps. However, you need to pay a one-time $25 registration fee for a Google Play Developer Console account to distribute your Android app globally.
As of November 2020, the global share for Android is 71.18%. When you build an Android app this is the sharpest edge you get. The more audience you have at your disposal, greater would be the chances of your app being a success.
As Android apps are developed using Java, these apps can be easily ported to almost every other mobile operating system. Even better you can port an Android app to even the Chrome OS! This portability makes Android app development quite lucrative.
The platform is Linux based, which assures you about the security and crash-free operation of your app. In the entire existence of the platform, there is not even a single instance of a crash or information leak.
What are the Benefits of Android Apps?
By now you may be clear about the abundant benefits of building an Android app for your business. It’s time now to delve deeper and know some exciting benefits of owning an Android app for business or personal use:
- As compared to all the other mobile platforms, the number of Android users is definitely quite high. This sheer volume of Android users plays a major role in attracting new customers for any business, helping them upscale their growth exponentially.
- Cost-effective marketing tools. Android apps can reinforce and gain exposure for your brand, helping you boost your business ROI dramatically.
- With their easy-to-adopt features, Android apps can work wonders in taking businesses to the next level.
- Android apps provide a quick review and feedback option to users, helping businesses improve customer services instantly.
For Personal Use
- Most of the Android apps are free, which makes it easy for individuals to accomplish a variety of tasks without spending a single penny
- Android devices are cheaper, making it easy for individuals to stay abreast of the latest innovations in the mobile world at comparatively lower prices
Top Android Influencers to Follow
- David Barnard David Barnard
David Barnard, Founder Contrast and Developer Advocate at Revenue Cat, has been building amazing Android apps since 2008.
- Charlie Gerard C harlie Gerard
Charlie Gerard is a software developer, speaker and creative technologist. She has worked as a Creative Developer at the New York Times in London, a Software Developer / Consultant at ThoughtWorks and is now working as a senior front-end developer at Atlassian in Sydney.
- Joe Birch Joe Birch
A software engineer, speaker and educator, Joe Birch is Android Engineering Lead at Buffer, Google Developer Expert for Android & Flutter.
- Chiu-Ki Chan Chiu-Ki Chan
Owner of a reputed mobile development company, Chiu-Ki Chan has been a software engineer for 6+ years at Google and 1.5 years at two startups.
- Maximiliano Firtman Maximi liano Firtman
Maximiliano Firtman is a freelance mobile and web developer, as well as a trainer, author and speaker, focusing on Android mobile apps, progressive web app etc.
- April Wensel April Wensel
April Wensel is the founder of Compassionate Coding, a company bringing emotional intelligence and ethics to the tech industry. She is also an engineering leader, keynote speaker and ethical vegan.
- Chris Banes Chris Banes
An engineer in the Android Developer Relations team at Google, Chris Banes has over 8 years of experience working with Android things, from open source libraries to media apps, social networks and much more.
- Eleftheria Batsou Elef theria Batsou
An Android app developer, Eleftheria Batsou is also a public speaker, content creator, UX/UI enthusiast and a YouTuber.
- Michal Spacek Michal Spacek
Michael Spacek is a hacker, web developer, speaker and an engineer, whose mission is to teach web developers why and how to build secure and fast web applications.
- Annyce Davis Annyce Davis
A specialist in building resilient online-offline app experiences, Annyce Davis has over years of experience developing Android apps. She is also a tech leader, conference speaker, poet, instructor, and engineering manager at Meetup.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
Creating Android apps with Appy Pie Android app builder is as easy as pie. No coding skills required. Follow steps below to create your own Android app in a few minutes:
- Go to Appy Pie App Builder and click on “Create your free app”
- Enter your business name and click on Next
- Choose the category that best fits your business
- Pick a color scheme you like
- Select the device to test your app on
- Customize your app design the way you want and click on Save and Continue
- Take a deep breath, your app is getting ready. Once built, scan the QR code or send the app installation link to your device via email or SMS, and test the demo app
- Go to My Apps section by opening the Welcome drop down menu present in top navigation
- Click on Edit option to edit your app.
- You will see the Basic plan. You can either go with Try Now or Buy Now option. The ‘Try now’ option comes with a 7-Day Trial so that you are fully satisfied with the app before you make the purchase.
Please note whichever option you choose, you need to provide credit card details. We use credit card details to check the authenticity of the users.
- On the creator software, you can add your desired features
- Once you are done, click on Save and Continue to finish creating your app
Here are the steps to help you create an android app without coding:
- Go to Appy Pie Android App Builder and click on “Create your free app”
- Enter business name, then choose category and color scheme
- Select the device to test your app on
- Customize the app design and click on Save and Continue
- Go to My Apps section and click on Edit option to edit the app as per your needs
- Drag and drop your desired features and create your own Android app in just a few minutes
The official programming language used for Android Apps is Java. Some of the other popular programming languages are Kotlin, C/C++, C#, Phongap, etc.
You can make an Android app for free using Appy Pie’s Android app builder. However, if you want to publish it on Google Play Store, you need to upgrade your app to one of our paid plans. Starting from just $18 per month, we have different SMB and enterprise plans, which you can check on Appy Pie Pricing.
Follow the steps below to easily download Android APK file and install your android app on your Android device:
- Login to your Appy Pie account
- Go to My Apps area and click on Test app on device
- Scan the QR code, or send app installation link via email or SMS to your Android device
- Click on the link to download the Android APK file
- A popup will appear redirecting you to your default browser’s page
- Once the Android APK file is downloaded, tap open it
- You will now be asked to allow installation from unknown sources. Enable it
- Your Android app will start installing
- Once installed, test your app the way you want
Android App Development Trends
- In 2019, the number of apps downloaded from Google Play Store was 84.3 billion.
- There are total 2.9 million apps available for download on the Google Play store.
- Ink Inc. – Tattoo Tycoon was the leading android app in terms of the number of downloads on Google Play Store.
- 14% of the total apps on Google Play Store are games.
- 96% of apps on Google Play Store are free, with the remaining 4% being paid.
- The average Google Play Store ratings for apps is 4.2