Bitcoin logo and its Crypto History: The Story of the Big Orange “B”
Bitcoin is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies, or virtual currency, worldwide. And do you know what is so unique about cryptocurrencies? Unlike other national currencies, they don’t have to be backed by material resources such as the US dollar or Euro. Instead, cryptocurrencies are associated with a unique system known as Blockchain. The man behind the invention of this revolutionary currency is Santoshi Nakamoto, who launched it in 2009.
Bitcoin: Meaning & History
Cryptocurrency is a digital currency not managed or regulated by any bank or government. When it comes to ordinary money, we all know it is stored in various banks; however, virtual currency is stored on the servers of different organizations. All information about Bitcoin is managed and saved in the Blockchain. Blockchain is a storage system similar to Google docs, Excel, or a notebook. Blockchain helps in storing the complete list of transactions made with cryptocurrency.
That was the basic information about cryptocurrencies. Now let’s discuss the most popular cryptocurrency in the world, i.e., Bitcoin. It has become a synonym for digital currency, and anyone worldwide can recognize the logo of Bitcoin. So even for those who barely know cryptocurrency’s meaning, the Bitcoin logo is a known thing.
The Evolution of the Bitcoin Logo
The Bitcoin logo has been updated twice, and the changes were quite visible both times. In addition, the design team twisted the graphics a little to reflect the importance of digital assets and the modern era. Let’s explore the updates of the Bitcoin Logo further in detail.
The Original Bitcoin Logo
Santoshi Nakamoto is responsible for what is Bitcoin today, and he disclosed the first logo of Bitcoin in 2009. The logo was a golden coin on which the initials of Bitcoin, i.e., BC, were inscribed. Santoshi Nakamoto created this version to represent Bitcoin’s counterparts in the real world. It was just like skeuomorphism philosophy. It helps ensure the mimic of digital things in physical partners regarding design.
The First Bitcoin Logo Changes
The first update came into existence in February 2010. This time the gold Bitcoin logo was inspired by the US dollar signage. Though the gold coin was the same, a stylized B was engraved in the center. However, unlike the US dollar, there were two strokes in B. Also, the strokes were not crossing the symbol B but coming out from the top and bottom, which was another difference from the dollar sign.
The Second Bitcoin Logo Changes
With mixed reactions to the first change to the Bitcoin logo, the logo was updated again in November 2010. One of the forum members, Bitboy, has updated the last logo a little. This time, the MasterCard logo inspired refining the gold Bitcoin logo. The B was asymmetrical this time, made its white color, and placed it against the orange background.
The Reason Behind the Success of the Bitcoin Logo
When people look at the Bitcoin logo, many don’t know why it’s so successful. However, designed to replicate an Avatar profile picture, this started in 2009 as an open-source project led by a developer called Satoshi Nakamoto, who came up with a concept from scratch. As soon as the logo was released, it was picked up and actively used as a mark of a brand that signified cryptocurrency. It’s Called the “Decentralized Crypto Currency.” Like cellular service providers use a specific WiFi model that usually displays the provider’s name, this is very similar, allowing the use of Bitcoin wallets with nominal to no fees.
- Simplicity- Have you ever noticed that the most successful firms always use simple business logos? The reason is that simple emblems are always the most effective ones. And the Bitcoin logo comes in the same hall of fame. The logo has a clean appearance that makes it highly noticeable. The designers have expertly focused on the core value of bitcoin.
- Attractive- The logo of Bitcoin is actually very pleasing to the eye in terms of aesthetics. The balancing and vibrant colors and the stylized B make it this way. This emotion makes it attractive and approachable to the users, motivating them to interact and learn more about the brand logo. Beautiful logos play a vital role in making your brand stand out.
- Unique- A distinctive trademark is a must in the highly competitive market. This helps in setting your logo different from your rivalries. The logo of Bitcoin is unique, so there’s no confusion with other brands. So amongst others, you can quickly figure out the Bitcoin logo.
- Versatile- As discussed above, the marketing strategy is improving daily, so creating a logo that can keep up with the changing pace is essential. In addition, the Bitcoin logo is considered to be versatile. Thus, making it perfectly fit for multiple mediums hampering the quality.
- Relevant- Creating your own logo that should align with its audience and market is prominent. And definitely, the Bitcoin logo comes into this category, also. The Bitcoin color and symbol speak loudly about its financial relationship. Moreover, the emblem correctly conveys its message to the target audience with its design elements.
What is the Significance of Colored coins of Bitcoin?
According to the official website of Bitcoin, ‘Bitcoin color is derived from the alpha channel of an inverted Bitcoin logo. We can create a strong visual effect by inverting it and adding a gaussian blur. Of course, there’s nothing special about this color correlation; any other colors would have worked just as well.’ Interestingly, the bitcoin logo was chosen so that the colors are opposite. The colors of the bitcoin symbol were once white and were changed because they were too difficult to print in small sizes. The colors were changed to orange when bitcoin was open-sourced and white again in 2015 when version 1.0 was launched.
Orange: The existing Bitcoin logo gleams in orange. It is considered one of the industry’s most attractive design elements. The color is filled in the circular frame cheerfully. The orange color represents success, creativity, and change. Also, the orange conveys friendship, ambition, and freedom. And as the color reflects, these are a few compelling emotions that Bitcoin currency has brought.
White: It is the next dominant color in the logo of Bitcoin. It helps in uplifting the charisma of letter B. Most importantly, the stylized white B offers a balancing effect to the background, which is orange in color. White symbolizes simplicity, safety, and protection. Also, the image color conveys possibility, goodness, and lightness. And Bitcoin does offer these benefits to its users. What do you think?
The Elements of Bitcoin Logo Design
The logo of Bitcoin is known to be a masterpiece of creativity. This is because it does adhere to all the design rules that should be followed. However, do you know what the one thing that plays the most crucial role in the success of the Bitcoin logo is? It is ‘simplicity.’ It is considered one of the most well-recognized logos in the world and is designed using only two colors, along with a custom letter and a shape. However, we can’t forget that it is also distinct, eye-catching, modest, and scalable.
The logo of Bitcoin has a circular orange frame, and it does align with the financial identity so well. Any digital currency aims to allow people to receive and send money seamlessly worldwide. So, choosing a circle is actually a brilliant move. When it comes to psychology, it represents eternity, infinity, and timelessness.
- Symbol “B”
Every currency should have a unique symbol. Similarly, Bitcoin’s special letter ‘B’ evokes its values. Also, the letter contains two strokes that poke out from the upper and lower parts of the letter. In particular, the stylized letter ‘B’ represents the network and currency of Bitcoin. Therefore, custom B is known to be the most widely used symbol.
What is the difference between an NFT and A bitcoin?
From a technical point of view, there are differences. But from a pragmatic standpoint, only a few. These might be the most notable:
- NFT uses Nakamoto Consensus, and there is no standard path to “mining.” Bitcoin’s proof of work confirms transaction orders.
- NFT is more scalable, with specific proof shapes.
- NFT uses quantum computing software-resistant signatures, whereas the blockchain system uses ECDSA and secp256k1 protocols.
- NFT provides an “attachment-based identity” for digital assets.
Reference client and server distributions are on npmjs.com. NFTs are stored within Offchain in various crypto exchanges. The NFT client works with the NanoWallet SDK through libraries called NEOxSDK, Gendel, and Lufi.
You can’t see any difference between Bitcoin and NFTs until or unless you physically own Bitcoins. NFTs are simply making use of Blockchain proprietary Ethereum (which seems to be getting popular these days with conferences around it happening all over the world recently, to create unique “platforms” on top of Ethereum which replicate non-digital entities like objects/properties, etc. – this is where Cryptokitties comes in whereas Bitcoin has been so far ahead of many new upcoming projects that are doing similar things using their own BTMs customers’ attention.
How to Create your own Logo with Appy Pie’s Logo Maker for Free?
Creating your own logo online using Appy Pie’s Logo Maker is really simple and easy. With our easy-to-use interface, you can easily create your own logo with your own brand name or company name in just Three simple steps.
Choose a Logo Template you like: To start creating your logo, choose a template. You can either upload an image from your computer or take a picture of your desired logo using your webcam on your computer. You can also use Appy Pie’s free logo templates, which are available to all site-registered users.
Customize your chosen Logo Template: Once you have selected a template, you can add text and customize it according to your needs. You can add any text, like company name, slogan, tagline, etc. In addition, you can also choose the color of the text and its size.
Download and Use your Customized Logo: Once you are happy with the design, click on the Download button to download your logo. Your logo will be automatically saved as a .zip file to your computer.
When it comes to the Bitcoin logo, distinct, relevant, versatile, and classic are a few words that describe it. So that is the primary reason why the Bitcoin logo quickly became one of the most recognizable logos. Also, the Bitcoin logo’s excellent quality helps make it suitable for every marketing medium.
However, always keep in mind that Bitcoin is a volatile asset. So, before investing in it, seeking expert advice is essential to avoid any money loss.
Creating a recognizable logo is what you need in order to create a brand. However, the good thing is that you don’t have to be highly skilled in graphic design to achieve that. Yes, you heard it right. You can easily create your own logo with our free logo maker.
- Adidas Logo: History and Evolution
- Doritos Logo: A Glorious History of Little Bits of Gold
- Nike Logo: History and Evolution
- Bank of America Logo: From Monogram to American Flag
- Squid Game Logo: Meaning Behind Hidden Symbol
- TikTok Logo: The Meaning Behind the Colorful Note
- Domino’s Logo: History and what Domino’s has to do with Pizza
- AT&T Logo History: Journey From Bell to Globe
Most Popular Posts
- Best PDF Editor Apps for Android in 2023
By Snigdha | October 4, 2023
- Find Top 10 Wallpaper Apps & How To Build Your App
By Garima Singh | November 14, 2023
- Best Google Sheets Add-Ons
By Snigdha | January 10, 2023
- 7 Essential Business Podcasts for Entrepreneurs & Small Business Owners
By Abhinav Girdhar | August 19, 2019
- Top restaurant website builders
By Abhinav Girdhar | August 2, 2020