Key features to include in your Loyalty App
- Sign-up or LoginLet your app users sign in so that their personalized settings are saved for their next visit. Make sure that the sign up and the sign in process is simple and smooth without any friction. The idea is not to make them jump through hoops. Remember, you want them to sign up! Added bonus would be if you were to allow social media logins so that you can get their basic details.
- Location-based Push NotificationPush notifications can be a great way to reach out and stay connected to your app users and when you time it right, the rewards multiply! Location-based push notifications ensure that you are reaching out to the right targeted users at an opportune time bringing you maximum returns.
- Easy payment OptionYour loyalty program or the loyalty app you are building finally has the one goal of encouraging customers to spend more. Hence, the payment option or the payment process in your app should be simple, secure, and easy to use. Failing to do this, increases friction and will lead to loss of sales.
- Instant or Tier based RewardsThe loyalty app needs to have a mix of rewards, some of them instant for completing the actions you desire from your users and the others may be tier based to motivate the users to continue making repeat or recurring purchases. It is the rewards that will help your users make the final purchase decision.
- Redemption at CheckoutThis is particularly relevant when you have a point-based reward system where the points garnered by the app users can be redeemed for rewards or discounts. These points when displayed strategically at the checkout and integrated in the payment process, can make a lot of difference. The emotions related to rewards can help improve the whole experience for the user.
- Fun & Smooth ValidationThere are many ways for validation of rewards earned in the loyalty programs. You can choose to go with any of the following:
- QR Codes
- Loyalty Cards
You can choose one or give your users multiple options for their comfort.
- Social Media IntegrationEveryone you know is steeped deep in Social Media and that is where you have to meet them. Integrate social networking channels in your loyalty app so that your app users can check in using them, or even share your app and the amazing benefits, rewards, discounts, or deals they received using it!
- Analytics & TrackingThis is of absolute importance. Unless you track and analyze every aspect of your app and how it is being used, you would not be able to find out which features or deals are working and which are not! Keep an eye on all the relevant data and insights you receive through app analytics and keep making the desired changes!
- Digital Loyalty CardDon’t rely on your customers to carry a physical loyalty card around! Your loyalty app should act as their digital loyalty card that can be carried around all the time, right in their phones. Who can ever forget their phone? Can you?