|A10||1.02 × 1.46 in|
|A9||1.46 × 2.05 in|
|A8||2.05 × 2.91 in|
|A7||2.91 × 4.13 in|
|A6||4.13 × 5.83 in|
|A5||5.83 × 4.13 in|
|A4||8.27 × 11.69 in|
|A3||11.69 × 16.54 in|
|A2||16.54 × 23.39 in|
|A1||23.39 × 33.11 in|
|A0||33.11 × 46.81 in|
A greeting card is a piece of paper, often folded into eighths, with a decorative face and a message inside. The card is usually sent through the mail, or given as a gift. The messages are usually well wishes, luck, or some other sentiment. Greeting cards are used for many different occasions and people. They can be used for special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, graduations, and sometimes for simple greetings for no special reason. They are also used for funerals, sympathies, and condolences.
People use greeting cards for different reasons – some people use them because they don’t have the time or don’t know how to write a proper letter, while others use them as a way to be creative and add a bit of art to their lives. Some people use them to spread cheer and make others feel special, while others use them for practical purposes, such as sending a sympathy card to someone.
So when we exchange our emotions through greetings, why not design the greeting card with the right size and dimensions to leave an ever-lasting impression on the recipient. Take a look at Appy Pie’s greeting card size chart which describes different business card types and their standard sizes.
What are the different types of Greeting cards with their specific sizes?
- Double-fold Greeting Cards (8.5″ x 5.5″)
- Traditional greeting cards come in sizes of 4.25″ x 5.5″, 5″ x 7″, and 8.5″ x 5.5″
- Standard Double-fold Greeting Cards are 8.5″ x 5.5″ and have a flap that folds over. They can be made with or without a window.
- Double-fold cards are typically used for birthdays, anniversaries and other more intimate occasions.
- Folded Greeting Cards (5″ x 7.5″)
- Standard folded cards are 5″ x 7.5″ and are folded into thirds.
- Folded cards are typically used for thank you and sympathy cards.
- Folded cards also come in a smaller version that is 3.5″ x 5.5″ called Mini Fold cards.
Die-cut styles for Greeting cards
- Straight Cut:
- Diagonal Cut:
- Laser Cut:
This is the most common style and is used for most cards. The layout is printed on the card with a straight cut along the edge of the card.
Often used for photo cards, the photo is printed with a diagonal cut on the edge of the card.
Also referred to as “Deep Cut”, this style is not as common as the other styles. The difference is that a laser cuts through the card and leaves a small “window” in the card where the picture.