Zoom vs. Google Meet vs. Microsoft Teams: Which is better for remote meetings in 2023?
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we conduct our daily business. Travel restrictions and social distancing have led to video conferencing apps assuming great importance for businesses, educational institutes, families, and individuals. The three most popular video conferencing apps in recent times are Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams. So, how do you make a choice? How do you decide which app to choose, especially when you are attending remote meetings and working in a hybrid or work from home environment?
ZoomOne of the world's most popular video conferencing apps, Zoom, has gained immense popularity. The app was created with a clear target - businesses and offices. The platform has today become the most preferred medium for video and audio conferencing and serves more than 300 million daily participants. The platform supports multiple ways of communication within video or audio conferences, including private or group chats where people can converse and even exchange different types of files among themselves. Since we work with global stakeholders, there is always a chance that some people may not be able to attend the Zoom meeting. In such situations, you can record the meetings and share them with the team members who were unable to attend and keep them updated on any changes that may have been discussed in the meeting.The features and benefits of the video conferencing platform - Zoom include the following:
- Simple and easy-to-use user interface.
- The flexibility and versatility of the app make it great for addressing the needs of a large audience.
- Easy to integrate with multiple other powerful, relevant, and valuable third-party apps.
- The platform is easily scalable for businesses of all sizes, from individuals to small businesses to large enterprises.
- Lets you host one-on-one or company-wide meetings with the same ease and efficiency.
- Has quite a few engaging features that make video conferences interactive, including a hand raise option, polls, screen sharing, non-verbal feedback, a breakout room, and more.
- Waiting room to host the new participants before they can join the meeting.
Google MeetThe second video conferencing app we are going to talk about is Google Meet, which, unlike the other two apps on the list, is exclusively a video conferencing app. The app is designed particularly to meet the needs of enterprises of varying sizes. Previously known as Hangouts - Google Meet needs you to have a Google account. The platform functionalities are further amplified by the possibility of integrating it with other Google apps. The features and benefits of the video conferencing platform - Google Meet include the following:
- Integration with Google Work Space boosts the app’s functionality.
- Lets you use live captions during the meeting.
- It is entirely online or cloud-based, which means you do not have to download any program or software to use Google Meet.
- Offers optional hardware to support conference room setups.
- The platform provides great scope for using custom layouts and screen settings.
- Live chat capabilities
- Screen sharing for better communication during the video conference.
- Great encryption and security features to keep confidential data safe and protected.
Microsoft TeamsMicrosoft Teams is yet another popular video conferencing app which is perfect for large enterprises particularly. This collaborative video conferencing application is included in Microsoft 365 membership. The platform does not require you to download the app if you are using it through Microsoft 365. Microsoft Teams is integrated with all the other apps in Microsoft 365, including Outlook and Office 365. You can use Microsoft Teams to host calls with up to ten thousand members. The features and benefits of the video conferencing platform - Microsoft Teams include:
- Screen sharing lets you show demos or presentations.
- Option to schedule meetings ahead of time while syncing them with Google Calendar.
- Customize the backgrounds when you are working from an unorthodox location to avoid distractions.
- Together Mode lets you work with shared backgrounds.
- Share all types of files and edit them in real-time.
- Log into the video conference with multiple accounts. Advanced privacy and security measures.
- Zoom with macOS Calendar The free calendar app in macOS - macOS calendar comes in really handy when you want to keep on top of all your commitments. It enables you to create and manage events quickly and easily.
- Creates a new Zoom Meeting whenever a new attachment is received.
- Create an event on macOS Calendar whenever a new meeting or webinar is created on Zoom.
- Create registration questions that will be displayed to users while registering for a Zoom meeting whenever a new attachment is received.
- OneNote with Zoom OneNote is a digital notebook that can help you capture, organize, and share information. It helps you record everything in one central location and is compatible with all your devices.
- Create a new note in the "Quick Notes" section of your default OneNote notebook whenever a new recording is completed for a Zoom meeting or webinar.
- Create a new note in a specific OneNote notebook/section whenever a new Zoom meeting or webinar is created.
- Create registration questions that will be displayed to users while registering for a Zoom meeting whenever a new note is created in a OneNote notebook/section.
- Clubhouse with Zoom The clubhouse is a social audio application available on both Android and iOS platforms. It allows users to talk in audio chat rooms with thousands of people.
- Create a new Clubhouse story whenever a new meeting or webinar is created on Zoom.
- Create a new story on Clubhouse whenever a new recording is completed for a Zoom meeting or webinar.
- Create a new Clubhouse story whenever a new registrant is added to a Zoom webinar.
- Zoom with Google Forms Google Forms is the easiest and most effective way to create a web-based survey, quiz, or form to collect responses in Google Docs. Google Forms is great as a response collection tool, whether you want to poll hundreds of people or just a few. It works equally well on both the web and mobile.
- Add a new meeting registrant on Zoom whenever a new response row is added to Google Forms.
- Create a new response/entry on Google Forms whenever a new registrant is added to a Zoom webinar or meeting.
- Create registration questions that will be displayed to users while registering for a Zoom meeting whenever a new response row is added to your Google Forms.
- Discord with Zoom Discord is a unique cross-platform communication app designed originally just for gamers. Today, other businesses and marketers have realized the importance of the medium to establish more robust communication.
- Assign a role to a Discord user whenever a new registrant is added to a Zoom webinar.
- Post a new message to a specific Discord channel of your choice whenever a new recording is completed for a Zoom meeting or webinar.
- Create a new webinar registrant on Zoom whenever a new user joins your Discord Server.
Top 5 Zoom integrations
Popular integrations of Zoom with macOS Calendar
Popular integrations of OneNote with Zoom
Popular integrations of Clubhouse with Zoom
Popular integrations of Zoom with Google Forms
Popular integrations of Discord with Zoom
- Google Meet with WordPress WordPress is a free, open-source content management system that lets you create attractive and functional websites and blogs. The most prominent features include a plugin architecture and a template system called "Themes."
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever a new user is added on WordPress.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever you add a new comment on WordPress.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever a form is submitted on WordPress.
- Slack with Google Meet Slack is an instant messaging app designed for corporate and business use. The platform has the ability to bring all your team communication in one place, increasing the efficiency of all teams through smooth communication.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever a new Slack channel is created.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever there is a mention of a username or a word is highlighted in a public Slack channel.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever a new message is posted on a Slack channel of your choice.
- Google Meet with Discord Discord is a cross-platform communication app designed for gamers but has emerged as a useful platform for anyone to chat with different groups of people, large or small.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever a new message is posted to a specific Discord channel.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever a new user joins your Discord Server.
- Google Meet with Twitch Twitch is a live video streaming platform with a massive range of content, offering nearly anything you’d want to watch, from cooking, informational content, music, and Q&A session.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever you get a new follower on Twitch.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever a new stream goes live matching a specified game and language.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever a live stream starts from specified streamers.
- Calendly with Google Meet Calendly is one of the simplest ways to keep all the events organized and show your availability. Calendly lets you book meetings easily and seamlessly, as it syncs your calendar with your colleagues' calendars before sending meeting requests and makes scheduling easy.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever an invitee cancels a scheduled event on Calendly.
- Schedule a meeting automatically on Google Meet whenever an invitee schedules an event on Calendly.
Top 5 Google Meet integrations
Popular integrations of Google Meet with WordPress
Popular integrations of Slack with Google Meet
Popular integrations of Google Meet with Discord
Popular integrations of Google Meet with Twitch
Popular integrations of Calendly with Google Meet
- Microsoft Teams with Shippo Shippo is the most preferred multi-carrier shipping software for e-commerce businesses. The platform helps you lower shipping costs, find the best carrier rates for your business, and get paid faster by managing all your shipping operations through a single platform.
- Create a new order in Shippo whenever a new message is posted to a specific Microsoft Teams channel you choose.
- Post a new message to a Microsoft Teams channel of your choice whenever an order is shipped through Shippo.
- Create a new chat on Microsoft Teams whenever an order is shipped on Shippo.
- Microsoft Teams with Google Calendar One of the most popular and useful Google Calendar is perfect for time management and scheduling. It lets you make appointments, organize your daily tasks, and more.
- Add a new detailed event on Google Calendar whenever a new team is created on Microsoft Teams.
- Post a new message to a Microsoft Teams channel of your choice at a specified time before a Google Calendar event starts.
- Send a chat message on Microsoft Teams whenever an event matching a search is created on Google Calendar.
- Microsoft Teams with Expensify A simple expense tracking app, Expensify automatically captures your receipts and organizes them into usable data. This prevents you from wasting your time on paperwork and focus on more critical issues,.
- Create a new expense report on Expensify whenever a new chat message is created on Microsoft Teams.
- Create a single expense item on Expensify whenever a new chat message is created on Microsoft Teams.
- Export an Expensify report to a PDF document whenever a new message is posted to a specific Microsoft Teams channel of your choice.
- Microsoft Teams with Zoho Connect An excellent team collaboration platform, Zoho Connect lets you bring together your workers, partners, vendors, and other stakeholders. The platform also offers a platform and the right tools to communicate better and get the job done much faster.
- Add a user to a group on Zoho Connect whenever a new user is added in the group's user list on Microsoft Teams.
- Add a new event in a specific group in Zoho Connect whenever a new meeting is created on Microsoft Teams.
- Add a new task in a specific board on Zoho Connect whenever a new message is posted to a specific Microsoft Teams channel of your choice.
- Microsoft Teams with GoHighLevel GoHighLevel is is a full suite platform for agencies with a full featured page builder to capture leads. It lets you connect with your leads through Phone Connect, Voicemail Drops, SMS/MMS, Emails, and even Facebook Messenger.
- Add new member in a group on Microsoft Teams whenever a new contact is created on GoHighLevel.
- Create a meeting on Microsoft Teams whenever a new appointment is booked on GoHighLevel.
- Create notes on GoHighLevel whenever a new chat message is created on Microsoft Teams.
Top 5 Microsoft Teams integrations
Popular integrations of Microsoft Teams with Shippo
Popular integrations of Microsoft Teams with Google Calendar
Popular Integrations of Microsoft Teams with Expensify
Popular integrations of Microsoft Teams with Zoho Connect
Popular integrations of Microsoft Teams with GoHighLevel
- If you need just a basic video calling app without many frills and fancies, Google Meet is perfect for you. However, if you do not want to go to the trouble of creating a Google account, this may not be your choice.
- Let’s say you need a sophisticated collaboration tool with enterprise-level features for your conferencing needs. Microsoft Teams is perfect for this requirement as it has wide integration capabilities. But if your team is using apps and software outside the Microsoft ecosystem, this might not be the solution for you.
- For small businesses, individual professionals, or schools and other educational institutions, you may need a platform that is easy to use and does not require signing up. However, there is the question of security which has led to quite a few Zoom bombs.
ConclusionEach video conferencing app on this list has its own characteristics and traits. If you are dabbling with the debate of Zoom vs. Google Meet vs. Microsoft Teams, you need to consider your unique needs and which app suits you the best. However, it is possible for you to pick the app that is the closest match to your requirements and then enhance its functionalities through meaningful integrations using Appy Pie Connect.Zoom and Microsoft Teams, Google Meet and Microsoft Teams, or Google Meet and Zoom using our no-code workflow automation platform.
- How to Create a Multilingual Chatbot for Website?
- How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps on Mobile and Desktop?
- In-app payments gain 68% to become the most popular feature on Appy Pie
- Halloween Origin & How to Plan a Halloween Party on a Budget
- AI in App Development: Benefits, Risks, and Solutions
- Top 10 Real-world Applications of Large Language Models
- How To Learn iOS App Development
- Introduction to Conversational AI
- 11 Best Practices For Mobile App Development
- An Introduction to No-Code Development Platforms