How to use Calendly? [Set up Calendly integrations]
As your business grows in size and scope, the number of daily meetings in your schedule increases too. In the absence of a good meeting scheduler, it can become chaotic, where you may double book meetings or completely miss an important call.
In the absence of a good calendar app, if you plan all these meetings manually, it can get overwhelming. Calendly is a brilliant online scheduling app that lets you manage your daily schedules and meetings in an organized manner.
Table of Content
What is Calendly?
Calendly is an online scheduling app that lets you schedule appointments, meetings, and events. The basic intent of the app is to eliminate the process of time-consuming back-and-forth conversations, emails, and more while trying to coordinate the time and date of any event.
If you are using Calendly, you do not have to deal with countless email chains or phone tags. All you need to do is send your Calendly link for everyone to see your availability. The recipients need not even be Calendly users to be able to view your calendar and availability.
Once you send out your Calendly invite, all invitees will be able to see the available slots in your calendar and can choose the one that works for them. In this way, you can ensure an ideal time slot for both parties, eliminating time zone confusion and avoiding the strings of conversations about everyone’s availability.
How to use Calendly?For anyone who wants to use Calendly, the following steps can act as a guide to do it in the right way. Let’s take a look!
- Set Up Calendly Account
- Create an Event or Meeting in Calendly
- Share Your Calendly Link to Invite People
Go to the Calendly home page and Sign up or log in to your Calendly account. Now, complete your Calendly URL and select the time zone. You will be sharing the Calendly URL with the invitees, so make sure that it is descriptive and professional.
At this stage, you have the option to connect your Calendly account to any or all of your other calendars. Once you link your calendars, your Calendly schedule will be automatically populated with the events already in your other calendars. This will prevent any overlaps while giving invitees clarity about your availability.
Now you can set your general availability to give you ample flexibility for any future changes.
On Calendly, each event can be considered a slot. You, as a Calendly user, have the option to decide how to use those time slots and who gets to see them. For example, you can change the settings of your calendar so that the invitees can only see the slots they are booked for.
You can also create opt-in meetings where you can share the link, and people can choose to register for it. This works great for demos and training sessions, or even webinars for a bigger audience.
Once you have set your calendar up, you can invite people to join or book a slot on your Calendly. Send the invitees a link where they can see all the available time slots and select the ones that work the best for their schedule.
To do this, go to your Account dashboard, then click the Event Types tab. Once you find the event type you want to share, click Copy Link. You can now paste the link directly into your invitation.
Click the down arrow next to Copy Link to see all the additional options to generate a single-use link for a one-time booking. You can also copy a timetable directly into the email.
What Can You Do With Calendly Integration?Calendly integration enables you to streamline scheduling, automate workflows, gather important information, personalize messaging, leverage customer data in various tasks, and maintain a consistent connection with your invitees throughout the sales process. This integration empowers you to optimize your sales efforts, save time, and provide a seamless experience to your prospects and customers.
- Saves time and effortCalendly integration allows you to streamline the scheduling process with your prospects. Instead of going back and forth to find a suitable meeting time, you can share your Calendly link with prospects, and they can easily view your availability and book a meeting at their convenience. This eliminates the need for manual scheduling and saves time for both parties.
- Follow your customersBy integrating Calendly with your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) or sales automation tool, you can create automated workflows that guide your customers through the sales process. For example, after a prospect books a meeting through Calendly, the integration can trigger actions like sending personalized follow-up emails, updating the prospect's status in the CRM, or assigning tasks to sales representatives. This ensures a seamless and consistent experience for your customers.
- Customer relationship managementCalendly allows you to add custom fields to your scheduling process. These fields can capture additional information from your invitees that is important to you. For instance, you can ask specific questions or gather relevant details that help you prepare for the meeting. This customization ensures that you have the necessary information beforehand, enabling more productive and meaningful interactions.
- Customization of messages and tasksThe integration between Calendly and other tools or platforms enables you to leverage the invitee's information for various purposes. For example, you can automatically populate the invitee's details, such as name or company, into customized email templates or other communication channels. This personalization enhances the quality of your messaging and fosters a personalized approach throughout the sales process.
- Stay in touch with inviteesCalendly integration ensures that you stay connected with your invitees from the initial scheduling stage to the end of the sales process. You can automate pre and post-meeting communication, such as sending confirmation emails, reminders, or follow-up messages based on the meeting outcome. This continuous communication helps nurture relationships, build trust, and provide a seamless experience for your invitees, increasing the chances of successful sales conversions.
Top Calendly integrations
- Integrate GoHighLevel with Calendly so that whenever an invitee cancels a scheduled event on your Calendly calendar, tags are automatically added to GoHighLevel.
- Connect Calendly with Shopify so that whenever an invitee schedules an event on Calendly, a new customer is automatically added to the Shopify account.
- Establish an automated workflow between Calendly and Google Sheets so that whenever an invitee cancels a scheduled event on Calendly, a row will automatically be updated in a specified spreadsheet on Google Sheets.
- Build a meaningful integration between Calendly and Facebook Page so that whenever an invitee schedules an event on Calendly, a new Facebook page post is automatically generated.
- Integrate Calendly with WooCommerce so that whenever an invitee schedules an event on Calendly, a WooCommerce customer is automatically created.
- Connect Calendly with Microsoft Exchange so that whenever an invitee schedules an event on Calendly, an event is automatically created on Microsoft Exchange.
- Establish an automated workflow between Calendly and Google Forms so that whenever an invitee schedules an event on Calendly, a new response or entry (row) was automatically created in a specific Google Forms spreadsheet.
- Build a meaningful integration between Gravity Forms and Calendly so that whenever an invitee schedules an event on Calendly, a new form entry is automatically created on Gravity Forms.
- Integrate Calendly with Discord so that whenever an invitee cancels an event on Calendly, a chosen role from the specified user is automatically removed.
- Connect Calendly with Odoo CRM so that whenever an invitee schedules an event on Calendly, a new lead or opportunity is automatically created in Odoo CRM.
ConclusionThis blog can act as a beginner’s guide to set up Calendly. Once you have gone through the entire blog, you will never have to ask how to use Calendly, and Calendly setup becomes super easy for you. Once you set up Calendly, it is possible to expand its functionality even further through workflow automation. You can use Appy Pie Connect, the leading no-code workflow automation platform, to build meaningful Calendly integrations.
- What’s New In Swift 5.0
- Master Sales Probing: 55 Key Questions to Engage Prospects
- How to Make an Infographic Using AI? [7 Simple Steps]
- 21 Rules for Starting a Poultry Farm Business Plan
- What makes NFTs valuable?
- 10 Tips to create a Perfect Organizational Chart
- Top Zendesk Integrations to Boost Your Customer Relationships
- How to Get Buzz Cut Filter on Instagram
- Top 10 Android Apps- How to Create an Android App?
- Challenges of Enterprise App Development and How to Overcome Them