Best Aptitude Questions & Answers [Aptitude Questions for Interview]
Whether you are preparing for a job interview or appearing for a competitive exam, you will have to prepare for aptitude tests. These aptitude test questions and answers are designed to assess various kinds of abilities in the prospective candidates.
Hence these tests are not to be taken lightly, and you should be ready to put in a fair amount of time preparing for these types of questions and fare better in the interview. You can prepare by consulting the hundreds of aptitude test samples online and even build your own quiz app with a no-code platform to help others prepare for the same.
Creating a quiz app with Appy Pie’s no-code app builder requires very little investment, no special skills, and just a few minutes!
Types Of Aptitude Interview Questions
As you appear for the interview or competitive exam, the test may contain several types of aptitude questions. Ahead in the post, we are listing the different types of aptitude questions that you may be asked.
- Abstract reasoning: This type of aptitude questions help prospective employers assess your mental abilities to establish logical connections between the dataset, creative thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Numerical reasoning: Numerical reasoning questions are drafted to analyze your aptitude for numbers. This is important, especially in positions where candidates must work with graphs, stats, and equations.
- Verbal reasoning: Questions in this category analyze the reading comprehension abilities of the candidate. Your performance in this category indicates your ability to understand, analyze, and draw insights from text-based information.
- Psychometric questions: These questions assess the candidate’s ability to understand and respond to real-life situations. It helps the employer understand whether you can make the right decision at the right time.
- Logical reasoning: This category of questions assesses the ability to draw conclusions from all the information at hand. The candidate’s performance here indicates their problem-solving ability.
Commonly Asked Aptitude Interview Questions With Sample Answers and Explanations
Now that we know all the different types of aptitude questions you may face in your next job interview, it’s time to get into the most commonly asked questions.
- Which shape comes next?
Answer: Option E
- Which is the odd one out?
- Which option completes the grid?
- Which option is the next in sequence?
- Which one is the odd one out?
- Complete the series 3 – 8 – 15 – 24 – 35 -?
Explanation: The difference amount increases by two each time.
Therefore, 13 (11 + 2) should be added to the last number in the series.
35 + 13 = 48
- Two numbers are 20% and 50% more than a third number. The ratio of the two numbers is:
Explanation: If the third number is X, the first number = 120% of X = 120X/100 = 6X/5.
The second number = 150% of X = 150X/100 = 3X/2
Ratio between the two = 6X/5 * 3X/2 = 12X/15X = ⅘ or 4:5
- In 60 liters of liquid, the ratio of milk : water is 2:1. If we want this ratio to be 1:2, then how much more water should be added?
- 20 liters
- 60 liters
- 40 liters
- 50 liters
Answer: 60 liters
Explanation: Milk = 60 x 2/3 liters = 40 liters
Water = 60 – 40 = 20 liters
Amount of water to be added = X
Milk : Water = 40/(20+X)
40/(20 + X) = 1/2
80 = 20 + X
X = 60 liters
- A and B have USD 1210 combined. If 4/15th of A’s money equals 2/5th of B’s money, how much money does B have?
- USD 684
- USD 430
- USD 484
- USD 515
Answer: USD 484
Explanation: 4/15A = 2/5B
A = (2/5 x 15/4)B
A = 3/2 B
A/B = 3/2
A : B = 3 : 2.
B’s share = USD (1210 x 2/5) = USD 484.
- Find X if – 1.5 : x :: 10 : 16
Explanation: (X x 10) = (1.5 x 16 X) = 24/10 = 2.4
- Complete the series Doctor : Patient :: Teacher : ?
- Find the two statements that together prove:
Kelly has brown hair
1: Kelly has long hair.
2: Rachael has brown hair.
3: Rachael is ten years old.
4: Kelly’s hair is the same color as Rachael’s.
5: Rachael has short hair.
- 1 & 2
- 2 & 3
- 2 & 5
- 2 & 4
- Assertion (A): James Watt invented the Steam Engine.
Reason (R): Pumping out the water from flooded mines was a challenge
- Both A and R are true, and R is the correct explanation of A.
- Both A and R are true, but R is NOT the correct explanation of A.
- A is true, but R is false.
- Both A and R are false.
Answer: Option A
Explanation: The challenge of pumping out water from the flooded mines led to the need for a self-working engine, which led James Watt to invent the steam engine.
- Event(A): The government has failed to stop illegal immigrants cross the border.
Event (B): Foreigners have been staying in the country for several years illegally.
- ‘A’ is the effect, and ‘B’ is its immediate and principal cause.
- ‘B’ is the effect, and ‘A’ is its immediate and principal cause.
- ‘A’ is the effect, but ‘B’ is not its immediate and principal cause.
- None of these.
Answer: ‘B’ is the effect, and ‘A’ is its immediate and principal cause.
Explanation: As the government has failed to stop illegal immigration from across the border, foreigners have been entering the country illegally and living here for several years. Hence, (A) is the immediate and principal cause and (B) is its effect.
MISD KUMP GOTH is MERRY CHRISTMAS DAD.
GOTH WUIM FREK KUMP is DAD IS MERRY TODAY.
KOMP WUIM FREK KUMP is MUM IS MERRY TODAY.
Which word means CHRISTMAS?
- Pathway To Get Funding For Your Mobile App Startup
- 14 Trending eCommerce Website Templates to Use in 2023
- How to Design a Good Business Card? [Tips & Tricks]
- 10 Best BambooHR Integrations for Learning Management
- The Limitations of Virtual Reality
- History of Artificial Intelligence – A Brief History of AI
- How to Create a Slideshow? (Step-by-Step Guide)
- FlatMap and CompactMap Explained in Swift
- 10 Best Vend Integrations for POS & Inventory Management
- What is eCommerce Automation and How it Works?
Most Popular Posts
- How Virtual Money in Apps Can Help Developers Earn More?
By Abhinav Girdhar | September 23, 2020
- How To Design An Effective Mobile Ad Campaign [An Ultimate Guide]
By Abhinav Girdhar | October 3, 2018
- Best Design Tools to Create Stunning Social Media Graphics
By Abhinav Girdhar | October 31, 2020
- Why You Need CRM Software for Your Business?
By Abhinav Girdhar | June 27, 2019
- How to Trademark your Logo in 2023 and why is it Important?
By Abhinav Girdhar | November 1, 2022