How to build a website on Notion? [+ Best Notion integrations for you]
Notion as a platform has amazing collaborative possibilities and lets all the teams within an organization come together to work on projects in a smooth and cohesive manner. However, one feature that not many people talk about is the website builder built into the platform.
Of course, there are a number of other ways to make Notion your next best friend, but in this post, we are going to learn how you can create a Notion website and about the best Notion integrations for your unique requirements.
Table of Content
Notion is often touted as the app that has single-handedly replaced multiple productivity apps by integrating their functionalities into one app. The app can act as an all-in-one workplace for all your note-taking, task management, and project management needs.
Apart from doing everything I mentioned above, another useful and understated use of Notion is to create websites. Though a website created on Notion is not at par with a full-fledged website in terms of performance, it is a great choice when you need to get a web page live quickly.
How to build a website with Notion?
The process of creating a Notion website is really simple. When you start to build a website with Notion, you need not worry about coding or programming from scratch. The process is quite like setting up a personal page which doesn’t really require you to create any unique setup.
Once you have done that, all you need to do is click on the Share button at the top-right corner. Now you can use the toggle button to decide whether you want to share your page on the internet.
As soon as your page is live on the web, you will see the website link and a number of useful features that will help you improve the security of your page. Here are some of the options you will see:
- Allow anyone to edit your page
- Allow comments
Enhancing Your Website with Notion Features
- Utilizing databases and tables for dynamic content
- Integrating third-party embeds and widgets
- Adding interactive elements and forms
Notion offers powerful database and table features that can enhance the functionality and dynamic nature of your website. By creating databases within Notion, you can store and organize structured data such as blog posts, products, events, or any other type of content. You can then display this data in various ways using table views, filters, and sorting options. This allows visitors to your website to interact with and explore your content in a more dynamic and organized manner.
Notion allows you to seamlessly integrate third-party content, services, and tools into your website. This can include embedding YouTube videos, Google Maps, social media feeds, or other external widgets and services. By leveraging these integrations, you can enrich your website with interactive elements and provide a more engaging experience for your visitors. For example, you can embed a Twitter feed to showcase real-time updates or integrate a payment widget for e-commerce functionality.
Notion enables you to create interactive elements and forms directly within your website. You can add checkboxes, buttons, toggles, or other interactive components to make your content more engaging and interactive. These elements can be used to create interactive quizzes, surveys, contact forms, or feedback forms, allowing visitors to interact and provide input directly on your website. This helps you gather valuable data, engage with your audience, and create a more interactive user experience.
How to change your Notion website URL?
The default URL for your Notion website might be less than satisfying for anyone, especially if you are a serious business owner. And frankly, you can’t really expect a brilliant URL from a free service. There are two ways to rectify this issue and get the desired URL:
- Connect your own domain to your Notion website, or
- Use a URL shortener service
In the second option the website URL is not going to change, but you will have a cleaner, convenient URL to share with clients or other stakeholders.
Best Notion integrations
- Integrate Microsoft Outlook with Notion so that whenever you add a new event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar, an item is automatically created in a Notion database.
- Connect Notion with Microsoft To-Do so that whenever you create a new database item in Notion, a new task is automatically created on Microsoft To-Do.
- Establish a connect between Habitica and Notion so that whenever you create a new challenge on Habitica, an item is added automatically to a Notion database.
- Build a meaningful integration between WordPress and Notion so that whenever you add a new post on WordPress, an item is added automatically to a Notion database.
- Integrate Tableau with Notion so that whenever a new data source occurs in Tableau, an item is added automatically to a Notion database.
- Connect Notion with Tick Tick so that whenever you create a new database item in Notion, a task is automatically created in Tick Tick.
- Establish a connect between Slack and Notion so that whenever you create a new Slack channel, a new item is added automatically to a Notion database.
- Build a meaningful integration between Gmail and Notion so that whenever you receive a new email matching a specific search string, a new item is automatically added to a Notion database.
- Integrate Notion with SharePoint so that whenever you create a new item on a SharePoint list, a new item is automatically created in a Notion database.
- Connect Google Tasks with Notion so that whenever you complete a task in a specific task list, a new item is automatically created in a Notion database.
Useful tips and best practices for a successful website on Notion
Consider the following tips and best practices to ensure a successful website-building experience on Notion:
- Plan your structure: Before diving into building your website, take the time to plan and define its structure, including the hierarchy of pages, navigation menus, and content organization. This will help you create a clear and intuitive website layout.
- Keep it organized: Maintain a consistent and organized structure within Notion by utilizing parent pages, subpages, and internal linking. This will make it easier for visitors to navigate your website and find the information they are looking for.
- Leverage templates and examples: Explore existing Notion templates and website examples to get inspiration for your own website. Notion’s template gallery and online communities can provide valuable resources and ideas for designing and structuring your website.
- Regularly review and update: Set aside time to review and update your website regularly. Check for broken links, outdated content, and make necessary revisions to keep your website fresh and up to date.
- Test and iterate: Test your website on different browsers, devices, and screen sizes to ensure a consistent and seamless experience for all users. Solicit feedback from others to identify areas for improvement and iterate on your design and content.
- Collaborate with others: Notion’s collaboration features allow you to work with team members or seek feedback from others during the website-building process. Leverage this functionality to enhance collaboration and gather different perspectives on your website.
By being aware of common challenges and implementing these useful tips and best practices, you can overcome obstacles and create a successful website on Notion. Remember to stay organized, plan ahead, optimize performance, and continuously iterate to ensure your Notion website is engaging, user-friendly, and meets your goals.
In the blog, we have talked about the importance and use of Notion as a collaborative platform, how to use the Notion website builder to create a Notion website, and the best Notion integrations. You can build a Notion website in minutes without learning to code. You can also enhance the power of the app through integrations with other applications available on Appy Pie Connect.
- Top 10 Characteristics Your Inbound Website Must Have
- The Annual Apple Event Leaves the Hopefuls Dissatisfied
- History of Orange Color in Graphic Design: 25 Best Colors that go with Orange Color
- 6 Benefits of Using an Enterprise No-Code Platform for Building Apps & More
- Graphic Design Tips & Tricks You Need to Know
- How to Estimate the Cost Of Mobile App MVP Development (for your Appdea)?
- Top 10 Content Curation Tools That Superstar Digital Marketers Swear By
- The Best Enterprise Project Management Software in 2023
- 10 Best Professional Fonts to Use For Websites
- Champagne Color as a Versatile and Timeless Element in Graphic Design
Most Popular Posts
- Best Remote Desktop Software in 2023
By Snigdha | October 4, 2023
- Best PDF Editor Apps for Android in 2023
By Snigdha | October 4, 2023
- Best Accounts Payable Automation Software For Streamlined Business Finance Processes
By Snigdha | October 4, 2023
- Best Creative Management Software in 2023
By Snigdha | October 4, 2023
- Best Application Development Software in 2023
By Snigdha | October 3, 2023