How to Setup a Welcome Experience on Discord? [Top Discord Integrations with Appy Pie Connect]
Discord is a great communication platform that can be used for a variety of purposes ranging from work to personal and hobby reasons. A bot, MEE6, notifies everyone when someone joins the server. Discord isn't just for individuals: lots of businesses build Discord communities for their brands. Many Discord servers have a process for greeting new members—including a welcome screen, welcome messages, and welcome channels.
Table of Content
Welcome messages helps users will be able to get to know each other quickly if they know about the new entrants on the server. Some servers just use a #general chat for welcome messages, while others use a completely separate channel for welcome messages. Here is a complete guide on how to set up an amazing welcome experience on Discord:
How to Create a Server on Discord?Here is a step by step guide on how to create a server on Discord:Step 1: Click on the plus symbol on the left menu bar to “Add a Server”.
Step 2: A window will now open. You can choose to join a server or create your own. Click on “Create My Own”.
Step 3: Specify whether the server should be for your friends or for an official club/community. You can also skip this question.
Step 4: Enter your server’s name and click on “Create”.
Step 5: Your new Discord server is now ready to use. You can now invite your Discord friends directly.
Why should you Setup a Welcome Process for your Discord Server?
Many servers drop the announcement of new members in their #general channel, and that works well enough for some servers. But if you want to nurture a community, you should create a special channel to welcome newcomers and start them off with an understanding of your goals.
Setting up a special welcome channel can have a plethora of benefits:
- It sets expectations of what new members should expect from your server
- It gets the newcomer familiar with your channel structure and gives them the knowledge of other channels in the server
- It can teach a few Discord basics especially if the new member is new to the app
How to Make a Welcome Channel in Discord?Step 1: Open the Discord server and right-click the left panel to click the "Create Channel" option.
Step 2: Select the Text Channel and name it “Welcome”
Step 3: Right click on the channel and select “Edit Channel”. Go to Permissions > Advanced Permissions to make changes in the channel. For a welcome channel it is recommended to turn on “View Channel” and “Read Message History” options in this list. You should also turn off the “Send Message” option.
Step 4: Browse the official website of the MEE6 bot to add it to your server. Click on “Add to Discord” to add the bot to your server.
Step 5: It will request you to authorize before adding the bot to your server. Click on “Authorize”.
Step 6: Select the server in which you want to set up the bot and click on “Setup”.
Step 7: Click on “Continue.” Then select what privileges you want to assign to the bot and click on “Authorize”.
Step 8: Once you add the MEE6 bot to your server, you can access the plugin gallery from its official website. So, click on the “Welcome & Goodbye” from the left panel to open it. Click the toggle to activate “Send a message when a user joins the server”.
Step 9: You can select the channel where the welcome message will be sent as well as the text for the message. You can also choose to send a welcome card along with the message.
Step 10: Now, save the setting to make the changes successful.
Now that the bot is setup, whenever a user enters the server, a message will be sent in the server. For example: when a user “samarpitnasa” joined the Appy Pie Test server, they got the welcome message like this:
Top Discord Integrations
Discord is a highly popular cross-platform communication app designed for gamers but suitable for anyone to chat with groups of people. The app can be integrated with thousands of other apps using Appy Pie Connect to automate manual tasks. Here are some popular Discord integrations you can use:
- Discord with Google Docs You can integrate Discord and Google Docs to create workflow automations that can perform various tasks including:
- Sending channel message in Discord when a new document is created in Google Docs
- Creating channel in Discord when there is a new document in folder in Google Docs
- Creating channel in Discord when a new document is created in Google Docs
- Adding roles in Discord when a new document is created in Google Docs
- Discord with Square
- Sending channel message in Discord when a new customer is created in SquareUp
- Adding role in Discord when new transaction is created in SquareUp
- Sending channel message in Discord when a new transaction is created in SquareUp
- Creating channel to Discord when a there is a new transaction in SquareUp
- Discord with Amazon DynamoDB
- Creating item in Amazon DynamoDB whenever a new message is posted to channel in Discord
- Creating channel in Discord when a new table is created in Amazon DynamoDB
- Creating an item in Amazon DynamoDB whenever a new user is added in Discord
- Sending channel message in Discord when a new table is created in Amazon DynamoDB
- Discord with Office 365
- Creating contact in Office 365 when a new user is added in Discord
- Sending channel message in Discord when a new calendar is created in Office 365
- Creating channel in Discord when a new contact is created in Office 365
- Adding roles in Discord when a new calendar is created in Office 365
Square is a popular POS app that is used by businesses all over the globe. Appy Pie Connect can help you build workflow automations between Discord and Square for a variety of tasks:
Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service from Amazon that delivers rapid performance at any scale. Appy Pie Connect can connect Discord with Amazon DynamoDB to help automate manual tasks including:
Microsoft Office 365 is a complete suite of home and enterprise-grade applications like Excel, Outlook, Word, SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive, and more. You can use Appy Pie Connect to integrate Discord with Office 365 to complete a plethora of tasks including:
Discord is a fantastic communication platform, and welcome channels can help make users feel welcome and at home. A way to make this communication app more successful and use it to your advantage is to integrate it with thousands of other valuable apps using Appy Pie Connect.
- Blog Title
- 6 Best E-commerce Website Builders to Launch Your Online Store
- Appy Pie, the sole App Builder at CEBIT 2018 Piqued Curiosity & Wonder Among the Visitors
- Best IoT Platforms [A Comparison of Features, Pros, and Cons in 2024]
- Minecraft Block: Types, Block List, and How to Craft Minecraft Blocks?
- Blue Gray: The Versatile Hue for Every Season
- Maximizing Customer Loyalty: 15 Engagement Metrics You Need to Know
- Top 20 Best Real Estate Websites in India & Worldwide
- 15 Powerful Ways to Grow Your Water Delivery Business
- How Machine Learning Benefits Designers and Creatives