|International (A4)||8.27 × 11.69 in|
|US (Letter)||8.5 × 11 in|
Writing letters is important because it helps to develop our writing skills. It is also useful for improving our communication skills. Moreover, it helps us to express our feelings in a better way. In addition, letter writing is not just a writing skill but also a way of learning to communicate and to express our feelings.
That’s why make a good impression on your recipient and get a good reaction on designing your letter with the right size and dimensions on following Appy Pie’s Standard Letter Size Guide.
US Letter Design: It is the most common format for letters and invitations in the United States. It measures 8.5 x 11 inches (21.6 x 27.9 cm) and has a border on the top and bottom of the page.
A4 (International) Letter size design: It is the most common format for letters and invitations in Europe. It measures 210 x 297 mm and has a border on the top and bottom of the page.
C Letter size design: It measures 140 x 210 mm and has a border on the top and bottom of the page.
What points should one consider while sending a letter
When sending letters or packages through the mail, consider the following:
- Address the envelope to the recipient by name and title.
- Use the person’s correct address.
- Mail the letter at least 0.7 centimeters (0.3 inches) from the edge of the envelope.
- Seal the envelope so that it doesn’t open during transportation.
- Print the recipient’s name in bold letters.
- Write the sender’s name and address in the upper left corner of the envelope.
- Write the name and address of the organization you are sending the letter to in the upper left corner.
- When sending a large envelope or package, use the words “Do not bend.”
- If the item is too big to fit in the mailbox, attach a small piece of paper with the word “Fragile” written on it.