How to Create a Tour App in 3 Easy Steps?
Select the name for your app
Choose the category that works best for you.
Add the features on the next screen
Create a Tour App in minutes without any coding.
Launch your app on app stores
Make travel convenient for the users with your Tour app.
Now that you know how to create a tour app for yourself, let us discuss the top features you must include in your tour app.
Top 7 Must-Have Features for Your Tour App
Here are the top must-have features for a tour app that makes travel convenient and memorable.
- Social Media Login: The registration process for the tour app should be simple and easy for the users. You can gather valuable information about the users during this process, which could help you in understanding their behavior and retaining them.
You can also add social media login to the sign-up page, which will give you access to users’ social media profiles. With the help of their social media profiles, you can personalize deals for them in a better way.
- Geolocation Tracking Services: An ideal tour app must have a geolocation tracking feature to make it easy for the tourists to find a hotel to check in to or a café to relax in, for a little while after they reach their destination.
This feature helps travelers track their location and look for viable places nearby. With the help of this feature, tourists can explore new places without depending on any tour services or a local guide.
To implement this feature in your app, you can use Google Maps SDK which is compatible with both Android and iOS. Google Maps SDK helps you add the map to your app along with multiple routing and navigation options.
- Itinerary Generator: The itinerary feature helps tourists deal with the hassle of planning the sequence and timing of places they want to visit. It relieves users from the trouble of figuring out, how to move ahead in their journey.
With this feature in your tour app, users just need to mention the places they wish to visit on their trip and it automatically designs a travel plan that befits the users’ requirements.
As per the study of Travelport’s 2018 Digital Traveler, 64% of the tourists in the United States use tour apps to view their whole itinerary in one place.
- Weather Forecasting: Most of the users use tour apps to check the weather of the place they are planning to visit. Doing this allows them to pack accordingly. An ideal tour app must have a real-time climate forecast feature. It allows the users to be aware of the weather conditions they may face and ensures that they avoid getting in the middle of any natural calamities like cloudbursts, landslides, tornadoes etc.
This feature in an app ensures that travelers won’t need leave the app to check the weather. Your tour app should provide the users with a thorough view of things like humidity, the possibility of cloud formations, expected wind speed, etc.
- Booking Services: Another important thing that travelers have on their mind is the place they have planned to stay in. Everyone looks for a place that is secure, affordable, and relaxing.
To fulfill this purpose, you must add a booking system to your application. It also helps users to categorize places, set reminders, compare prices, and receive notifications about hotel offers. Also, you can add a smart filtering and search engine feature to make the booking process easy for the users.
- Language Translator: Add a language translator to your app to make it global. With your app, users don’t have to install a different app for language translation when traveling to a foreign location. An app with this feature is sometimes a lifesaver, especially when reading maps, street signs, or other critical instructions.
- Reviews and Ratings: Being a part of a highly saturated market, we can’t ignore the criticality of ratings and reviews. People look at the reviews before they make bookings. As per a study, business travelers go through an average of 5-7 reviews before they make the final booking which is why your app must have reviews about different destinations.
Additionally, your app should have a section that enables the app users to post their experiences after they have finished their journey. Posting reviews allows them to connect with other travelers and express their thoughts.
After learning these effective features that you can integrate within your tour app, let us talk about the benefits of creating a tour app.
Benefits of Creating a Tour App
Here are some of the major benefits of creating a tour app.
- All Bookings on a Single Platform: Tour app allows users to make all the bookings on a single platform. They can choose the destination, create an itinerary, book their hotels, order food, book cabs, explore local places, etc. all on one platform.
- Powerful Marketing Tool: Tour apps can also be used as an excellent marketing tool. With this app, you can promote your brand name and its products by regularly creating informative content on different travel ideas. You can send these ideas to your users in the form of push notifications to create customer loyalty.
- Pictures and Videos of Destinations: In your app, you can add beautiful pictures and videos to make it easy for the users to get an advance view of their holiday destination. With the help of these videos and images, users will know how the place looks like and, they would get a better experience.
- Reduces Paperwork: If someone has a tour app on their smartphone, they don’t have to carry their train or flight tickets, hotel reservation tickets, and other documents pertaining to their travel. This saves time and helps reduce the paperwork.
- Customized Services: You can create a tour app to target new customers and engage them with your best service and exciting offers. Make sure your app offers services that fit the traveler’s needs like packing, accommodation, airline booking, and anything else they may need.
After learning about all these effective features and excellent benefits of a tour app, why don’t you create one for yourself?
Appy Pie’s Tour App Builder is one of the best app building platforms that you could ever use. With this app building software, you can create your own app without using any code. You do not need any technical knowledge to work on this software. Start creating your own app today and there is nothing that could stop you from finishing it in the matter of just a few minutes.