Create Passport Size Photos Online: A Complete Guide By Countries
Whether you’re just embarking on your first travel adventure across the world or you’re a travel connoisseur, having a passport is a must. The passport is considered to be the most widely used and recognized ID proof across the world. That is one of the reasons to get your passport done; you must go through a rigorous process and background check. And one of the most important aspects of a valid passport is the passport photo of the holder.
Do you know there are still a few countries that accept black & white photos? Also, a few congregate it in digital format so that it can be facilitated by automatic facial recognition.
Though passport size photo requirements vary from country to country, many terms and conditions are the same that are commonly shared by passport authorities. Some of the standard passport photo print size requirements are as follows:
- The photo should always be taken in a frontal view
- The person can’t smile or show teeth in their passport-size photo
- The person’s eyes should be open, and ears should be visible
- It should be a high-quality, sharp image
Biometric Technology in Passport Size Photos
Most countries have started using biometrics for passport photo size in order to prevent identity theft fraud. Biometrics technology also helps record the arrival and departure of the passport owner.
It is a traditional passport that has a microprocessor chip to store information. A biometric passport is also called a digital passport or an ePassport.
Passport Size Photo Differs By Country
Whether you have a biometric passport with a microprocessor chip or a traditional book, your passport photo size needs to meet a few standard requirements.
For example, a primary passport-size photo in the United States of America and Mexico has to be 2 x 2 inches or 5 x 5 cm. However, the size measurement differs slightly if we compare it to other countries. For example, in Spain, your passport photo size must be 4 x 3 cm, whereas, in Canada, you’ll need a passport photo of 5 x 7 cm in size.
Here’s a list of passport-size photo requirements depending on different countries:
- Albania: 4 cm x 5 cm for a passport and 3.6 cm x 4.7 cm for visa photos
- Australia: 35-40 mm x 45-50 mm for a passport and 35 mm x 45 mm for a visa photo
- Belgium: 35 mm x 45 mm
- Brazil: 5 cm x 7 cm for a passport and 2 x 2 inches for a visa photo
- Cambodia: 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
- Canada: 5 cm x 7 cm
- China: 4.8 cm x 3.3 cm
- Denmark: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Estonia: 4 cm x 5 cm
- Finland: 3.6 cm x 4.7 cm
- France: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Germany: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Greece: 4 cm x 6 cm
- Hungary: 3.5 cm x 4 cm
- Hong Kong: 4 cm x 5 cm
- India: 2 in x 2 in
- Indonesia: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Israel: 5 cm x 5 cm
- Italy: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Japan: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Kenya: 2 in x 2 in
- Laos: 4 cm x 6 cm
- Latvia: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Libya: 4 cm x 6 cm
- Lithuania: 4 cm x 6 cm
- Malaysia: 3.5 cm x 5 cm
- Mexico: 2.5 cm x 3 cm
- Netherlands: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Poland: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Portugal: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Russia: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Rwanda: 4 cm x 4 cm
- Singapore: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- South Korea: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Spain: 2.6 cm x 3.2 cm
- Tanzania: 2 in x 2 in
- Turkey: 5 cm x 6 cm
- Uganda: 2 in x 2 in
- Ukraine: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- United Kingdom: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- United States: 2 in x 2 in
- Venezuela: 3 cm x 4 cm
From the above list, we can say that a 3.5 x 4.5 cm passport-size photo dominates the passport world. However, many countries also strictly follow their photo measurements.
The US passport photo size is 2×2 inches. As far as other requirements are concerned, the Department of State makes the final decision regarding the suitability of your photo in the passport.
A few years ago, there used to be two identical passport-size photos, but now only one should be there.
Other Passport Photo Rules that Need to be Followed
Though the standard of passport photo size varies from country to country, most countries are on the same page when it comes to other matters mentioned below:
- The passport-size photo should always have an off-white or plain white background.
- The person should never wear glasses unless it is for medical reasons.
- The person can’t wear any head coverings for religious reasons.
- Selfies are not accepted.
- The subject should have a neutral expression.
Listing each requirement in terms of what isn’t and what is acceptable in each country would take too much time. However, to learn more about any country, you can visit the official government website for that specific country.
Top 5 Passport Size Photo Maker Tool Online
No matter where you are and what kind of device you are using (mobile phone, tablet, computer, or other) you can use these passport-size maker tools to make your passport-size photo look great. You don’t need to be a professional photographer or graphic artist to do so. Add a photo of your face or any other object – and instantly make it a passport photo using these tools online. It’s easy to use and completely free with no ads. So grab it now and start making your passport photos right away.
- Appy Pie Design
- Passport Photo Online
- Make Passport Photo.com
- Live Chat Software: The Complete Beginner’s Comprehensive Guide
- Best Slack Slash Commands to Boost your Productivity
- 9 Asana Integrations to Change the Way You Work!
- 27 App Marketing Strategies That Just Work
- How Instagram-LinkedIn Integration Boosts Marketing Strategy?
- Best Trello power ups for project management and productivity
- Top 10 SharePoint Integrations That Deliver Business Value
- Understanding The “Use of Unresolved Identifier” Error in Xcode
- How to Create an App Like LinkedIn?
- Top 9 eBay Alternative Sites for eCommerce Sellers
Most Popular Posts
- Which MacBook is Good Enough for iOS Development?
By Aasif Khan | December 8, 2021
- How to Design a Meme in 4 Simple Steps?
By Abhinav Girdhar | March 17, 2021
- How to Increase Facebook Business Page Likes – Strategies and Measures
By Abhinav Girdhar | December 2, 2019
- Why is Software Development Expensive?
By Abhinav Girdhar | June 25, 2020
- How to write a better Prompt for AI Image Generators like DALL-E or Stable Diffusion
By Saumya | February 9, 2023