9 Simple Tips to Create Beautiful Slideshow Designs
Creating a slideshow presentation is difficult. Even with an excellent tool like Microsoft Powerpoint, even with a tool like Microsoft Powerpoint, designing presentations is difficult. Creating a good Slideshow presentation requires a blend of technical skills, an eye for attractive designs and creative ideas. It is so easy to mess up your Presentation that many people hire designers to create presentations for them.Microsoft PowerPoint templates gives you more control on deciding the final look of your presentation. Many say that design doesn’t matter as long as you include the important and necessary information within your slideshow. However, the statistics say otherwise. 84% of people focus on the visual design of their slides more than they focus on the text. Our infographic on presentation design statistics for 2021 shows a clear trend that the design of each individual slide in a slideshow is just as important as the information that is included in it.As the infographic proves, design of every slide is a key part of designing good slideshow presentations. In this blog, we will discuss various creative tips that can help you create better slideshow designs for your next presentation. In this blog we will discuss various tips and tricks that can help you design better slides for your presentation slideshows.
9 Creative Tips to Design Slideshows
- Don’t Overdesign It is very easy to overdesign slides. Your slides need to ‘pop’ and be memorable for the audience looking at it. However, many presenters will often overdesign their slides to make them interesting. Your slides must be well-designed but they must not be too busy. Do remember that your presentation slideshow must talk about important information. Too many elements will divert the attention of audience away from the main message. Keep things simple but intuitive. Use simple geometric elements and easy to read font for the best effect. If you’re looking for design ideas that will best suit your presentation, you can check out our blog on the trends that the graphic design industry follows.
- Avoid Too Much Text Referring to our infographic above, it is clear that almost half of all presentations only use 25% of usable space for text. Too much text makes your designs bulky and unreadable. Avoid too many bullet points or text. That might sound counterintuitive but every presentation will be supported by your narration. If you keep on repeating text in slides, then you’re wasting everyone’s time. Your presentation is supposed to keep the audience’s attention on you.
- Numbers Work Presentations and slideshows are used to display statistics and explain the metrics. Showing of numerical statistics helps increase the authenticity and viability of each slide and people are more likely to focus. Think of the infographic given above. The infographic highlights statistics and numbers and increases its utility within the blog post. This approach works similarly for presentations.
- Avoid Too Many Animations Animated visuals enhance how your slideshows look. They can add a little flair into your presentation. However, do not over do it. Animations are good in small doses but they can be very distracting if used regularly. Stick to simple transition effects to enhance the value of your animations. The simpler your animated visuals, the better your presentations will look and feel.
- Use High Quality Images Not using the right resolution can mess up your presentations. Blurry images and low quality design elements can ruin your presentation. This is why you should always use high quality images in your slideshows. While there are good presentation backgrounds available that you can download for free. This issue will be resolved if you use Appy Pie Design to create your slideshows. Appy Pie Design offers extensive library that includes some of the best quality design elements.
- Bright Colors are Important Presentations and slideshows are supposed to attract attention. Bright colors help keep the viewers’ attention intact. It also work to give contrasting effect that makes your presentation more visible to people sitting further away. Try and use as many bright colors with proper color combinations as possible. If you’re looking for ideas, you can check out our list of 20 best color combinations you can use.
- Choose a Visible Font Whatever little text you decide to include in your slideshows, ensure that it is as clearly visible as possible. Choose a readable font. It is suggested that avoid stylish fonts such as Jokerman, Centeria, etc. Try to use Sans-Serif fonts since they are usually more visible and readable on larger screen sizes and do not tear easily. Try and avoid Helvetica as it is the most common Sans Serif font.
- Add Videos Wherever Possible Presentations consists of videos are often interest more to audience. Include videos wherever you can. Videos promote active cognitive processing and provide a natural way for people to learn. In addition, the modern world prefers video to text. Not utilizing videos will be a big miss for your slideshow presentation.
- Duplicate your Slides While it’s good to evolve your designs and create as many slide designs as possible,but try duplicating and reusing your slides wherever possible. Duplicate slides will help create familiarity within your presentation. If there’s a slide design template you’ve created that you genuinely enjoy, feel free to use it as much as possible.
ConclusionTry every slide design idea that comes to your mind. Check various slide design templates, experiment with color and formatting, add elements. The only limit to how good a slide design can be is your imagination. Good Luck with your slide designs!
- 6 Tips to Remember While Building a Language App
- Periwinkle Color: Meaning, Psychology, Hex Code, and Applications
- How to Use Google Sheets: A Complete Guide for Beginners
- Puma Logo Design- History & Story Behind The Puma Logo
- 7 Pipedrive Integrations to Boost Your Productivity
- Top 40 Mobile Business Ventures That Promise High Returns
- 8 Tips for a Successful Help Desk Software Implementation
- How AI-Powered Ticketing System Can Revolutionize Your IT Support
- Data Delusion? Why Attribution Might Be Leading You Astray (and How to Fix It)
- Choosing the Right Workflow Automation Solutions: Your Path to Efficiency