How to Make a Sports Website for Free in 3 Easy Steps?
To create your own sports team website, follow these steps:
Mention your business name
Select the name for your sports website to help your business stand out
Add desired features
Make an excellent sports website without any coding
Launch your website
Test and publish your sports website
What pages are essential for a sports website?
Last Updated on October 6th, 2020
There are many types of sports websites. Websites made for clubs, sports teams, individual sportsmen are some of them. However, all sports websites have a few common featured pages that are essential. They have been listed below.
A newsletter section or a dedicated feature page for the same is an absolute necessity for a sports website. The newsletter is to be used for regular updates and fresh news regarding the team/individual.
Social Multimedia pages
The main purpose of a sports website is to capture fans for the team/individual and catchy images, promotions and interactive videos help generate fan engagement on a massive scale.
Team Roster/Athlete Profiles
Detailed sections regarding the team roster and its important members are a good way to showcase transparency. This part also includes personal data on the athletes and their profiles.
A dedicated calendar to showcase upcoming games and events is one of the most important pages for a sports website.
This section is a replacement for the ‘about’ section of the website. More required for a club or a team, this section encloses the detailed history, vision and the inspiration behind a team. The better the team history, the more support a team generates.
No sports website is complete without a dedicated achievements page. An achievements page is required to showcase a team’s achievements and can impress potential fans and boost the confidence of existing ones.
Why you should use Appy Pie’s Website Builder for a Sport Website?
Appy Pie is made for everyone and even people who lack coding skills can make websites with our interactive and easy-to-use website builder.
Appy Pie websites are light and open fast ensuring a seamless user experience. Light and fast-opening websites are also SEO friendly making ranking in Google a piece of cake
Sports Based Templates
Find specialized templates for a sports website, which saves droves of time required for website designing. Minimize the time required for developing a website.
If something goes wrong, have immediate customer support in the form of tutorials, FAQs and guides.
Developing a website from scratch requires a dedicated team of developers and is often an expensive affair. With Appy Pie, a new website can be online within hours.
Websites made with Appy Pie are SEO friendly and make ranking in Google an easy affair.
Why you need to make a sports website?
A team/athlete is only as good as people’s perception of it. The team might have excellent players and excellent management but unless it has the support of its fans, the morale will always be low. Most sports teams are respected because of the perception of its fans rather than the achievements of said team.
A website helps a team control the narrative on the perception of people and a good website allows you to turn the audience into your fans. A website along with social media is an excellent way to generate hype for the team and allows fans to connect with fans more than other forms of media ever will.
From a business standpoint, a website can be used to sell authentic team related merchandise and tickets for upcoming games. It can also be used to generate crowdfunds for social causes which further helps perception for teams.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
Sports websites are the online platforms to help you stay updated with the upcoming events. They attract new players and help them contact you. These websites also help fans stay engaged and updated on the latest news.
Here is how you can create your own sports website for free –
- Go to appypie.com, select Website and click on Get Started or go to Appy Pie Website and click on Get Started
- Write the business name and click on Next
- Pick the category that best meets your business needs
- Choose a color scheme of your liking
- Click on Save & Continue
- If you own an Appy Pie account, login, else create an account
- Please wait while your website is getting ready. It is the mobile version of your sports website.
- Click on Preview Website
- On this page, you will get 2 options – ‘Back to My Website’ and ‘Configuration’
- Click on ‘Back to My Website’ and it will take you to My Websites page
- Click on the ‘View More’ tab next to your sports website name
- You will be taken to the Website Overview Page. Click on ‘Edit’
- You will be redirected to the design customization section. Here you can modify the visual appeal of your sports website and add your preferred features
- Click on Save & Continue
- Click on ‘Configuration’ to connect the website with the domain
- Buy a new domain or connect with your existing domain and make your sports website live in no time
Here are the top five sports websites.
- Yahoo! Sports
- NBC Sports
Here are the top three ways of earning money from a sports blog.
- Start directing Ads in your blog
- Use Affiliate Marketing
- Monetize your sports blog or website
With Appy Pie’s Sports Team Website Builder, you can create your Sports Website for free.