How to Create a Room Reservation App
The hospitality/travel industry is growing rapidly and propelled forward by people’s wants to travel across the globe. Room reservation apps help make the search for accommodation easier across the globe.
AirBnB took the world by storm when it was first introduced as a room reservation app. Room reservation apps are special apps that people can use for booking accommodation in hotels and homestays. Such apps are common all around the world. From home renting apps like AirBnB to hotel-booking apps like TripAdvisor, reservation apps are a major source of income for travel and hospitality-based industries.
It is estimated that nearly 222 million dollars are earned every year through online room reservation apps and platforms. In our guide today, we will learn more about room reservation apps, and how you can use no-code development platforms to create your own app for room reservations!
Table of Contents
The Rise of Room Reservation Apps
Tourism and hospitality are very important for the world economy. The hospitality industry has gained a new impetus with the rise of the internet. The rise of the Internet has made tourist destinations more accessible to everyone. Tourists often consult the internet before planning trips and tours.
However, one of the few challenges tourists have always faced is booking accommodation for their travels. Until the rise of room reservation apps, tourists had to go through many ordeals to try and find a place that fit their pockets and needs. Room reservation and hotel booking apps have helped alleviate the pain point by providing a quick, convenient, and cost-effective way to book hotel rooms.
The past decade has seen a historic rise in the number of room reservation apps around the world. The major players include AirBnB, Booking.com, Expedia, etc. Here are some statistics that encapsulate this rise in online reservations around the world.
What Business Needs Room Reservation Apps
The room reservation app business is a very competitive one. New competitors continue to try and make a niche for themselves within this market. With more tourists using the internet for their books, room reservation apps will continue to rise in importance. The market for online booking and reservation apps is comprised of three types of product owners:
- Travel Agencies:Online travel agencies are most likely to create & need room reservation apps for their business purposes. They have a tendency to provide booking and reservation as a service that is part of larger travel packages. Businesses such as Expedia and Travelocity created reservation apps to serve their customers.
- Hoteliers:Hoteliers for hotel chains create web and mobile applications for their businesses in particular. Hotel chains such as Marriot and ITC have independent mobile apps that also offer loyalty programs and online reservation services.
- Tech Entrepreneurs:Tech entrepreneurs have been responsible for some of the most unique room reservation apps within the market. However, most of them are metasearch engines that collect and catalog hotel rooms within their app. AirBnB, Hotels.com are reservation apps created by tech entrepreneurs.
The Benefits of Room Reservation Apps
Room reservation apps provide a lot of benefits to both the businesses creating them and the people using them. Here is how room reservation apps help the hospitality and tourism industry:
Benefits for Businesses:
- Simplifies and speeds up check-in services
- Increases user variety and user engagement
- Helps build brand recognition
- Creates new revenue streams
- Promotes customer loyalty
- Opens up new markets and avenues for business
- Supports other hospitality services such as concierge services, helper services, etc
Benefits for Users:
- Free-to-use and help users find the perfect place to stay
- Extremely convenient to use.
- Efficient and helps pre-plan journeys
- Extremely reliable source of information (thanks to reviews!)
- Discounts help in making more value-for-money for users
How to Create a Room Reservation App
Room reservation apps are not difficult to create. To understand how to create a room reservation and booking app, you must first study an already existing booking app, say, AirBnB or Expedia.
One common thing to note in almost every kind of reservation app is that users have a similar procedure to find and reserve a room. Most of them follow the steps given below:
- Search for their requirements
- Select an accommodation that meets their needs
- Reserve and pay for their accommodation
This three-step process is very simple and you can create a class-leading room reservation app with the help of a no-code development platform like Appy Pie AppMakr. Appy Pie AppMakr is an app building software that lets you create mobile apps without coding.
It provides users with a unique drag and drop interface that is intuitive to build an app on. AppMakr also simplifies app design with its template-based design interface. Select from over 200 features that Appy Pie provides and create your app within minutes! To make it even easier, Appy Pie AppMakr provides a unique room reservation app builder.
The builder configures a reservation app for you with all the important features. You can further add more features and configure the app as you wish. The reservation app builder is so advanced that you can even create an AirBnB clone with the tool.
Try it out today!
While the room reservation app is preconfigured to build the ideal room reservation app, it can be customized for your business as you please. You can even add other features such as loyalty programs and discount offers to your app and make it more appealing to users.
Your imagination is the limit when it comes to creating an online reservation app. Leave us your ideas for room reservation apps in the comments section below!