How To Create A Dropbox Link and Share a Dropbox Folder with Anyone?
Dropbox is one of the most popular cloud storage and file-sharing solutions for personal and business use. Sending files as attachments in emails can be a pain. One, the process itself is a hassle, then there is a size limit for the files you are sharing, and there is a limit to how many files you can share in one go.
On Dropbox, however, the entire process is super easy. You only need to create a sharing link that you can send to your colleagues, clients, or any other stakeholders who may need it. Once they click the link they will reach the appropriate file or folder on the cloud. The best part is that the link can easily be shared through any medium you sare comfortable with, e.g., instant messaging apps, social media, email, text, etc.
Another way to share files and folders efficiently is through workflow automation. Appy Pie Connect makes it possible for you to integrate Dropbox with any other useful app without coding or spending thousands of dollars.
How to Create a Dropbox Link?
It is possible to share any file size on your dropbox with anyone, irrespective of whether they have a Dropbox account or not. This is possible by creating a shared link. Anyone with this shared link will be able to view the file or folder and even download the files you want.
Let’s take a look at the process in detail.
How to create a link in the Dropbox browser?
- Sign in and go to All Files
- Hover on the file or folder name, to see the Share button appear.
- Once you click on the Share button you will see a dialog box appear. From here, you can choose to share the file via email or share a link. Click on the ‘Create link’ button.
How to create a link in the Dropbox desktop app?
- On your desktop’s menu bar, click on the Dropbox icon.
- Go to All Files.
- Now, hover over the desired file or folder, you will see the three dots appear.
- Click on the ‘Share’ button.
- Then, click on the ‘Create link’ button.
How to create a link in the Dropbox mobile app?
- Go to the menu and tap the ‘Files’ option.
- Now tap the three dots next to the file or folder you want to create the link for.
- Now tap share.
- Next, tap the ‘Create link’ button
How to Send or Share a Dropbox Link?
Once you have created the link by following the steps above, it is very easy to share this link with others. For cases where the Dropbox link is created on the browser or the desktop app, you only need to click on the ‘Copy link’ button.
Now you can simply paste the link on a document, email, or a messaging app, wherever you need to, when you need to.
In case you’re using the mobile app, on tapping ‘Create link’, Dropbox will ask you how you want to send the link. There will be all the sharing options through the apps already installed on your phone. Once you choose the app, Dropbox will paste the link automatically on it and you only need to press enter.
Why Consider Dropbox Integration?
- Seamless file sharing: Dropbox allows easy sharing of files and folders and integrations make it even easier to share files directly from other applications, eliminating the need to switch between different platforms or manually upload files. It not only saves time but also boosts the productivity of the team members by allowing them to focus on more valuable tasks.
- Centralized file management: Integrating Dropbox with other apps can provide a centralized location for storing and managing files. This can help in organizing and categorizing documents, making it easier to find and access files when needed. Businesses with large projects will benefit the most from such integrations as it helps them gather all the information in one place.
- Customized workflows: Dropbox integrations allow for the customization of workflows to suit specific business and individual needs. By integrating Dropbox with other applications, users can create automated processes, such as automatically backing up files, syncing data, or triggering actions based on specific events.
- Flexibility and scalability: Integrating Dropbox allows users to leverage its features and benefits within the context of other tools and platforms. As your business grows or your needs change, you can explore different integrations to expand Dropbox’s capabilities and adapt to evolving requirements.
Top Dropbox integrations
Dropbox is a brilliant cloud-storage and file sharing platform that makes communication and collaborative work a lot more efficient. Despite being such a powerful platform there would always be some unique functionality that you may require in special cases. This is where integrations with other apps using Appy Pie Connect becomes critical.
- Popular integrations between Dropbox and Evernote Business
- Create a note on Evernote Business whenever new files are added to a folder on Dropbox.
- Create a note on Evernote Business whenever a new folder is added on Dropbox.
- Generate a new text file from predefined plain text content whenever a new note is added on Evernote Business.
- Create a new text post on Tumblr whenever a new file is added to a specific folder on Dropbox.
- Create a new quote post on Tumblr whenever a new folder is added to Dropbox.
- Generate a new text file from predefined plain text content whenever a new post is added by someone you follow on Tumblr.
- Submit a new link post to a specified subreddit whenever a new file is added to a specific folder on Dropbox.
- Submit a new link post to a specified subreddit whenever a new folder is created on Dropbox.
- Add a new line to an existing text file on Dropbox whenever a new comment is created by a certain user on Reddit.
- Set up a campaign draft on MailChimp whenever a new file is added to a specific folder in Dropbox.
- Add a new note to an existing subscriber on MailChimp whenever a new file is added to a specific folder in Dropbox.
- Generate a brand new text file from predefined plain text content in Dropbox whenever a new campaign is created or sent.
- Create a new registrant for a webinar on GoToWebinar whenever a new file is added to specified folder in Dropbox.
- Create and schedule a new, single-session webinar on GoToWebinar whenever a new file is added to a specified folder in Dropbox.
- Generate a brand new folder at the specified path in Dropbox whenever you add a new upcoming webinar on GoToWebinar
- Generate a new folder at the specified path in Dropbox whenever a new order is created on Amazon Seller Central.
- Generate a new text file from predefined plain text content in Dropbox whenever a new order is created on Amazon Seller Central.
- Add a new line to an existing text file on Dropnbox whenever a new order is created on Amazon Seller Central.
This blog post shows you how easy it is to create a link for a Dropbox file and share it with anyone. Make your files and folders easy to share with others without worrying about adding multiple attachments to the same email or send multiple emails with heavy attachments that might take forever to send.
Another way to make the process even simpler is to use no-code workflow automation platform Appy Pie Connect to build meaningful integrations with other useful apps.
- Top 11 Microsoft Teams Integrations You Need To Try
- 25 Best Programming Languages for Mobile Apps & Top Mobile App Development Tools & Frameworks
- The Design Power and History of Fuchsia
- How to Become an NFT Creator – A Beginner’s Guide [2022 Edition]
- Inspirational Quotes to Get Through the Work Week
- How to Improve Your Java Skills? [A Beginner’s Guide]
- The Ultimate Event Planning Checklist [with A Concise Guide]
- 30+ Motivational and Inspirational Quotes for Students
- The Rise in Mobile Shopping (Podcast 101)
- 6 Tips to Remember While Building a Language App
Most Popular Posts
- Key Benefits of Using Posters for Advertising
By Abhinav Girdhar | October 7, 2020
- Discord Text Formatting Guide: Bold, Color, Italic, Strikethrough
By Snigdha | December 13, 2022
- How to Create the Perfect Website Footer?
By Abhinav Girdhar | May 30, 2020
- YouTube Channel Design
By Abhinav Girdhar | November 6, 2019
- Raksha Bandhan – The Most Divine And Pure Love Bond Between Brothers And Sisters
By Neeraj Shukla | August 2, 2022