What is eCommerce Automation and How it Works?
Table of Content
You keep your words and make your relationships better. The same is the case with eCommerce sellers. There is nothing worse for an online seller than screwing up an order. One bad experience can have you lose your customer forever. There could be any reason for an order not been delivered on time.
- Incorrect Data
- Unreliable Integration
- Slow Order Processing
In this post, we will help you learn what eCommerce automation is, what are its benefits, and how you can automate your eCommerce business with the most effective automation processes.
What is eCommerce Automation?eCommerce automation is a term used to describe the process of using software tools to help your eCommerce business complete various manual or repetitive tasks, rather than doing them all by yourself. Wondering what are these manual, repetitive tasks your employees can get tired of? Although some business aspects would still need human input, however, most of these can be simplified when automated. Here are a few examples.
- Lead Generation
- Inventory Management
- Internal Communication
- Strategy and Decision Making
- Customer Service
- Scheduled Product Releases
- Marketing and Communication System
How eCommerce Automation WorkseCommerce automation is handled by smart platforms that adjust to the inputs, actions, or feedback of website users. Artificial intelligence is the core of these actions. It mimics human thought processes and actions. Basic types of automation actions, as mentioned above, are taken care of by a simple AI that includes managing certain tasks like sending pre-set emails after a customer’s action. AI improves its own programming through machine learning. With Machine learning, AI becomes more efficient at delivering website visitors excellent user experience. For example, AI can enhance the search process in an online shopping platform. It can use the data entered by customers when they perform searches such as the product they click on and the keywords they enter. AI finds the products relevant to the keywords and moves them to the top search results. Also, you can customize your website with machine learning. You can study user behavior, their interactions, and show the recommended products when they visit the website. These AI functions help businesses improve their website usability and streamline their interactions with the customers.
Key Benefits of eCommerce AutomationHere are a few top benefits of eCommerce automation.
- Manual Data Entry Not Required
- Keep Your Promises to Customers
- Enhance the Product Information
- Work on More Complex Issues
- Consistency and Accuracy
With automation, businesses no longer need to continue doing manual data entry. Automation reduces the requirement of manpower and there are no separate teams required to data entry. By automating, the data entry time will be cut down and your employees will be free to work on more important issues.
With automation, you can keep the promises that you make with your customers. The promise that they will get the delivery on time, that they will get the notifications email, that they will get the discount offer, etc. With eCommerce automation, you process accurate data between systems. With everything right at its place, you can keep your word of one-day shipping or delivery on time.
Other than the inventory and order data, automation helps you enhance your product information management. It makes sure that the online shoppers who rely on your listings get the right product information. With automation, you can accurately describe your products and assure users that they are buying the product they want.
Automation helps you reduce manual efforts and save time. It helps businesses consider intricate business processes like multi-location fulfillment, manage returns, display on-hand inventory, and much more. It enables you to extend your capabilities of improving customer service and function better as a business.
As automation is done through computers so you can make sure that it will be handled consistently and appropriately. With automation, you just need to schedule the tasks, and software takes care of the rest.
How You Can Automate Your Ecommerce Business?Here are a few eCommerce-automation processes that can make your business simple and run smoothly. Check out what all work for you.
- Sending Email Notifications
- New product launch
- Birthday Wishes
- Order Confirmation
- Orders Packed or Shipped
- Order Delivery Dates
- Requested Item back in Stock
- Updating Inventory in Real-time
- Tag the inventory if you are low or out of stock on a certain product.
- Remove the product from the list if you are out of stock.
- Notify customers if you are low on any product and ask them to actively express if they are interested in purchasing the one when restocks.
- Detecting Frauds
- Personalizing the Customer Experience
- Offering Targeted Incentives
- Processing Customer Reviews
- Providing Discount Offers
You can automate the process of sending email notifications to the users at certain stages of their orders or for the product updates. For example, you can send them emails for-
You must keep your inventory up to date. You can automate the inventory check process to avoid over-stocking or deficiencies. Here is what you can do with the automation.
Automation can also help you stay safe from fraudulent orders. Just tag the red flags that differentiate the fraudulent order from a legitimate one. You can create a tagging system to monitor high-risk orders. You can mark the orders for review and then cancel them if required.
With automation, you can keep a check on what customer is clicking on, what they are buying, and understand their needs. Create a few customer-base segments like purchase history, buying behavior, etc. Tag your customers and their details to these groups.
With targeted incentives, you can let your customers know that you care about them. Ask them to enter their birthday while creating their accounts on your website. Automate the process for the customers to get discount offers or tokens on their birthdays.
You must consider customer feedback. You can minimize the impact of customers’ unhappiness by dealing with the low rating review smartly. With automation, try creating a rating system trigger for negative feedback or low rating. Anything below 3 out of 5 could be a matter of concern. When the rating is low, create a ticket automatically and get the customer’s issue reviewed.
Watch the video to know how you can improve and manage the reviews on your product page listing.(Above video is a part of a more elaborate course on Academy by Appy Pie. To access the complete course, please Click Here, or continue reading below.)
Various discount codes come up with certain conditions. You can apply your conditions in the system and automate the process. For example, buy two get one for free or giving shipping free when customers increase their purchase value.
Top eCommerce Integrations via Appy Pie Connect
- Shopify: Connect your Shopify store with other apps to automate various tasks such as order management, inventory synchronization, customer support, and marketing.
- WooCommerce: Integrate your WooCommerce store with other applications to automate processes like order fulfillment, inventory management, email marketing, and customer support.
- Magento: Sync your Magento store with other apps to automate tasks such as order processing, inventory management, customer data synchronization, and marketing campaigns.
- BigCommerce: Connect your BigCommerce store with other applications to streamline tasks such as order management, inventory synchronization, email marketing, and customer relationship management (CRM).
- Amazon Seller Central: Integrate Amazon Seller Central with other apps to automate processes such as inventory management, order processing, shipping, and tracking.
- eBay: Connect your eBay store with other applications to automate tasks such as order management, inventory synchronization, and shipping updates.
- PayPal: Integrate PayPal with other apps to automate tasks like payment processing, order tracking, and invoice generation.
- Stripe: Connect Stripe with other applications to automate processes such as payment processing, subscription management, and financial reporting.
- QuickBooks: Sync QuickBooks with other apps to automate accounting tasks, such as invoicing, expense tracking, and financial reporting.
- Mailchimp: Integrate Mailchimp with your ecommerce platform to automate email marketing campaigns, customer segmentation, and list management.
Final ThoughtsThat was all about eCommerce automation. I hope the process is clear to you now. If you want to automate your eCommerce store Appy Pie Connect can help you. Appy Pie Connect aims at helping businesses of all sizes, from SMBs to big multi-national corporations to automate their tedious day-to-day tasks in just a few minutes. Try Appy Pie Connect today to smoothen up your app integration and eCommerce automation processes! Before we end, if you are planning to start an eCommerce business, visit Appy Pie Academy and go through the course - How To Start An Ecommerce Business: Amazon, Ads & SEO for Free.
CitationseCommerce Automation Processes - Tallyfy Benefits - Impresee, 3d Cart
- Mastering Customer Relations With AI Chatbots And CRM Software: Strategies And Benefits
- How to Generate More Leads for Your Construction Company
- Addressing Overfitting and Underfitting in LLM Training
- What is Application Integration and How does it Work?
- How to Conquer Challenges in Fine-Tuning Large Language Models?
- AI and Robotics: Key Differences, Applications and Advantages
- The Top 7 Newsletter Platforms in 2023: Elevate Your Email Marketing
- How to Make a Mobile App for Your Store, No Coding Required
- Top 10 WordPress Integrations to Increase Productivity
- What is a Chatbot and How Does it Work?
Take a Related Course
- Start learning for free
(No credit card required)