Top Online Conferences in 2020 for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
Attending conferences or events is important for small businesses, not only to understand the trends, but also to build a stronger network. Networking is of particular importance for entrepreneurs, startups, small businesses, and the big fish alike.
Table of Content
This year, however, as the full impact of COVID-19 is still unfurling, many international conferences and events have decided to go take the conference online.
In this post, we are going to talk about online video conferences and offer you a mini guide to virtual events in 2020.
As we collectively stay inside, web-based video conferencing has gained critical importance to run a business smoothly. Online video meetings have proved to be a big help for organizations. In fact, it has even led to the birth of some brilliant virtual event ideas to replace many big offline events this year.
Let’s take a look at the top ones scheduled this year.
- SaaStr Annual @Home 2020
A great event for those who want to learn how to scale up
Dates: September 2-3, 2020
Cost: Starts at $329 + Taxes
No one knows it better than technology entrepreneurs that even if you have the best products, it can be pretty tough to hit the market. SaaStr annual gives you the opportunity to learn to scale software-as-a-service company from experts who went through the same process and faced similar challenges.
The event this year would be a gathering of more than 50,000 SaaS executives, founders, and VCs.
Here are the main attractions of SaaStr Annual @Home 2020
- 2 days of focused actionable advice and learning for businesses to scale faster.
- More than 100 of top-notch sponsors from around the world.
- More than 1000 VCs and an entire day where the VCs will pitch.
- More than 250 speakers from the top SaaS companies from all over the world.
- More than 5000 Braindates, AMAs, mentoring sessions, and one-on-ones.
Content Marketing World Conference and Expo
An opportunity to learn from the best in the content marketing world
Dates: October 13-16, 2020
Cost: Starts at $699
Among the big international conferences going online, is also one of the largest content marketing events – Content marketing World Conference and Expo. They decided to go virtual this year as COVID-19 has restricted everyone to their homes. The speakers at the event will be equipping you with all the information you need to develop a content marketing strategy that will not only help you expand your business, but also your audience.
Here are the main attractions of Content Marketing World Conference and Expo this year:
- The expected number of attendees is more than 4000.
- More than 225 speakers comprising of the top leaders and thought leaders in the content marketing industry.
- More than 550 companies from a wide range of niches.
- More than 123 hours of keynotes, engaging sessions, opportunities for networking and entertainment.
Small Business Expo
The biggest virtual business networking & learning event for small businesses in America
Dates: Multiple events with the next national event scheduled on August 4-5, 2020
Cost: Free (For attendees) and starts at $699 + taxes for exhibitors
This is the first and one of its kind national virtual small business expo and is a great event for entrepreneurs, business owners, start-ups, thought leaders, decision makers, or any other employees who work for small businesses. It is a great event even for those who are still toying with the idea of starting a small business.
The best part – this is a free web conferencing event to attend where you can network with small businesses, be a part of free online video conferences, find new vendors, forge new business-relations, exchange ideas, and gain knowledge from the experts in your industry.
Here are the biggest attractions of the upcoming event from the Small Business Expo:
- FREE to attend, making it a great option for attendees and exhibitors alike.
- Virtual webinars from industry experts.
- Keynote speeches that are laden with actionable advice for businesses.
- Find new vendors in the virtual exhibitor hall to get the best deals on a variety of products and services.
- 29 major shows all over America.
Digital Summit Minneapolis
An interactive online video meeting of the marketing community that has moved online this year
Dates: August 11-13, 2020
Cost: Starts at $175
This online event is about delivering a highly interactive experience with ample learning opportunities and avenues to network right from your home! The best-selling author and marketing guru – Seth Godin, is one of the biggest attractions of the event and he is just one of the numerous illustrious speakers scheduled to speak at the online event.
Here are the biggest attractions of Digital Summit Minneapolis this year
- Illustrious speakers like Seth Godin, Megan Toth, Stephanie Eaddy, Ty Heath and many more.
- More than 30 business critical digital marketing sessions.
- Get answers to your questions from industry leaders.
- Interactive virtual networking area and a vendor gallery.
- The session recordings would be available for the attendees even after the event is over.
Growth Marketing Summit
An international conference about digital growth and optimization
Dates: September 1, 2020
Cost: Starts at €799
The online web conference offers applicable knowledge for business growth. The platform brings together optimizers from all over the world in one shared space where they can discuss pertinent topics which drive the digital world. This online conference provides you with a great opportunity to learn from international speakers who would be delivering talks.
The growth marketing summit is beyond mere conversion lifts and would be focusing on a data-driven, customer-oriented and agile approach to grow in a sustainable manner.
Here are the biggest attractions at the virtual Growth Marketing Summit this year:
- Speakers like Simon Dahla, Joost De Schepper, Erin Weigl and more!.
- Interactive sessions to facilitate networking within the optimizer community.
- Unrestricted access to all recordings post-event as well.
- Exclusive sneak peek of Growth Marketing Summit talks for the next year.
- 12 TED-Style talks from speakers you would not want to miss.
Reuters Events: Strategic Marketing USA
This free online conference sets benchmarks, showcases innovation, and maps the future of marketing
Dates: November 5-6, 2020
Strategic Marketing USA aims to unite the world’s most influential CMOs to create a future for marketing where the brands would be purpose-driven, all the marketing campaigns would be driven by data and growth would be driven by innovation.
Here are the biggest attractions for Strategic Marketing USA – one of the most awaited free online events:
- Top CMOs will share their strategy and trends for the post-pandemic world.
- Events about understanding customer insights and the evolved customer behavior.
- Learn to create agile content and cut through the noise with creativity that has a meaningful impact.
- Understand the emerging importance of digital marketing, social media influencers, and video content.
- More than 40 illustrious industry experts invited as speakers.
- More than 25 online sessions that highly interactive with real-time comments.
- Q&A sessions for in-depth answers in real-time.
- Virtual exhibition to explore innovative solution providers.
This online event is a platform that brings together people and companies that redefine the global tech industry.
Dates: December 2-4, 2020
Cost: Starts at €99
Deemed by Forbes as the best technology conference on the planet, the Web Summit is the best web conferencing platform where experts from every industry come together to share their ideas with other people in their industry, forge businesses partnerships, and seek guidance from those who have made it!
The online event is also a great avenue for lead generation, with thousands of tech pioneers logged onto a common platform who are only one message away from you! Additionally, the platform offers great learning opportunities to upskill.
Here are the biggest attractions of the Web Summit this year:
- More than 2,500 startup participants.
- More than 150 countries to target.
- More than 800 illustrious speakers you can listen to.
- More than 1,500 investors you can pitch.
- More than 100,000 attendees to reach out and network with.
- More than 2,000 journalists to cover the event.
Taking a leaf from the examples of these massive international conferences turning online, it is a good idea to consider doing that at smaller levels as well.
As the budgets are stringent, and COVID-19 has limited travel and overall movement, it is important that businesses look at free web meeting or free web conferencing tools. Not only should you explore online conference tools and web conferencing systems to create a video conferencing app of your own, you can also leverage this time and think about moving your events online.