How to recall an email in Outlook? [Unsend emails in Outlook]
How many times have you hit the send button on your email and regretted it immediately? It could be because you got carried away and used unprofessional language, because you forgot to attach a file, or because you needed to mark another recipient in the mail. Whatever the reason may be, if you have ever wondered how do I recall an email in Outlook, this is the right place for you.
Recalling or replacing an email is one of the best advancements in the digital emailing space. And Microsoft Outlook offers this feature through a well placed recall feature with a time limit of 120 minutes.
The recall feature in Microsoft Outlook lets you unsend an email and delete it from the recipient’s inbox. You can also replace the recalled email with corrections or tweaks where needed. This takes care of missed attachments and incorrect facts, or the unprofessional tone of the email.
Microsoft Outlook is a reasonably powerful platform with some of the most brilliant features you would look forward to in an emailing service. However, if you still feel that you need specific functionality that the platform does not have or want to integrate with other apps you use at work, choose to use Appy Pie Connect – the leading no-code workflow automation platform.
How to recall an email in outlook?
- Launch your Outlook and click on the “Sent Items” folder in the navigation panel.li
- Double click and open the message that you want to unsend or recall.
- In the email message window, click on the “Message” tab.
- Select the “Actions” drop down menu under the Move group.
- Here, select “Recall This Message” and check the option “Delete Unread Copies of This Message.”
- In case you want to receive information about the results of your attempt, check the box against “Tell Me if Recall Succeeds or Fails for Each Recipient,” and then click OK.
How to replace an email in Outlook?
- Start your Outlook and go to the “Sent Items” tab through your side navigation panel.
- Choose the message you want to replace and double-click on it to open it.
- Click on the “Message” section in the email message window.
- Go to the Move group of options and click on the “Actions” drop down menu.
- Now, select the “Recall This Message” and choose the “Delete Unread Copies and Replace With a New Message” option.
- Select the “Tell Me if Recall Succeeds or Fails for Each Recipient” to receive notifications about the result of your replacement attempt.
- Make the changes that you want to make to your email, and then click “OK.”
Requirements for recalling an email message on Outlook
One thing to note here is that the message recall feature will only work for your Outlook if you and the recipient use a Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Exchange email account in the same organization. Hence, if the email was sent to someone who uses Gmail, Rediffmail, or Hotmail, you will not be able to recall or replace the emails.
Another point to remember is that if you have a MAPI or POP account, the recall feature won’t work.
Listed below is a list of requirements for the recall or replace email feature to work for your Outlook email.
- You and the recipient need to have an Exchange server email account and must be using Outlook as the email client.
- The recipient’s inbox must be open when you are attempting the email recall.
- The original email must still be unread and should already be in the recipient’s Inbox.
- No rule, spam filter, or any add-on changed the message in the recipient’s inbox.
Top Microsoft Outlook Integrations with Appy Pie Connect
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most widely used email services by enterprises and small-scale organizations. Though the platform has some of the most unique and useful features, there is still scope to improve the overall functionality of the platform by integrating it with other popular apps on Appy Pie Connect.
- Popular Microsoft Outlook and Notion integrations
- Add a new contact to your Outlook whenever a new item is created in a Notion database.
- Add an item to a Notion database whenever a new contact is added to your Outlook.
- Update a Notion database item whenever a new email is received on your Outlook.
- Create a new employee on BambooHR whenever a new contact is added to your Outlook.
- Respond to a time off request on BambooHR whenever a new email is received on your Microsoft Outlook.
- Add a new contact to your Outlook account whenever a new employee is created on BambooHR.
- Add a new contact to your Microsoft Outlook account whenever a new response row is added on Google Forms.
- Create a new response/entry on Google Forms whenever a new email is received on your Outlook email account.
- Send an email from your Outlook account whenever a new response row is added to Google Forms.
- Create a task on Tick Tick whenever an event is added to your Outlook account.
- Create a task on Tick Tick whenever a new contact is added to your Outlook account.
- Create a task on Tick Tick whenever an event is updated on your Outlook account.
- Update an existing data source in Tableau whenever an event is added to your Outlook account.
- Create an event directly on your designated calendar whenever a new project is added on Tableau.
- Send an email from your Outlook account whenever an existing data source is updated on Tableau.
Now that you know how easy it is to recall or replace your Outlook emails, you can relax a little without worrying about a minor error causing you embarrassment. We have also talked about boosting the potential of Microsoft Outlook by integrating it with other popular apps using Appy Pie Connect.
- A Beginners Guide to Answer Bot Automation
- 10 Best Evernote Integrations For Collaborative Note-Taking
- YouTube Channel Design
- 5 Restaurant Branding Tips to Create a Unique Brand Identity
- Watch Out For These E-commerce Trends In 2018
- Working with Files on iOS with Swift
- The Rise in Mobile Shopping (Podcast 101)
- Appy Pie’s Ultimate Guide to Retargeting Ads
- Why App Architecture is Important
- How To: Pass Data Between View Controllers in Swift
Most Popular Posts
- Web Research for Beginners: How to find the details of a business and its owner?
By Abhinav Girdhar | January 20, 2020
- What to do When Your MacBook Breaks Down on a Tropical Island (2014)
By Abhinav Girdhar | January 5, 2022
- How I Built A Wolfenstein 3D Mod (2006)
By Aasif Khan | December 30, 2021
- Best Age Calculator Apps for Android & iOS
By Snigdha | September 28, 2022
- How to Create a Music App like Soundcloud?
By Snigdha | September 19, 2022