Knowledge is Power, Sharing it makes your teams Powerful
Building and promoting your Help Portal is now as easy as pie
CREATE HELP ARTICLES
Not every issue needs the undivided attention of a live agent. By creating a repository of articles and FAQs with our Knowledge Base software, your customers can find answers to all their questions without waiting for an agent.Let’s Get Started
SEO - FRIENDLY CONTENT
Use this unique knowledge management software to easily customize your help articles for search engines & social media to help it rank high & get greater visibility. It’s a powerful knowledge base tool that lets users quickly browse through related articles in your knowledge base.Let’s Get Started
UNDERSTAND YOUR CUSTOMERS BETTER
Receive feedback from your customers in the form of votes and comments on all your help articles. Update your content regularly using the most powerful knowledge management system software and keep your customers informed and satisfied.Let’s Get Started
Help Portal Customization
Use our one of a kind knowledge management software and customize your knowledge base with your brand colors, logo, header images, links, and dozens of other options.Let’s Get Started
Other Top Features of Appy Pie knowledge
SECURE ACCESSSpecify user criteria for a knowledge base to control which users read and contribute content to your knowledge base. You can make provisions for users to Sign Up for special or premium access to your Help Portal.
ADD SOCIAL MEDIA & FOOTER LINKSWith Appy Pie knowledge base tool, you can add social media links and other links that are important to your business in the footer area of your knowledge base.
INSTANT PREVIEWSWith our robust knowledge base software, you can view exactly what your articles will look like, for your customers before you publish them.
SAVE YOUR WORK FOR LATEROur knowledge management software enables you to quickly save your content as a draft and add, edit or publish it as per your schedule.
HIERARCHICAL APPROACHCreate and maintain hierarchical structures for displaying your content under various themes & writing genres to keep your knowledge base & Help Portal organized.
Install the Perfect Solution
For your Organization now
REDUCE THE INCOMING CUSTOMER QUERIES
Enabling self-help with a knowledge base software ensures that your customers can search for and solve most of their issues and get answers to the most frequently asked questions on their own. This reduces the number of tickets that the agents have to deal with.Let’s Get Started
INCREASE AGENT EFFICIENCY
With a customer Help Portal built using Appy Pie knowledge management software, the repetitive queries will be handled by the comprehensive articles added to the knowledge base. This means that your agents will be able to focus better on the more complex and tough tickets that need hands-on help.Let’s Get Started
Reduce customer frustration
Instead of waiting for an agent's answer, the self-service portal built on strong knowledge management software ensures that the customers are provided with the right solutions the moment they ask a question, reducing the overall wait time.Let’s Get Started
Appy Pie’s Knowledge Base Software
Helps you build the best Knowledge Base for happy & satisfied customers
Are you tired of answering the same customer questions again and again on chat? Have you been answering some repetitive customer queries on email? Do you want to set up an effective knowledge management system to help your customers find answers to their problems at their convenience? If yes, then creating a knowledge base is essential for you. If implemented strategically, a rich knowledge base can help you improve your customer service while freeing up your agents’ time to work on complex customer issues.
Appy Pie’s knowledge base software allows you to set up a robust knowledge base system where you can add a library of information about a product, service, department, and other subjects related to your business. For example, let’s say you’re an online retailer selling jewelry for women. You are bound to get multiple queries frequently from your customers regarding metal or material, size, color, shipping cost, delivery time, and so on. Instead of answering all these generic questions repeatedly, you can create an online knowledge base using Appy Pie’s knowledge management software and host them on your website. This way, your customers can get the answers to those frequently asked questions in one place with ease.
Appy Pie’s knowledge base management software allows you to document tutorials, DIY guides, and answers to frequently asked questions in one place. It also allows you to organize your content in a structured hierarchy so that it's easy for customers to find what they’re looking for. You can add an unlimited number of sections under a category. Equipped with a powerful search engine, Appy Pie’s knowledge base solutions enable you to spend less time hunting down answers to questions they may have about your products or services.
With easy content creation, organization, and a powerful search engine, our well-designed knowledge management tool not only helps you answer customer questions but can also act as an internal repository that can be used by your internal support department for onboarding, training and other purposes. Along with that, using our knowledge management software, you can cut down on your expenses for maintaining the customer support department while increasing customer satisfaction exponentially.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
Appy Pie Knowledge helps you to set up an online Knowledge Base for your customers. You can create articles and additional information that would act as a repository for self-service for your end-users.
- Go to Knowledge Base
- Click on ‘New Article’ button
- A dropdown will open. Click on Create New Category for creating the category. This would enable you to categorize your Knowledge Base for easy access
- Once the Category is created, you need to create Folder. Click on ‘Create Folder’ to continue
- Once the Folder is created, you can add the articles and set up your own Knowledge Base system.
- Follow the steps below to easily create an article –
- Click on ‘New Article’ button
- A window on the right side will open. Enter all the details related to the article
- Once done, click on ‘Publish the Article’ to publish it. However, if you want, you can also save it as a draft for future review
- A unique URL/permalink will be generated for this article based on its title, related category, and folder. To view this article on the Help Portal, click on the Preview button or click on the Permalink icon.
While creating or editing an article, you can add or change the below things:
- Article Name - This name will be displayed to your customers. It is recommended to keep it simple and common
- Article Description - Enter the answer to your FAQ or write a detailed description. You can also include screenshots, web-links, tables etc., here
On clicking the Next Button, the Article Properties section opens on the right-side panel.
- Pin Article - If article is pinned, then it would show on the top in the article listing
- Category & Folder Name - Select category and folder in which you want the article to appear
- Visible to: Set visibility access on the article for different types of users l
- Advanced Settings
- SEO Meta Title - (recommended 50-60 characters)
- Meta Keywords - (recommended 5-8)
- Description - (recommended 150-160 characters)
- Labels: Attach labels to articles for easy searching
- Other Conditions - Three checkboxes asking to allow commenting, sharing and voting on articles
Other action buttons in the article window:
- Preview Button - Launches the Customer portal link to show how the article would appear in the real help portal
- Save as Draft Button - Saves the current article as draft and shows a success toast
- Publish Button: Publishes the article, making it visible to your customers. You will also receive an email on your registered email address once the article is published successfully
In the beta-version, there is no separate section for analytics and reporting. However, we have provided the below parameters to track the performance of your published articles within your audience:
- Article Views - Shows the total number of views (not unique views) depicting the popularity of an article
- Article comments - Shows the total number and details of the comments posted by users
- Articles votes - Shows the total number of upvotes and downvotes given by the users
Follow the steps below to easily apply new themes to your help portal –
- Click on the Settings icon present on the left side panel
- Select Help Portal. You will be redirected to a new screen
- Here, select the third tab - Customization
- Select your desired theme in the first tab and save changes. You can also check the preview of the new theme by clicking on the Preview button
Follow the steps below to easily set up your Help Portal:During Sign Up:
- Enter your organization name. This helps us define a unique URL for your organization and your customers
- Select Theme color for your Help Portal
Once done, a basic Help Portal is ready, and you can start adding articles to your Help Portal.To further customize and build your Help Portal, click on the Settings icon present on the left side panel and select Help Portal:
- General Settings
- Help Portal Title - Same as your organization name
- Description - Describes what your Help Portal will provide, like examples, answers to FAQs and new releases
- Upload Logo - Gives a personal touch to your Knowledge Base
- Advanced Setting
- Header Link - Shows the URL of your Help Portal - Knowledge Base section. If you want you can change it as per your needs in the Header section
- Social Media Links - Include your social media links to help customers connect with you better
- About Us section - Add information about your organization to help your customers understand you better
- Theme color – Allows you to change/modify the theme color of your help portal
- Text color – Allows you to change the default text color
- Font Style: Allows you to change the font style
- Header Image: The top section of your help portal can also be an image depicting your organization’s purpose. You can upload your desired image from here
- Enable Breadcrumbs: For better navigation on your help portal
- Enable Login/Sign Up & Captcha – to ensure a secure user pool on your help portal
- Enable Search: This will allow your customers to search for specific issues and queries
- Knowledge base indexing: If you uncheck this, it will disable Google crawlers to read your web pages
- Actions and accessibility checks: Who can comment, like, share and view the content
Appy Pie Knowledge allows you to organize your articles in the following structure: Category > Folders > Articles. That is, there is a three-level hierarchy. For adding the articles, there needs to be a category and an associated folder within that category.