Knowledge is Power, Sharing it makes your teams Powerful
Building and promoting your Help Portal is now as easy as pie
CREATE HELP ARTICLES
Not every issue needs the undivided attention of a live agent. By creating a repository of articles and FAQs with our Knowledge Base software, your customer can find answers of all their questions without waiting for an agent.Let’s Get Started
SEO - FRIENDLY CONTENT
Use this unique knowledge management software to easily customize your help articles for search engines & social media to help it rank high & get greater visibility. It’s a powerful knowledge base tool that lets users quickly browse through related articles in your knowledge base system.Let’s Get Started
UNDERSTAND YOUR CUSTOMERS BETTER
Receive feedback from your customers in the form of votes and comments on all your help articles. Update your content regularly using our one-of-kind knowledge database software and keep your customers informed and satisfied.Let’s Get Started
Help Portal Customization
Use our robust knowledge management software and customize your knowledge base system with your brand colors, logo, header images, links, domain, and dozens of other options.Let’s Get Started
Other Top Features of Appy Pie knowledge
Set up a custom domain for your knowledge base system with the help of CNAME. Map your Help portal to your domain and make it a true extension of your organization and brand with the best knowledge management software.
Specify user criteria for a knowledge base to control which users read and contribute content to your knowledge base. You can make provisions for users to Sign Up for special or premium access to your help portal.
ADD SOCIAL MEDIA & FOOTER LINKS
With Appy Pie knowledge base tool, you can add social media links and other links that are important to your business in the footer area of your knowledge base.
With our robust knowledge base software, you can view exactly what your articles will look like, for your customers before you publish them.
SAVE FOR LATER
Our knowledge management software enables you to quickly save your content as a draft and add, edit or publish it as per your schedule.
Create and maintain hierarchical structures for displaying your content under various themes & writing genres to keep your knowledge base organized.
Install the Perfect Solution
For your Organization now
REDUCE THE INCOMING CUSTOMER QUERIES
Enabling self-help with a knowledge base software ensures that your customers can search for and solve most of their issues and get answers to the most frequently asked questions on their own. This reduces the number of tickets that the agents have to deal with.Let’s Get Started
INCREASE AGENT EFFICIENCY
With a customer help portal built using Appy Pie’s knowledge management software, the repetitive queries will be handled by the comprehensive articles added to the knowledge base. This means that your agents will be able to focus better on the more complex and tough tickets that need hands-on help.Let’s Get Started
Reduce customer frustration
Instead of waiting for an agent's answer, the self-service portal built on strong knowledge base software ensures that the customers are provided with the right solutions the moment they ask a question, reducing the overall wait time.Let’s Get Started
Appy Pie’s Knowledge Base Software
Helps you build the best Knowledge Base for happy & satisfied customers
Are you tired of answering the same customer questions again and again on chat? Have you been answering some repetitive customer queries on email? Do you want to set up an effective knowledge management system to help your customers find answers to their problems at their convenience? If yes, then creating a knowledge base is essential for you. If implemented strategically, a rich knowledge base system can help you improve your customer service while freeing up your agents’ time to work on complex customer issues.
Appy Pie’s knowledge base software allows you to set up a robust knowledge base system where you can add a library of information about a product, service, department, and other subjects related to your business. For example, let’s say you’re an online retailer selling jewelry for women. You are bound to get multiple queries frequently from your customers regarding metal or material, size, color, shipping cost, delivery time, and so on. Instead of answering all these generic questions repeatedly, you can create an online knowledge base using Appy Pie’s knowledge base software and host them on your website. This way, your customers can get the answers to those frequently asked questions in one place with ease.
Appy Pie’s knowledge base management software allows you to document tutorials, DIY guides, and answers to frequently asked questions in one place. It also allows you to organize your content in a structured hierarchy so that it's easy for customers to find what they’re looking for. You can add an unlimited number of sections under a category. Equipped with a powerful search engine, Appy Pie’s knowledge base solutions enable you to spend less time hunting down answers to questions they may have about your products or services.
With easy content creation, organization, and a powerful search engine, our well-designed knowledge management tool not only helps you answer customer questions but can also act as an internal repository that can be used by your internal support department for onboarding, training and other purposes. Along with that, using our knowledge base software, you can cut down on your expenses for maintaining the customer support department while increasing customer satisfaction exponentially.
Appy Pie’s best knowledge base software system helps businesses create both external and internal knowledge bases to serve different purposes.
For example, a firm creating two knowledge base software-
- As a customer-facing knowledge base software
- For the employees to learn work-related tools and understand the company product and policies.
With the best knowledge management system software, you can create and maintain the free knowledge base software. You can use this free online knowledge base software not just for your customers but help you serve anyone interested in your brand or products.
Appy Pie’s Knowledge base Management System Software helps you create the best free online knowledge base tools that are-
- Detailed Virtual and textual guides
- Quick to Answer
The clear-cut layout of this excellent knowledge management system software helps you create the best knowledge database software where you can find featured articles, FAQs, and appropriate data simple and quick.
You just need to categorize your best free knowledge base software based on your user preferences, whether it is for your customers or employees. With different categories, it will be easier for you to access the relevant data and information. Some of the internal knowledge base system resources are product-based documents, user guides, community discussions, and much more. Appy Pie’s knowledge database software allows you to create different categories of the questions and answers in your knowledge database software as per your product names and types.
Creating a knowledge base open-source software using Appy Pie’s Knowledge management system software is a piece of the pie. You can create this knowledge base open-source software without using any code. No technical or programming knowledge is required to create this amazing knowledge base tool. It is an excellent tool for beginners. For example, someone who owns a small business and is running short of funds can create a free online knowledge base software in just a few clicks with Appy Pie.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
- Go to Knowledge Base
- Click on ‘New Article’ button
- A dropdown will open. Click on Create New Category for creating the category. This would enable you to categorize your Knowledge Base system for easy access
- Once the Category is created, you need to create Folder. Click on ‘Create Folder’ to continue
- Once the Folder is created, you can add the articles and set up your own knowledge Base system.
- Follow the steps below to easily create an article –
- Click on ‘New Article’ button
- A window on the right side will open. Enter all the details related to the article
- Once done, click on ‘Publish the Article’ to publish it on your knowledge base system. However, if you want, you can also save it as a draft for future review
- A unique URL/permalink will be generated for this article based on its title, related category, and folder. To view this article on the Help Portal, click on the Preview button or click on the Permalink icon.
- Article Name - This name will be displayed to your customers. It is recommended to keep it simple and common
- Article Description - Enter the answer to your FAQ or write a detailed description. You can also include screenshots, web-links, tables etc., here
- Pin Article - If article is pinned, then it would show on the top in the article listing
- Category & Folder Name - Select category and folder in which you want the article to appear
- Visible to: Set visibility access on the article for different types of users l
- SEO Meta Title - (recommended 50-60 characters)
- Meta Keywords - (recommended 5-8)
- Description - (recommended 150-160 characters)
- Labels: Attach labels to articles for easy searching
- Other Conditions - Three checkboxes asking to allow commenting, sharing and voting on articles
- Preview Button - Launches the Customer portal link to show how the article would appear in the real help portal
- Save as Draft Button - Saves the current article as draft and shows a success toast
- Publish Button: Publishes the article, making it visible to your customers. You will also receive an email on your registered email address once the article is published successfully
- Article Views - Shows the total number of views (not unique views) depicting the popularity of an article
- Article comments - Shows the total number and details of the comments posted by users
- Articles votes - Shows the total number of upvotes and downvotes given by the users
- Click on the Settings icon present on the left side panel
- Select Help Portal. You will be redirected to a new screen
- Here, select the third tab - Customization
- Select your desired theme in the first tab and save changes. You can also check the preview of the new theme by clicking on the Preview button
- Enter your organization name. This helps us define a unique URL for your organization and your customers
- Select Theme color for your Help Portal
- Help Portal Title - Same as your organization name
- Description - Describes what your Help Portal will provide, like examples, answers to FAQs and new releases
- Upload Logo - Gives a personal touch to your Knowledge Base
- Header Link - Shows the URL of your Help Portal - Knowledge Base section. If you want you can change it as per your needs in the Header section
- Social Media Links - Include your social media links to help customers connect with you better
- About Us section - Add information about your organization to help your customers understand you better
- Theme color – Allows you to change/modify the theme color of your help portal
- Text color – Allows you to change the default text color
- Font Style: Allows you to change the font style
- Header Image: The top section of your help portal can also be an image depicting your organization’s purpose. You can upload your desired image from here
- Enable Breadcrumbs: For better navigation on your help portal
- Enable Login/Sign Up & Captcha – to ensure a secure user pool on your help portal
- Enable Search: This will allow your customers to search for specific issues and queries
- Knowledge base indexing: If you uncheck this, it will disable Google crawlers to read your web pages
- Actions and accessibility checks: Who can comment, like, share and view the content