Why Was YouTube Created? How to Increase Your YouTube Views and Make Money?
YouTube was created with the idea of creating a video sharing website, and the idea was conceived when the founders Steve Chen, Jawed Karim, and Chad Hurley had trouble sharing videos taken at a dinner party with friends.
YouTube was born as a video dating site in the year 2005 before it evolved to what it is today. Its users can share many different kinds of videos such as educational videos, animated videos, event videos, do-it-yourself videos, home decoration videos, original music videos and also original short films. You just need to make sure that you own rights to use visuals, images and text created by you.
YouTube now has over 1.9 billion users worldwide. Over 79 percent of Internet users have their own YouTube account. You can navigate YouTube in 80 different languages. Alexa has ranked YouTube as the third most visited website on the Internet after Google and Facebook.
YouTube users can upload to about 15-minute long videos if they have an account. YouTube can help you grow your business and help you build your brand identity.
Now that you know why YouTube was created, it is time to learn how to increase your views on YouTube and how to earn money from YouTube.
How to increase your views on YouTube?
- Be unique, create meaningful content for people. Remember to make videos no one else is making.
- Ensure all the YouTube basics are up to the mark like consistent identity, up to date information.
- Focus on a specific niche, remember not to shift your niche as that end up making you misplace your identity and presence.
- Make it point to keep increasing your video search ranking by using relevant keyword sin you metadata.
- Add thumbnails to increase your views. Remember that your thumbnail should not be misleading, it should stand out and be in tandem with your video.
- Create playlists of your videos. Organizing your videos in playlists is the best way to get noticed.
- Create engaging videos as audience engagement will help you increase your subscribers. Some ideas of engaging videos are reaction videos or YouTube contests.
- Tie up with bigger brands. For instance, if you are posting recipe videos tie up with kitchenware brands and do not forget to give them credits.
- Ask viewers to subscribe to your YouTube channel as the more subscribers you have, the more views your videos are bound to get.
- Last but not the least, promote your channel across all social media. Linking your social media channels helps to increase your viewers.
How do you make money from YouTube?
Now that you know why was YouTube created, you should know that your channel can be monetized. YouTube is accessible and a lucrative way to make money. Uploading videos is simple and does not require technical knowledge. If you already have an online business, YouTube can add to your revenue. The points to be taken into consideration while planning to make YouTube a revenue generation platform have been listed below:
- Your channel on YouTube should be niche. The more niche your channel, the better position your brand will hold in the market.
- You should join the YouTube partner program and earn money from the ads played in you video.
- The numbers of views you get do not determine revenue generation on YouTube.
- You can sell products through your YouTube channel to make money.
- License your content in exchange of money.
- Work with influencers or affiliates.
- To earn money on YouTube, the user will need to apply for the YouTube Partner Program.