How to enable Touch ID on iPhone? Set Up fingerprint on iPhone, iPad
Touch ID is one of the safest ways to prevent your phone from being used by other people. Apple’s Touch ID ensures that this does not happen and your phone and the information in it is closely protected. Touch ID lets you access your Iphone/ Ipad through fingerprints exclusively. Touch ID must be manually enabled by the user of the phone.
Follow the steps given below to enable Touch ID in your Apple devices:
- Clean the fingers you will use for Touch ID
- Go To Settings---> Touch Id & Passcode
- The device will ask you for your fingerprint
- Add your fingerprint by touching the home button
- Once you hear a vibration, or when the device tells you to lift your finger
- Repeat until the device takes a complete fingerprint
- In the next screen, do the same while holding the phone how you normally would
- The device will then save your touch ID.
- Since you’re using touch ID, you will also have to set up locking through a passcode.
- Choose a 4-digit-passcode for your device
Things to remember while enabling Touch ID.
- Preferably use the thumb to register your Touch ID since it will be the most likely finger you will use to browse the phone.
- Make sure the device records every end of your fingerprint to ensure the phone unlocks even when fingerprint angles are offset.
- Make sure that the 4-digit-passcode you set is easy to remember and easy-to-use.
- The Touch ID can also be used to authorize App Store purchases.
- Never set a touch ID while fingers are wet or covered in dirt.
You can also refer to this video tutorial courtesy: Lynda.com