Configuring push credentials on the Messenger page allows users to receive notifications for the text messages on the Android app. Follow the steps below to obtain the push credential:
1. Go to Twilio. If you have a Twilio account, log in, else Signup.
2. Once you have logged in, click on the 3 dot icon in the navigation menu.
3. Under Communications Cloud, click on Programmable Chat.
4. Click on the + icon under Push Credentials to create new credentials.
5. A popup will open where you can enter the required details to create credentials.
6. Enter name and select FCM push credentials as the credential type from the dropdown menu.
7. Provide the FCM secret key. Once you have provided all the details, click on Create.
To obtain the FCM secret key, refer to : https://www.appypie.com/faqs/how-to-get-firebase-sender-id-and-server-key.
Note:Ensure to use the same Firebase Server key/FCM secret key in the Settings section of your Appy Pie’s account and also in the FCM secret key field in Twilio.
8. Here you can check the Credential SID and other credential details. Copy the credential SID. Now, click on Dashboard under Programmable Chat.
9. Click on the +icon under Chat Services.
10. Enter a name for your chat service and click on Create.
11. Here, you can check your configuration details including Service SID. Now, click on Push Configuration in the sidebar.
12. Check the ‘Enabled’ button under the New Message section.
13. Click on Save and then click on the 3 dot icon in the navigation menu.
14. Under Engagement Cloud, click on Notify.
15. Click on Services in the sidebar. 16. Click on the +icon in the Services section.
17. Enter a Friendly Name for your new notify service and click on Create.
18. Select the FCM Credential SID that you created in the previous steps from the dropdown menu.
19. Once done, click on Save.
20.Now, paste the copied Credential SID in the respective field on the creator software.