Configuring push credentials on the Messenger feature allows users to receive notifications for the text messages on the Android app. Follow the steps below to obtain the push credential:
1. Go to Twilio. If you have a Twilio account, log in, else Signup.2. Click Explore Products under the Develop tab.
3. Under All Products, click Programmable Communications.
4. Click the Chat option in the Programmable Communications section.
5. Under Push Credentials, click the + icon. 6. A popup will open where you need to enter the required details to create new credentials.
7. Enter name and select FCM Push Credentials as the credential type from the dropdown menu. 8. Provide the FCM Secret key. Once you have provided all the details, click Create.
To obtain the FCM secret key, refer to: https://www.appypie.com/faqs/how-to-get-firebase-sender-id-and-server-key
Note: Ensure to use the same Firebase Server key/FCM secret key in the Settings section of your Appy Pie’s account and also in the FCM secret key field in Twilio. 9. Once done, you will find your Credential SID under Properties. Copy the Credential SID, then click the Manage menu. 10. Select Services from the options.
11. Under Chat Services, click the +icon to create a new Chat Service.
12. Enter a name for your Chat Service and click the Create button. 13. Once your chat service is created, you will find the Service ID and other details on the Base Configuration page. Next, click Push Configuration in the side menu. 14. In the New Message section, check the Enabled checkbox. 15. Click Save, then click the Back arrow in the side menu.
16. Under the Develop tab, click Explore Products in the side menu.
17. In the Programmable Communications section, scroll down to the Notify card, and then click Notify.
18. Under the Notify dropdown menu, click Services.
19. Click the + icon in the Services section.
20. Enter a name for your Notify Service, then click Create.
21. Select the FCM Credential SID that you created in the previous steps from the dropdown menu.
22. Once you have selected FCM credential SID, click Save.
23. Paste the copied Credential SID in the respective field on the creator software.