How to Implement Smart App Banners on Your Website?
To integrate Smart App Banners to your website, you need to add following meta tag in the source code of each page where you’d like the banner to appear:
<meta name="apple-itunes-app" content="app-id=myAppStoreID, affiliate-data=myAffiliateData, app-argument=myURL">
You can include three comma-separated parameters in the content attribute:
1) app-id (Mandatory): app-id is your app’s unique identifier. Follow the below steps to find your app ID from the iTunes Link Maker:
• Type your app name in the Search field
• Select the appropriate country and media type
• Find your app in the search results, and select iPhone App Link in the right hand side column
• Here is your app ID (the 9-digit number between id and ?mt)
2) affiliate-data (Optional): If you are an iTunes affiliate, affiliate-data represents your iTunes affiliate string. If you want to become an iTunes affiliate, find out more at: https://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/.
3) app-argument (Optional): app-argument is the URL that provides context to your native app. If you add this, your users will be able to directly jump to the corresponding position in your iOS app from your website. Listed hereunder are the few reasons to why app-argument is beneficial to retain navigational context:
• If users are deep within the navigational hierarchy of your website, you can pass the complete URL of the document, and parse it in your app for redirecting them to the correct location in your app
• If any of your users search something on your website, you can pass the session ID to download the web session state in your app, allowing them to easily resume their work
• If any user is in the middle of creating the content, he/she can non-destructively resume his/her work
Please note: You can easily generate app-argument for each page with a server-side script. However, you can format it the way you like, as long as it is a valid URL.