How Do I Create a Logo in Word? Step-By-Step Tutorial
If you plan to create a logo, rarely would your thought first go to Microsoft Word. However, as many have discovered, you can actually create stunning logo using Microsoft Word. Some of the factors that make Microsoft Word or Word (as it is commonly called), a great tool for designing logos is the variety of fonts, 2D and 3D shapes, interesting WordArt objects, patterns, textures, backgrounds and more.
Here is a step by step process of creating a logo in Microsoft Word:
- Open Microsoft Word
- Adding grid helps align individual elements within the logo. Click on “View” and check the box against “Gridlines”
- You can start designing your logo by choosing a shape (circle, square, rectangle etc.) To add a shape, go to “Insert” and add the desired shape
- You can change the color, add a shadow, and give it some effects as per your preference
- Apart from shapes, you can add some clipart or lines to give your logo the look you want
- Using “Text” tool you can add the name of your company easily and then change the font and color of the text
- If you want something artistic or a particular shape in your logo, you can click on “Insert” and add the desired clipart
- Finally, when you are happy with the way your logo looks, you can select all the elements of the logo, right click, and select “Group”. This would lock all pieces in their respective positions and the entire logo will then move as one.
- And you’re done!
However, that is still a lot of steps and some understanding and experience with design that is needed to pull this off!
A better way to design a logo would be through Appy Pie Design’s logo maker. Not only does it have hundreds of ready logo templates to choose from, but also gives you great scope of customizing them and make them truly unique.