How to Change or Turn Off Event Notifications from Google Calendar?
Google Calendar sends email and push notifications to remind users about any meeting or event they may have scheduled. By default, each notification is sent ten minutes before any appointment.
Some people might not want all of those messages—or they might want more of them. It can be quite frustrating or perhaps useful depending on the situation. If you’d like to change this and only see notifications when you’ve specifically added them, you’ll need to change the settings for your calendar. There are many ways you can turn annoying notifications into automated tasks with workflow automation, but more on this later.
It’s always worthwhile to know how you can configure or edit your Google Calendar notification settings, which is what we’re going to explore here. Here’s how to change the push and email notification settings for any of your Google calendars or turn off push notifications altogether.
How to Change Push and Email Notification Settings for any Calendar?
To open Google Calendar, head to calendar.google.com on your system. In the left panel, click the three dots that show up to the left on any calendar.
Next, click the Settings and sharing button.
Scroll down to “Event notifications” and here you’ll see several settings.
First, under Event notifications, you can configure which type of notification you will receive for the events. You’ll get a desktop notification, an email notification, or both. In the next section, you can decide whether and when you should get notifications for all-day events. You can also configure whether you should get email notifications regarding group events.
You can get emails for new events, changed events, canceled events, and responses from attendees. You can even get an agenda emailed to you every morning. If you have multiple calendars, you’ll need to change this for all of them. You can use different settings for different calendars.
Change the Push and Email Notification Settings for Any Calendar Event
Many people often don’t want notifications in their email inbox. These notifications can often occupy too much space, which is why many prefer to receive fewer notifications or emails.
You can also add a custom notification for any event. Here’s how you can get that done:
Click on any event, then click the pencil icon.
Here, you can edit various aspects of the event, including the notifications settings.
How to Turn Off all Google Calendar Notifications on Desktop?
You can turn browser notifications off entirely if you want.
Click the gear icon near the top-right of your calendar to get started, then click Settings.
Scroll down to “Event settings”, and you’ll notice a dropdown menu for notifications. Click on Notifications and select Off to turn off notifications.
How to Configure or Turn Off Google Calendar Notifications for Mobile
If you want to avoid Google Calendar notifications on your phone, you can follow these steps to disable them.
How to Get Google Calendar Notifications in Other Apps?
Remember we talked about turning annoying notifications into automated tasks? Let’s talk about that now! Constant notifications on Google Calendar can be a bit too much but with the right software, you can convert these into tasks, automatically!
With workflow automation platforms like Appy Pie Connect, you can receive notifications in other apps by integrating Google Calendar with 1000+ app connectors. These integrations can help individuals free up space in their inboxes and have a better user experience. With Appy Pie Connect, you can set up trigger events and their corresponding actions. This creates a sequence of steps with which anyone can automate all tasks within a workflow. The best part about Appy Pie’s Google Calendar integrations is that it requires no coding whatsoever.
For instance, you can post new Google Calendar events to a Microsoft Teams channel or create new notes within OneNote automatically. It doesn’t matter if you’re a coding genius or not, you can create functional and versatile automations with Appy Pie Connect.
Best Google Calendar Integrations You Can Try Today
Now that we’ve seen how you can configure your notifications on multiple devices, here are some popular Google Calendar app integrations. You can use these to sync multiple daily-use apps with your Google Calendar account and facilitate fast and efficient data sharing. You can create automated workflows so that you can automate manual and repetitive tasks with ease.
Google Calendar and Habitica
Habitica is one of the leading productivity apps online. It is an online task management application that uses retro role-playing game elements to make the entire process more entertaining. On Appy Pie Connect, users can link their Habitica account with other daily-use apps and software to facilitate automated data sharing and workflow automation.
Best Habitica Google Calendar Integrations
- Create a challenge to Habitica from a new event in Google Calendar
- Update a challenge in Habitica when an event starts on Google Calendar
- Join a challenge in Habitica when a new event is created in Google Calendar
- Create a task on Habitica from a new event in Google Calendar
Google Calendar and OneNote
Note-making tools have become an essential part of daily life. Whether in class, at the office, or at home, you might have to take notes at any time to store crucial information or data that you might want to use later. Among the most popular note-taking apps is OneNote. It offers a vast array of features and also supports integrations.
Best OneNote Google Calendar Integrations
- Create a note in OneNote when a new event is created on Google Calendar
- Update events in Google Calendar when a new note is added to OneNote
Google Calendar and Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a professional collaboration app for businesses where employees can interact and coordinate with each other and complete their tasks. Teams is a widely used app that supports several unique features that make it one of the best collaboration tools in use. With the help of Appy Pie Connect, users can link multiple third-party apps with Microsoft Teams to automate their workflows and get more done in less time.
Best Microsoft Team Google Calendar Integrations
- Send a message on a Microsoft Teams Channel whenever a new event is created on Google Calendar
- Create meetings to Microsoft Teams from new events on Google Calendar
- Update an event in Google Calendar when a new message is posted to a channel on Microsoft Teams
Google Calendar and TickTick
Task management apps are a convenient way to manage daily work and processes. They address the need to organize, visualize and prioritize tasks. Users can analyze their work to learn and understand how to get things done in more efficient and effective ways.
Best TickTick Google Calendar Integrations
- Create a task on TickTick when a new event is added to Google Calendar
- Add new tasks on TickTick whenever an event begins on Google Calendar.
Google Calendar and Twitch
Twitch is a hugely popular live streaming service that features content spanning gaming, sports, music, entertainment, and lots more. Since live streaming needs meticulous planning, it is worthwhile to integrate it with one of the best calendar apps, such as Google Calendar.
Best Twitch Google Calendar Integrations
- Add quick events in Google Calendar for every new follower on Twitch
- Create quick events on Google Calendar whenever a new live stream is added to Twitch
Google Calendar and Instagram
Millions across the world use Instagram to post photos, and videos, interact with others, and more. It is one of the biggest social media platforms globally, and you can integrate it with your Google Calendar account with the help of Appy Pie Connect’s workflow automation features.
Best Instagram Google Calendar Integrations
- Create an event on Google Calendar when a new post is made to Instagram
- Update an event on Google Calendar when a new post is made to Instagram
Google Calendar and Shopify
Perhaps the best Google Calendar integration is with Shopify. Shopify is an e-commerce platform that assists small businesses develop and deploy an online store using a streamlined dashboard. With an integration with Google Calendar, Shopify merchants can explore many new features and functionalities that can help them expand their business possibilities.
Best Shopify Google Calendar Integrations
- Add a quick event on Google Calendar when an order is canceled on Shopify
- Create an order on Shopify when a new event is added to Google Calendar
- Add a quick event when a paid order is placed on Shopify
We’ve explored how to disable or turn off Google Calendar notifications, and also to configure these based on your needs. Furthermore, we’ve also checked out how to manage Google Calendar integrations with other applications, and how Appy Pie Connect helps you achieve that. Workflow automation with Appy Pie Connect is an amazing way to boost your productivity and also save lots of time and effort. With over 1000 app integrations, the possibilities on Connect are endless, which is why we suggest you start automating right away!
- How to Create an eBook? – A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Design Eye-catching Posters?
- Top 20 interview questions and answers in 2023 [A useful guide to interviews]
- Machine Learning & Its Application in Our Daily Lives
- 21 Best Help Desk Software Solutions in 2022 [Features, Functionalities, and Pricing]
- Must-Have Features in Internal Communications App
- Amazon Logo History: What Message Is Hidden in Amazon Logo?
- Should You Build an App Yourself or Outsource It?
- A Beginner’s Guide to Create a Great Survey [+7 Survey Platforms to Consider]
- A Beginner’s Guide to Google My Business
Most Popular Posts
- How to Run and Record Your Podcasts Using Zoom?
By Abhinav Girdhar | July 8, 2020
- Best Wedding Website Builders in 2022
By Snigdha | October 18, 2022
- 12 Features Your E-commerce Apps Should Have
By Abhinav Girdhar | July 7, 2020
- How Long Does It Take to Build an App?
By Abhinav Girdhar | July 5, 2020
- Understanding Model-View-Controller (MVC) on iOS
By Aasif Khan | December 13, 2021