Discord Bots for Any Server, Best Discord Bots in 2021
In this blog, we will discuss Discord bots, their use and give you the best Discord bots list. Whether you are a serious gamer, a marketer, or a business owner who wants to build an exclusive community around your brand, Discord presents an excellent channel for you. The platform is flexible in scope and use and even lets you integrate Discord with countless other apps. Have you tried it yet?
Continue Reading This Article
Enjoy this article as well as all of our content, including E-Guides, news, tips and more.
Table of Contents
IntroductionDiscord is one of the most popular chat platforms for gamers. The platform is inherently intuitive, robust, and customizable, which is why it has been adopted readily by gamers from all over the world. Despite the platform being geared towards gamers and the gaming community, digital marketers are quickly discovering the platform’s potential and how they can leverage it best. One of the benefits of using Discord is that you can add the best Discord bots to your server and enhance its overall functionality. These bots can also help you manage your server better and, as a bonus, adds a fun element to it. You can further expand the platform’s scope by integrating it with the other apps you use in your business day.
What is a Discord bot?One of the most important features of this unique communication platform is - Discord bots. These AI-based bots are proving to be quite helpful for business owners and marketers. They primarily use these bots for automating a range of manual tasks on their server. Discord bots are essentially third-party tools that can be employed to improve the platform’s overall user experience. Discord bots will let you play music, monitor your server, track statistics, add server roles, among other things. The best Discord bots end up being so advanced that they have the potential to replace human administrators. The most popular Discord bot types include moderation bots, music bots, gaming bots, and more.
Best Discord botsLike I told you before, the potential of Discord as a platform can be expanded manifold using the best Discord bots. However, with so many Discord server bots available over the internet, it can get a little challenging to choose the one that is best suited for your server. This is why I have compiled a list of the best Discord bots that anyone can use for their server.
- MEE6 Category - Moderation Cost - Plans start at US$ 4.17 per month (billed annually) The best Discord bot for moderation, MEE6, can automatically scan and detect any violations like inappropriate language, spam, or external links. Your MEE6 bot can mute, kick or permanently ban the users for repeat violations. It gives you enough scope and flexibility to set custom commands enabling it to assign user roles and send messages based on particular actions. You can even set up welcome messages for new members on the server.
- Dank Memer Category - Meme/Games Cost - Free, with premium plans on Patreon starting at US$2 per month Memes have emerged as one of the most popular and effective marketing tools and have proven to be quite useful for building a community. Dank Memer is, without a doubt, the best meme bot for Discord. Its popularity is primarily due to the massive number of commands you can use on it. There are memes for any possible conversation, and all you need to do is type in the command. On Dank Memer, you can steal or gamble to earn coins which you can use to buy stuff from the meme shop.
- Dyno Bot Category - Moderation/Multi-purpose Cost - Starting at US$5/month/server Dyno bot for Discord is the best Discord bot for managing data on servers and moderating multiple channels. The bot lets you automatically assign user roles and even set specific permissions for specific channels. Hence, you can limit your server members to only those you trust, thus filtering out spam accounts. You can even decide to automatically ban users with specific words in their profiles from within Discord. You can even define individual roles for the users so that they can access chosen channels only, while other channels remain hidden from them.
- Sesh Category - Calendar management/Scheduling Cost - Free, with premium plans on Patreon starting at US$5/month Sesh is a unique Discord bot for calendar management, scheduling, reminders, and more. The bot has gained prominence because Discord does not have any kind of native scheduling or calendar management feature in it. The best calendar bot for Discord - Sesh offers great flexibility in terms of the format. You can create events, tasks and set reminders for specific times in your most natural language. The best part is that the bot supports automatic timezone conversion, which means you can collaborate with members from all over the world without having to calculate timezones. Additionally, you can run polls for choosing the time slot, create countdowns, set recurring events, and even integrate Google Calendar with Sesh. How’s that for customization!
- Octave Category - Music Cost - Free One of the best music bots for Discord, Octave lets you play any song on YouTube or Soundcloud. This Discord music bot lets you share your music with the entire community you have build on Discord. As a moderator, you can play, pause, or stop a song, create playlists, replay songs, and even view the song lyrics. Octave lets the listeners vote on the next song they would like you to play. They can also vote to skip a song or let it play.
- ProBot Category - Moderation/Multi-purpose Cost - Starting at $2.50/month ProBot lets you set a customized welcome message to greet every new member on your server. You can write this message as per your brand image. Add a touch of whimsy or make it formal. This message will be the face of your server. ProBot has an impressive standalone dashboard that can take care of multiple actions for you. You can create your unique welcome message, get an overview of your Discord statistics, manage moderation queues, and even set specific actions in response to particular words.
- GiveawayBot Category - Fun/Social Cost - Free, with premium plans on Patreon starting at US$1/month Everyone gets excited about a giveaway, and it is one of the best ways to engage the whole Discord community. GiveawayBot on Discord lets you organize engaging giveaway campaigns with simple commands that allow you to begin the giveaway, choose a winner, and then end the giveaway without having to do any manual work
- Rythm Bot Category - Music Cost - Starting at $4.99/month Rythm bot lets users customize their Discord servers with the help of a comprehensive list of moderation commands, utility commands, and commands that are just for fun! These commands will help improve the overall user experience by giving them unique tools that keep them engaged and have a good time on your server. Discord Rythm bot also comes with a music system called Rythm Radio, where you can stream multiple channels from across the world or listen to the playlists you created. The bot supports integration with YouTube, SoundCloud, Twitch, and more. It does not readily support Spotify, but you can manually configure it if you are good with hacks.
- Discord Translator Category - Utility Cost - Free, Premium at US$10 While building a community, you do not want to be restricted by language. The world of opportunities is open to you, and restricting only to English will leave you out of a massive chunk of the market. If you plan to expand your audience to Europe, Asia, and other non-English speaking countries, the Discord Translator bot is the perfect solution for you. Once you add the Discord Translator bot to your Discord server, no matter which language the users type in, the bot will automatically translate it into their chosen language.
- Community Hubs Beta Category - Social/Utility Cost - Free It is vital to have seamless communication of your users across multiple servers and numerous platforms, and the Community Hubs Discord bot is perfect for that. This bot connects multiple Discord channels to a common Hub room so that all of them can communicate with each other. The Hub room becomes a melting pot for different Discord channels of different genres. So, if you want to hold an event that has audiences in more than one channel, you can add them all to the same Hub room, and the entire audience can participate.
- Musibeth Category - Music Cost - Free, but you can donate Musibeth is a Discord music bot that lets you play content directly from YouTube on your chosen Discord channel. The bot lets you share videos when your members need some context or clarification on any point. One cool feature is that you can set up commands for videos to play automatically for frequently asked questions. You can save a lot of time and spend it on more productive tasks on your to-do list. You can also promote your YouTube channel by letting your Musibeth Discord bot share your content with members. This will get you more meaningful views while giving your audience great value.
- Carl Bot Category - Multi-functional Cost - Starting at $5/month Carl bot is genuinely a multi-functional bot. It helps you manage logs, store chats, and create reaction roles that enable you to respond to messages in real-time. Using Carl bot, you can set up custom commands in your server’s chat for the bot to execute later.
- Strodl Category - Multi-functional Cost - Free, but you can donate An entertainment Discord bot with multiple functionalities, Strodl will engage your Discord members for hours together. There are numerous entertainment options available with this bot, from playing cards against humanity to embarking on text-based adventures or streaming HD music. Though it is not the strongest of its features, you can also use the Strodl bot to create an economy on your server.
- Nuggetbot Category - Moderation/Multi-purpose Cost - Free, but you can donate Nuggetbot is more than just another boring moderation bot as it is packed with an extensive range of moderation features, commands, and some enjoyable elements. Nuggetbot also comes with a comprehensive online dashboard that gives you an overview of your server. You can use the dashboard to set a welcome message to greet first-time users, assign roles, set permissions, set controls for logging member information, and more. To add a little bit of fun to the whole experience, you can set up some auto-commands for your Discord users. This lets them enjoy activities like generating memes, telling jokes, or even generating some basic arcade games that they can play within Discord.
- Quillbot Category - Utility Cost - Free Quillbot lets you paraphrase content effectively. When you use the correct command, the bot will automatically rewrite the text you enter. Quillbot is particularly of great use for content marketing and content creation.
How to add bots to Discord server?You have seen what the best Discord bots can do for you. To learn how to get bots on Discord, the first thing you need to do is find the Discord bot you want to add to your server. You can go to an online Discord bots list like top.gg and find the bot that works best for you. Once you know which bot you want to add to your Discord server, adding bots to Discord is just an easy 5-step process.
- Log in to Discord
- Invite the bot
- Select the server
- Authorize the bot
- Set up the bot
As your Discord server evolves and new bots keep coming to the market, it is natural that you would like to do some spring cleaning at times. Hence, you must know how to remove a Discord bot. To remove a bot from your Discord server, all you need to do is right-click on the bot on a server member list and click kick or ban.
How to Create Your Own Discord BotsEven the best Discord bots have their limitations. In addition, sometimes your business requirements may dictate the need to create custom Discord bots. While the Discord bots mentioned in the list above are excellent, they might not be able to fulfill all your business requirements. However, you can create custom Discord bots for your business. The first way to do that is to code your own Discord bots. If you do not have the required coding knowledge, workflow automation tools like Appy Pie Connect lets you create your own custom Discord bots. Connect allows you to integrate Discord with multiple software to create unique automated processes for businesses. These automated processes can act as Discord bots. For example, if you want to add potential customers in Discord to your email marketing list, your bot can converse with these potential customers and receive information from them. The Connect integration will automatically add the information users have shared to your email marketing software. Our guide on how to create Discord bots without coding will help you create your own Discord bots.
- Enter a name for your chatbot
Names help personalize your chatbot and makes them feel more friendly
- Create a bot flow
Use Appy Pie’s signature drag and drop interface to design the conversations your bot will have
- Add your chatbot to your Discord server
Once you are satisfied with your chatbot, simply embed it into your Discord server
ConclusionAs you can see, Discord bots are an integral part of communication on the platform as they expand the scope of all that you can achieve here. It helps you manage your community without having to monitor each development manually. Another way to expand your Discord platform’s functionality and add efficiency to your community management is through the numerous Discord integrations offered by the leading workflow automation platform - Appy Pie Connect The list of Discord bots above is by no means exhaustive. There are so many more out there. Do you think I missed out on a Discord bot you find impressive? Let me know in the comments section. I’d love to hear from you!
- Don’t Copy-and-Paste Code (Unless You Understand It)
- Must-have App Features for Real Estate App Development
- 10 Best Business Magazines for Entrepreneurs
- All You Need to Know About All-in-One Apps
- 13 Best To-do List Apps for Effective Task Management
- What is Bankruptcy? – Steps to File for Bankruptcy
- Top 17 WordPress Plugins for Business
- Unique Website Ideas for Your Inspiration in 2021
- How to Create a Logo? (Tips for a Good Logo Design)
- How to Build Your First Mobile App?
Most Popular Posts
- 8 Steps for Setting Smart Sales Goals for a Stronger Business Plan
By Joel | April 26, 2019
- Top 10 Content Curation Tools That Superstar Digital Marketers Swear By
By Abs | May 13, 2020
- How To Add Facebook Live Chat To Your Website in 10 Minutes
By lakhvinder | October 13, 2021
- iOS Vs Android: Which Userbase Is The Best For Your App?
By Tarulika jain | September 29, 2020
- How to write an Executive Summary for your Business Plan?
By Abs | December 5, 2019