It’s Okay to Not be Okay! [63 Sad Quotes about Life]
To be sad is a natural part of everyday life. However, remaining sad or letting the sadness envelop you is not advisable or normal. It may feel like nothing is going your way, but this is not the time to despair. It is time to look for your silver lining.
Kind words and even sad quotes about life can bring peace in these challenging times, giving you strength and a sense of camaraderie as you share it with the world. Appy Pie Design offers you the opportunity to express your emotions with the best possible medium – creative art. You can create beautiful designs with your favorite sad quotes and then post them on social media to share them with the world.
Best sad quotes about pain
- “Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing” – Fight Club.
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it” – Helen Keller.
- “It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure” – Marquis de Sade.
- “Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you” – Ovid.
- “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings” – Lao Tzu.
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom” – Oprah Winfrey.
- “The pain will leave once it has finished teaching you” – Bruce Lee.
Sad quotes about life
- “Behind every sweet smile, there is a bitter sadness that no one can ever see and feel.” – Tupac.
- “The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy.” – Jim Rohn.
- “The good life is not one immune to sadness but one in which suffering contributes to our development.” – Alain de Botton.
- “When you’ve suffered a great deal in life, each additional pain is both unbearable and trifling.” – Yann Martel.
- “Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these – It might have been.” – John Greenleaf Whittier.
- “It doesn’t hurt to feel sad from time to time.” – Willie Nelson.
- “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – The Perks of being a wallflower.
- “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realize is that you’re not alone.” — Dwayne Johnson.
- “A big part of depression is feeling really lonely, even if you’re in a room full of a million people.” — Lilly Singh.
- “I’ll never forget how the depression and loneliness felt good and bad at the same time. Still does.”― Henry Rollins, The Portable Henry Rollins.
- “Depression is being colorblind and constantly told how colorful the world is.” — Atticus, Love Her Wild.
- “Depression, suffering and anger are all part of being human.” – Janet Fitch.
- “When you’re depressed you don’t control your thoughts, your thoughts control you. I wish people understood that.” — Anonymous
- “Depression is melancholy minus its charms.” ― Susan Sontag, Illness as Metaphor.
Sad love quotes
- “It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.” – Miguel de Unamuno.
- “It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.” – Ella Harper.
- “Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson.
- “So it’s true when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” – E.A. Bucchianeri.
- “Tonight I can write the saddest lines, I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.” – Pablo Neruda.
- “Love is the best medicine for all kinds of pain in the world but there is no medicine in the world for the pain given by Love.” – Mano.
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.” – Socrates.
Sad friendship quotes
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “When one has lost a friend, one’s eyes should be neither dry nor streaming. Tears, yes, there should be, but not lamentation.” – Seneca.
- “Ever has it been that friendship knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Kahlil Gibran.
- “No person is your friend who demands your silence or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker.
- “Life without a friend is like death without a witness.” – Spanish Proverb.
- Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken, it can be fixed, but there will always be cracks.” — Waqar Ahmed.
- “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” — William Blake.
Sad relationship quotes
- “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.” – Anonymous.
- “Almost all of our sorrows spring out of our relations with other people.” – Arthur Schopenhauer.
- “Relationships fail because people take their own insecurities and try and twist them into their partner’s flaws.” – Baylor Barbee.
- “For lack of an occasional expression of love, a relationship strong at the seams can wear thin in the middle.” – Robert Brault.
- “Remember that no relationship is a total waste of time. You can always learn something about yourself.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “It takes longer to build a relationship than it does to destroy one.” – Matshona Dhliwayo.
- “The best way to remain in your relationship is to keep other people out of your relationship.” – Carlos Wallace.
- “Let it hurt until it can’t hurt anymore.” Liam Ryan.
- “She healed her own brokenness.” – R. H. Sin.
- “We forge the chains we wear in life.” – Charles Dickens.
- “And then there is me, always waiting for you.” – J. H. Hard.
- “Life hurts a lot more than death” – Goru.
- “I just hope my death makes more cents than my life” – The Joker (Arthur Fleck).
- “Sad hurts, but it’s a healthy feeling” – J.K. Rowling.
- “Even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise” – Les Miserables.
- “When I feel a little low, I put on my favorite high heels to stand a little taller” – Dolly Parton.
- “Sometimes sitting and doing nothing is the best something you can do” – Karen Salmansohn.
- “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky.
- “If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain” – Emily Dickinson.
- “Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep.” – Clive Barker.
- “Respect yourself enough to say I deserve peace. Walk away from people or things that prevent you from attaining it.” – Jericho Silvers.
- “Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value presence.” – Unknown.
- “Chasing happiness is guaranteed to make you unhappy.” – Ed Latimore.
- “The good life is not one immune to sadness but one in which suffering contributes to our development.” Alain de Botton.
- “Your sadness is a gift. Don’t reject it. Don’t rush it. Live it fully and use it as fuel to change and grow.” – Maxime Lagacé.
- “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” Rumi.
- “The perfected future never arrives. Life is full of seemingly endless trouble, and then life ends. Find peace in the imperfect present.” – The Stoic Emperor.
- “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.” – Jean de La Fontaine.
- Shuffling Arrays in Swift with Fisher-Yates
- What is Geofencing and How it can help you Grow your Small Business?
- How to Take Awesome Photographs with Your Smartphone?
- How To Get The App Store To Approve Your App?
- Marketing and Networking with Business Cards [Tips and Tricks]
- What are The Benefits of Creating an Insurance Chatbot?
- 8 Easy-to-Use Social Media Calendar Tools to Plan Your Content
- How to Design Letterhead on Your Own?
- Native app vs Web app: What Developers Need To Know
- Scene Delegate vs. App Delegate Explained
Short sad quotes
Feeling low quotes
Sad motivational quotes
Sadness is a natural feeling. Running away from your emotions will never help you in any way. Face your sadness, experience it, and emerge stronger. Express your emotions with sad quotes and show your creative side by designing sad quote posters in minutes!
Most Popular Posts
- Quit Coding? Here’s How To Start Building Apps Again
By Aasif Khan | January 3, 2022
- Top Tips to Making a Stunning YouTube Video
By Abhinav Girdhar | September 4, 2020
- How to Re-engage Customers in Your Mobile App? (10 Awesome Ways)
By Abhinav Girdhar | September 25, 2018
How Do Free Apps Make Money in 2022 *[8 Techniques and a BONUS video]
By Aasif Khan | April 29, 2020
- How Financial Process Automation Can Help Your Business?
By Abhinav Girdhar | September 14, 2020