Raksha Bandhan – The Most Divine And Pure Love Bond Between Brothers And Sisters
Raksha Bandhan is the festival of love and joy, which remarks the strong and unconditional bond between brothers and sisters. It is celebrated on the full moon day of the Hindu month of Shravana. It mostly occurs during the monsoon season in August. On Raksha Bandhan, sisters tie a rakhi (a colorful thread) around their brother’s wrist, and the brother in turn vows to protect her. The festival is also a time for sisters to receive gifts from their brothers. Rakhi is not just a ceremonial occasion but it is also a great time to cherish childhood memories with siblings. It is also a time when brothers and sisters can bond again after a busy year.
Why is Raksha Bandhan celebrated?
Raksha Bandhan is thought to have originated centuries ago, and there are several stories associated with the celebration of this special festival. However, the Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan story in Mahabharat is well-known. It is said that on the day of Raksha Bandhan, Draupadi, the wife of the Pandavas, tied a rakhi on the wrist of Shri Krishna. Draupadi did this to save her husband from the clutches of Duryodhana. Therefore, Rakhi has been a symbol of love and respect in Hindu mythology. In recent years, festival has been gaining popularity in the West, with celebrations being held in cities such as London, New York, and Los Angeles.
How is Raksha Bandhan Celebrated?
The festival is observed by first bathing in the morning and then dressing in new clothes. The sister then performs an aarti by lighting a Diya and prays for the well-being of her brother. then the sisters tie a Rakhi (a special bracelet) around the brother’s wrist. The brother then gives the sister a gift, and they may share a meal or sweet treat together. Other traditions include the sister applying a tilak (mark) on the brother’s forehead and the brother giving the sister a token of money.
How to Make this Raksha Bandhan Special?
Make Raksha Bandhan special for your brothers and sisters by planning ahead of time and arranging for a surprise present. While some people celebrate it by exchanging gifts, others prefer to keep it simple and exchange heartfelt messages and good wishes for the upcoming year. Whatever your preference, make sure you plan ahead so that the day is truly special for your loved ones. There are many ways to make this Raksha Bandhan special, including:
- Get your sister a special gift – It is obvious that girls enjoy shopping for new items in town. When you buy something new for your sister, she will undoubtedly appreciate it.
- Bake her a special treat – On this Raksha Bandhan, you could make her a special cake or cupcakes with a personalized message. You could also bake cookies or a pie and include a heartfelt note inside.
- Get Her a small gift – A small gift can be a nice way to show your affection for sister. It doesn’t have to be anything big or expensive, just something that shows you’re thinking of her. Perhaps a book she’s been wanting, or a pretty piece of jewelry or just by sharing a card with beautiful quotes that show how much you adore her.
- Write her a heartfelt letter – A heartfelt letter is a way to let your boss know how much you appreciate everything she does for you. It is also a great way to show your sister how much you value her presence in your life.
- Wear matching clothing – Wearing the same colored outfit would be a cool idea. Plan it beforehand so that when come together, seeing each other would be fun and memorable. Post pictures on social media and tag your sibling.
- Create a photo collage – Your sister is sure to appreciate a thoughtful and creative photo collage. This is a great way to show her how much you care, and it will also provide her with some cherished memories.
- Send a Rakhi poster – Rakhi is always a very special occasion in every brother and sister’s life. Make this occasion more special by sharing a beautiful rakhi poster with your brother-sister. This small gesture between brother and sister can make this Raksha Bandhan more special.
If you want to create a beautiful rakhi poster for your brother this Raksha Bandhan, you can use Appy Pie’s Rakhsabandhan Poster Maker. Appy Pie’s Raksha Bandhan poster Maker has a wide range of templates that you can choose from. You can also add your own photos and text to create a custom poster. The Rakhsabandhan poster maker is very easy to use and you can create a beautiful poster within minutes.
How to create a beautiful Rakhi Poster in easy steps:
- Open Appy Pie Design and sign up for a free account or log into Appy Pie Design account.
- Choose your Rakhi Poster from over 1,000 templates.
- You can also add a beautiful photo of your brother/sister and also add some text.
- Adjust the image’s size, color, and brightness.
- Download your Rakhi Poster in high-quality PDF or JPG format.
- Share your Rakhi Poster with your sister or brother!
Most Popular Posts
- How to Make a Dialogflow Chatbot? A Beginner’s Guide
By Abhinav Girdhar | June 16, 2021
- Which MacBook is Good Enough for iOS Development?
By Aasif Khan | December 8, 2021
- 9 Free 3D Modeling CAD Software for Beginners
By Abhinav Girdhar | May 11, 2020
- How to Ensure A Successful App Launch – A Definitive Guide
By Abhinav Girdhar | July 16, 2018
- How To Create An App Like eBay?
By Snigdha | August 19, 2022