Table of Contents:
- How to Make an iPhone App for Free with Appy Pie App Maker?
- What are the top features that your iPhone App must have?
- Why Should You Consider Building iOS Apps for your Business?
- Build an App for iPhone using Drag and Drop iOS App Maker
- What are the Benefits of iOS Apps?
- Top iPhone Influencers to Follow
- Related Blog Posts
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Make an iPhone App for Free in 3 Steps with Appy Pie?
Last Updated on February 26th, 2020
To create your own iPhone app, follow these steps:
Enter your Business name
Choose the category that best fits your small business and color scheme.
Drag and drop your desired features
Make an iPhone (iOS) app in minutes without any coding for free.
Go live on Apple App Store
Expand audience reach with your own iPhone app
What are the top features that your iPhone App must have?
Listed here are some of the best features that your iPhone app must have –
One of the most important features for any iPhone app, push notifications makes it easy for businesses to notify their customers about the latest news, offerings, etc. instantly. Push notifications is a quick way to gain attention of potential customers, and earn their loyalty.
The about us feature is counted among the most powerful features of Appy Pie’s iPhone app builder. About us allows businesses to showcase their profile, team, social media handles, company history, its mission, vision and much more.
Another great feature in the iPhone app maker’s arsenal, website allows small businesses to convert their website into an app in just a few steps without having to write even a single line of code. Simply add the website URL and bring your business to the mobile platform
Contact is one of the basic app features that let businesses share their contact details such as office address, phone number, email address, etc., with the customers. With your contact details right at their fingertips, customers can connect with you and resolve their queries easily.
A successful app is incomplete without app analytics. With app analytics, you can easily keep a bird’s eye view on user behavior, analyze app performance, and do much more. These reports can further help you improve your app quality and deliver a better user experience over the time.
With the photo and video feature, you can showcase your products and services in the best way possible to your customers and get their attention. Not just this, you can even use these features to showcase the latest happenings going on in your organization, team activities and do much more.
Ideal for businesses of all sizes, the form builder feature lets you create nested forms, get appointments and inquiries through your app, letting your customers make an inquiry or book an appointment with you in just a few taps.
Why Should You Consider Building iOS Apps for your Business?
iOS devices are known globally for their quality and user-friendly features and have elevated to attain an almost cult status. The smartphone industry was revolutionized by the iOS devices as they have emerged as the most widely used among consumers for individual, personal, professional, and business use. The smartphone industry is evolving at a tremendous pace and the number of iOS users is increasing exponentially, hence it is important that the iOS apps you build offer great user experience and match the users’ expectations.
The Apple App Store is one of the two most popular mobile app stores and has 1.73 million apps live right now with 1,007 apps getting published every single day. The number of app publishers on the platform is 1.35 million.
Here are the reasons why building iOS apps can prove to be fruitful for businesses in the long run:
The most common risk or concern that prevents businesses from hopping on the app bandwagon is the security of their critical enterprise data. This is where the iOS apps become game changers and help businesses take the benefit of the vibrant app world with a high-end security layer. iOS apps not only avoid data duplication, data encryption, and data theft, but also prove to be beneficial in maintaining data privacy, user confidentiality, and app data on the cloud.
Better User Experience
Everyone likes mobile apps that are high-quality, consistent, and perform seamlessly, which is why many businesses across the globe are marking their presence in the app market with iOS apps. Not only do iOS apps operate smoothly on different Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, etc., but also deliver enhanced user experience. Moreover, the strict adherence to high quality and stringent app submission guidelines is what makes iOS apps stand apart in a world rife with competition.
Scalability of products is critical to ensure complete customer satisfaction. And, when it comes to scalable mobile applications, undoubtedly, iOS apps emerge as the uncontested winners. Not only are iOS apps way more sophisticated than Android apps, but they also help businesses provide a great user experience through their highly secure and scalable interface. As a result, more and more businesses are building iPhone apps to extend their audience reach and scale their growth.
iPhone apps are quite popular worldwide. There is a certain segment of people who love Apple devices, especially the tech-savvy audience. As per the survey, Apple users are more open to innovation, which gives businesses unlimited opportunities to build out-of-the-box applications that can bring about a revolution in the market. With high quality iPhone apps, you can be assured that you would be ahead of your competition and become a market leader.
Strong Brand Value
Needless to say, Apple is one of the most trustworthy brands worldwide. As an Apple user, you know that each and every application available on the iTunes store is thoroughly tested and is completely safe to download. It’s because of the strong value of Apple that users don’t give a dime of a thought, before downloading any application. So, whether you are just starting out or are an established firm, building an iPhone app can surely take your business to new heights.
Enhanced App Revenue
Compared to Android apps, iPhone apps have a greater return on investment. The reason behind Apple having an upper hand over Google in app revenue is the highly secure environment that it provides for online transactions. By making iPhone apps a part of your business, you can skyrocket your sales and dramatically boost your revenue. Moreover, with better reach towards targeted users, iOS also proves to be the right option in terms of taking a brand towards success.
Build an App for iPhone using Free iOS App Maker
Appy Pie’s free iPhone app maker is easy-to-use and requires no coding or use of the iOS SDK. You can have a completely functioning app within minutes and publish it to the App Store. Leave all the hard work to the DIY iPhone app maker and simply drag and drop the required features with our iPhone app creator!
You can preview your iOS app and add more features to make it more appealing for your users. Select your app type from a number of categories like Business, Church, Radio, Restaurant, or Real estate etc. to see suitable features for your app. It even lets you integrate social media like Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram etc. to keep your iPhone app users more engaged.
We, at Appy Pie, help you develop your own app and provide you the necessary tools to publish or share your application on Apple iTunes. You can keep your customers informed about the latest developments and news about your business through our ‘Push Notifications’ service. And, if you have money on the mind, you can easily monetize your app using iAds. By opting for iAds, you will be able to earn money whenever a user clicks on an advertisement in your application.
Appy Pie’s iPhone App Building software comes with a WYSIWYG editor to update content and allows you to create beautiful & engaging iPhone apps with the help of the drag and drop feature offered by our iOS app building software.
Updating and debugging your application with Appy Pie’s iPhone App creator is particularly convenient because it lets you update your app content as often as you like. In fact, the changes you make will reflect on your app “on the fly”. Our aim is to make iPhone app development accessible & feasible for small and medium businesses so that they can reach out to their customers through mobile apps on their Apple devices. Our team adds new app features frequently to ensure that your apps stay updated with the latest technology & trends.
With Appy Pie’s online iOS App Creator Software, anyone can create an app easily, Sign up Today!
* As per Apple’s Updated Guidelines 4.2.6, you’ll need to publish your app with your own app developer’s account. We have a dedicated app submission team to help you through the entire process.
What are the Benefits of iOS Apps?
iOS apps are in great demand for business and personal use. In fact, iPhone users are known to be the most loyal to them, thus remaining life-long users. There’s got to be a reason for that! iPhone apps play a big role in the device’s popularity and the loyalty that it enjoys.
Listed here are some of the exciting benefits of iPhone apps –
- Builds trust among potential customers due to high security levels. Apple devices and software are known for their concern for security and their regard for privacy of their users. This remains one of the top reasons why iOS apps have remained popular.
- Helps gain required insights about customer preferences and buying behavior. The in-built analytics in an iOS app, gives you great intel on what your customers love and what they can do without. A great way to improve your app!
- Increases long term and short-term revenue by improving user engagement. The more your app users engage with your app, the higher your revenue would be, irrespective of your business or revenue model for the application.
- Improves consumers interaction with a business. An app helps you stay connected to your customers all round the clock. The comfort of just tapping on an icon and being able to reach the business, adds a certain confidence in the customers’ minds.
- A better way to engage target audience and potential customers. An iOS app lets you reach out to your existing customers and potential customers through multiple mediums. This may be done through social sharing, word of mouth, or traditional advertising.
- Accelerates marketing efforts to a great extent. iOS apps present you with a great marketing channel which lets you target just the right audience for your business.
For Personal Use
- No carrier junk or unnecessary apps. This is one of the reasons why iOS users are so loyal to the platform. It is a no-nonsense platform that lets the user enjoy the experience of exploring the device and interact with the businesses they choose.
- Better HTML support to cater to the multimedia needs of users. Smartphones are more than mere communication devices. iOS devices offer enhanced HTML support which makes the multimedia experience memorable.
- Ease of compatibility. iOS devices are all compatible with each other and iOS apps can be built to function in a way that all the app information will sync on all devices, thus making it easy for the user to maintain continuity on all their favorite devices.
- Better power management. iOS devices have known to struggle with the battery life longevity. However, a well-designed iOS app can be made to manage the power requirements in a better way. This saves the users from battery troubles on their iOS devices.
Top iPhone Influencers to Follow
- Tim Cook
Apple CEO, Tim Cook was Apple’s chief operating officer earlier and is responsible for the company’s worldwide sales and operations, such as sales activities, etc., in all markets and countries.
- Kaya Thomas
A full time iOS engineer at Calm, Kaya Thomas started iOS development in 2014 and in August, the same year, published We Read Too, a book resource app that features titles written by authors of color.
- Benjamin Mayo
An Apple blogger and iOS developer, Benjamin Mayo has developed and marketed numerous apps on his own. He has also participated in the iOS open-source community.
- Ayaka Nonaka
A software engineer at Apple, Ayaka Nonaka has worked as an iOS engineer for Workflow and Venmo. Based in San Francisco, Ayaka has done BSE in Computer Science from University of Pennsylvania.
- Dave Verwer
Dave Verwer is an independent iOS developer, and a writer and author of iOS Dev Weekly, a platform showcasing handpicked, artisanal links from the iOS development community.
- Sarah Edwards
R&D Expert at Blackbag Technologies, Sarah Edwards is an author, instructor and FOR518 Mac/iOS Forensic Analysis & IR at SANS DFIR, the world’s leading Digital Forensics & Incident Response provider.
- Guilherme Rambo
A Mac and iOS developer based in Brazil, Guilherme Rambo is popular for discovering Apple’s secrets and analyzing leaks.
- Kristina Fox
A staff iOS engineer at Intuit, Kristina Fox is also an international tech speaker and blogs about iOS & watchOS dev at her own official website, kristina.io.
- Ole Begemann
Ole Begemann is an iOS developer from Berlin and a co-author of Advanced Swift. A Unicode enthusiast, Ole mainly blogs about Swift and app development on Apple platforms.
- Carola Nitz
An iOS developer, Carola Nitz has worked for Apple on the Maps app in San Francisco. Carola loves speaking at conferences and meet ups.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
It’s as easy as a pie to make your own iPhone app using Appy Pie’s app maker. No coding or technical skills necessary. Follow the steps below and create an iPhone app in a matter of minutes –
- Open Appy Pie App builder and click on “Create your free app”
- Enter the name of your business and click on Next to continue
- Select the category of your choice
- Finalize color scheme for your app
- Choose iPhone device for testing your app
- Customize app design and click on Save and Continue
- Take a deep breath, your app is getting ready. Once built, scan the QR code or send the app installation link to your device via email or SMS, and test the demo app
- Go to My Apps section by opening the Welcome drop down menu present in top navigation
- Click on Edit option to edit your app.
- You will see the Basic plan. You can either go with Try Now or Buy Now option. The ‘Try now’ option comes with a 7-Day Trial so that you are fully satisfied with the app before you make the purchase.
Please note whichever option you choose, you need to provide credit card details. We use credit card details to check the authenticity of the users.
- On the creator software, you can add your desired features
- Once you are done, click on Save and Continue to finish creating your iPhone app
It is totally free to build an iPhone app using Appy Pie’s iPhone app builder. However, you need to upgrade to one of our paid plans to publish it to Apple App Store. Starting from just $60 per month, we have different SMB and enterprise plans, which you can check here.
You can follow these steps below to make an iPhone app without any coding –
- First open appypie.com/app-builder and click on “Create your free app”
- Now you need to provide your business name
- Pick a category and finalize the color scheme
- Customize the app design. Once done, click on Save and Continue
- Go to My Apps section and click on Edit option to edit the app as per your requirements
- Add the best features and make your own app without any coding
Objective-C and C are the languages that are primarily used for making iOS apps. However, Swift is also quite popular and is being widely used for iOS app development.