The Internet of Things and the Power of Connectivity (Podcast 106)
In this episode, we explore the Internet of Things and the power of connectivity. The Internet of Things (IoT) describes the network of digital objects embedded with sensors and software for the purpose of connecting and exchanging data with other devices and digital ecosystems over the internet.
- The Internet of Things helps businesses feel more connected and optimized
- Efficient cybersecurity is key for protecting your sensitive information
- There’s no ‘one size fits all’ cybersecurity solution
Ranging from ordinary household items to sophisticated industrial tools, billions of devices are connected to the internet. The increased availability of low-cost low power sensors, enhancements in network protocols, advancements in Cloud Computing, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI) have created the unique and nurturing environment that the IoT developed in. Now with over 10 billion connected IoT devices today, experts are expecting this number to grow to 25 billion by 2025.
Security is and has been a historical concern for the Internet of Things. As data is constantly being collected and cataloged, whether sensitive or general – IoT devices are always listening and learning. Any data collected needs to be safe and secure. When manufacturers don’t consider security a high priority or develop protocols to encrypt collected data and the device can’t be updated, it may be permanently at risk. Researchers have discovered that around 100,000 webcams can be hacked easily because of a lack of security. And further, diverse data types and differences in computing power among IoT devices mean there’s no ‘one size fits all’ cybersecurity solution that can confidently protect any type of IoT device or deployment.
While security is a concern, there’s no denying the inherent benefits of adopting an IoT ecosystem. The Internet of Things has been deployed across many industries, including: Manufacturing, Automotive, Retail, Public Sector, Healthcare and Health and Safety. This system has helped to monitor overall business processes, enhance the customer experience, save precious time and cost, integrate and adapt varying business models, advise on business strategy and encourage scalability. Introducing the Internet of Things has transformed the way businesses work, making them feel more connected and optimized.
Could the Internet of Things help you transform your business? You’ll have 24/7 access to information on any connected device, improved communication within a digital ecosystem, centralized data and increased automation. But you will also be reducing the unique human element in areas like customer services, collecting and cataloging data from many devices and without the right cybersecurity protocols – exposing your information to the risk of hacking.
Trend Micro suggests a greater reliance on cloud computing: “The IoT and the cloud are becoming increasingly integrated. It is important to look at the security implications of each technology to the other. Cloud-based solutions can also be considered to deliver added security and processing capabilities to IoT edge devices.”
Want to optimize your workflow? With the power of connectivity you can make your work life easier. Make your apps work for you, empower automation and increase efficiency with Appy Pie Connect. Creating a workflow can be as easy as a pie! Automate all of your tasks whether complex or simple, in a matter of minutes. Save hours on repetitive work, get vital support, top notch security protocols and access to the tools you need to scale your business, and all without writing a single line of code.
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3:
- Create – Connect your selected apps to allow them to communicate and share data
- Automate – Automate broadly with multi-step connect flows which will help you create your own workflow
- Enjoy – Now sit back and let your automations do the work for you, saving on time and manpower
- Reasons Why Mobile Apps Fail & How To Avoid Them
- How To Design An Effective Mobile Ad Campaign [An Ultimate Guide]
- 11 Tips & Tricks to Improve Communication with Remote Teams
- Make your own app with this Amazing DIY service Appy Pie
- The Most Successful App Marketing Campaigns[4 Case Studies to Look At]
- How to manage your B2B sales during coronavirus outbreak?
- Best dating apps for 2021 [6 Awesome Options Beyond Tinder]
- Singletons In Swift Explained
- How to Effectively Use Visuals in Your Website and Blogs
- ShipHike – A Mobile App that Lets Your Packages Hitch-Hike. Is This the Beginning of the End for Personal Delivery Giants?
Most Popular Posts
- An Introduction to Graphic Design: What is Graphic Design
By Abhinav Girdhar | October 30, 2019
- 8 Ways Mobile Apps Can Help You *Grow Your Small Business
By Abhinav Girdhar | February 12, 2019
- Working with Codable and JSON in Swift
By Abhinav Girdhar | November 24, 2021
- Networking in Swift with URLSession
By Aasif Khan | November 25, 2021
- How NFTs Grew by More than 26,000% in 2021 versus 2020?
By Snigdha | May 5, 2022