How to Increase Customer Engagement with Chatbots?
Customer engagement – a fickle metric that is way too important to be ignored at any phase of the customer journey. The world is full of distractions. There are thousands of visual and other forms of content being bombarded at consumers. How do you engage customers amid this cacophony of marketers?
Business chatbots have presented themselves as an effective solution for marketers working on improving their customer engagement strategy. In fact, 90% of businesses today create chatbots to respond to requests. Are you ready to join them?
Appy Pie gives you an opportunity to build your own chatbot without coding and in just a few minutes!
Table of Contents
Conversational customer engagement
Conversations are key when you are working on user engagement, and conversational chatbots are getting pretty good at it. Agreed, chatbots can’t replace humans, but they can act like one! With technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), chatbots can make sense of a user query and retrieve the most appropriate response to engage customers. In fact, machines learn from this regular interaction with customers and get better at handling more complex queries from users. This is exactly what humans do as well. And, this is how more engaging conversations are ensuing between chatbots and customers.
Here is an interesting infographic that talks about the use of chatbots in customer engagement.
How business chatbots can increase customer engagement
As chatbot development processes are evolving, conversational chatbots are becoming better at customer engagement. It is for this reason that customer service chatbots have gained massive popularity among businesses of all niches.
Here are a few advantages of chatbots for customer engagement:
- Round-the-clock availability
- Instant resolution for high priority tasks
- Personalized customer service
- Cross-promotion of products/services
- Low learning curve
- Tireless query resolutions
- Better analytics, deeper insights
Once you integrate a chatbot on your website, you have made it possible to extend expert customer service 24/7. Irrespective of the time of the day, your customers can go to your website, enter their queries and get instant response. They don’t need to wait till the following day for your work hours to begin or wait for a reply to the email they wrote hours ago.
Instant gratification is the name of the game today. Your customers are not inclined to be put on hold for even a few minutes, let alone hours, for a reply to their email. Chatbots for businesses have emerged as the perfect solution for enhanced customer engagement. It is because of their instant resolutions. 90% of the customers are looking for instant responses when looking for queries related to customer service. Customer service chatbots can offer this, thus boosting user engagement manifold.
A chatbot has at least one distinct advantage over humans – its ability to sort through massive amounts of data and come up with the required information in a fraction of a second. This ability lets a chatbot come up with all relevant information for a customer the moment they start a conversation. It could be anything from purchase history, saved cards, order status, and more. The conversation that follows will be highly personalized and thus score high on customer engagement.
Chatbots are quite effective in the cross-promotion of products. They can be trained to do this in a non-pushy way (unlike humans). For example, if a customer has a query about a specific product, the chatbot can direct them to an informational article. While doing so, if it is appropriate, the chatbot can suggest a relevant product to the customer to go along with the product they have bought already.
Customers are already familiar with chatting with customer support executives online. Hence, the learning curve for customers to engage with a chatbot is practically flat. Chatbots sit conveniently on the corner of every page of your website so that customers can get instant replies to any query they may have at any moment. It eliminates the need for them to look through the entire website for a single piece of information.
Repetitive queries from a customer can tire or annoy your agents, but not a chatbot. While a human may get bored repeating the answers to the same queries from the same or multiple customers and react in an unprofessional manner, a chatbot will not. It is built to do repetitive tasks as many times as need be. The chatbot will never offend a customer with a flippant remark or evident frustration. Naturally, the customer engagement levels will go higher with a chatbot as opposed to a human agent.
You can add chatbot analytics to record the reactions of your customers to a product or experience. This gives you a detailed database of insights that will help you gauge customer behavior and expectations. These analytics will also give you deep insights into what you can do to improve overall customer engagement.
Tips for using chatbots to improve customer engagement
Like we mentioned earlier in the blog, 90% of businesses use chatbots for business. How many of these businesses do you think leverage chatbots to engage their customers better?
I have compiled some actionable tips for you to use chatbots and improve customer engagement.
- Use chatbot data
- Enhance omnichannel experience
- Personalize conversations
- Manage online bookings and appointments
- Assert stronger brand presence
The conversations you have with your customers are a treasure trove of information. They are literally telling you what they are looking for. The trick here is to simply listen to them. At the most rudimentary level, you can gather information about the customers, like where they come from, how they came to know of you, and what more they expect to find among your offerings. Not only does this give you a fair understanding of your popularity, your audience demographics, but also what more you can do to make your customers happy.
Chatbots are great when it comes to improving your omnichannel experience. When it comes to customer engagement, consistency is paramount. By integrating a chatbot on every channel, you offer great consistency to all your customers. Different customers prefer different media to get in touch with you. On the other hand, some customers go to all your channels looking for as much information as possible. It is your responsibility to offer a consistent experience on all the channels and thus improve overall customer engagement.
A chatbot has copious amounts of information at hand always. Train your chatbot to leverage this information and personalize conversations. Personalization is not limited to salutations with name, but every action they have taken on your website and past purchases and cancellations as well. You can use this information to recommend popular blogs related to their interests and products that they may be interested in. Personalized recommendations have a higher chance of converting into a purchase and engaging the customers better.
Online bookings are quickly becoming the norm, and chatbots are playing a critical role here. Calling up to make a booking is cumbersome and prone to human errors. In the case of IVRs, it can get even more annoying as it never gets your name and other details right. Online booking or appointment chatbots eliminate all the hassle and make the entire process as easy as pie!
Customize your chatbot in a way that it becomes an extension of your brand. Include your logo, use the brand colors, and most importantly, maintain the language and tone of your business language. If you have a playful brand, the chatbot has to follow suit, and if yours is a more serious product, your chatbot must reflect the same.
Appy Pie Chatbot – a brief introduction
Appy Pie Chatbot is a no-code chatbot builder that lets you build a chatbot in minutes! All the advantages and tips that we have talked about earlier can be at your disposal by making a chatbot with Appy Pie. Though there are many chatbot development companies, there are some clear reasons why people choose Appy Pie while creating a chatbot for business.
Here are the reasons why Appy Pie Chatbot is the best chatbot builder for your business:
- No-code chatbot development
- Affordable for companies with a limited budget
- Conversational AI chatbots for higher customer engagement
- Customizable chatbots that can be personalized according to your brand
- Automate actions for increased productivity
- Meaningful integrations for your chatbot to amplify its potential
How to make a chatbot in 3 easy steps?
A chatbot is more than just an automated responder. It can actually act as a customer engagement platform that can help you bolster your customer engagement strategy. However, the technology does intimidate small businesses with smaller budgets and limited resources.
This is why Appy Pie came up with a simple, affordable solution for businesses of all sizes and pockets. The chatbot maker has democratized this cutting-edge technology by making it easy to use and afford.
Here are the steps to create a chatbot in minutes:
- Give your chatbot a name. By giving a name to your chatbot, you make it memorable for users. Make sure the name is in sync with your brand image. Don’t worry! You can change it later.
- Personalize your chatbot. The chatbot layouts are entirely customizable. It means you can change script, colors, fonts, avatar, name, and every element of your chatbot to match your brand visuals.
- Integrate the chatbot on your website. As soon as your chatbot is ready, you can add the chatbot widget to your website easily. Once done, you would be easily able to talk to all your website visitors and engage them in meaningful conversations.
- Apple Revises The Controversial Guideline 4.2.6 Giving A Respite To Template App Owners
- An Introduction to No-Code Development Platforms
- How to Build Website Wireframe Design for Free?
- How internal communication apps can help small businesses fight COVID-19?
- Most Popular App Categories 2021 *Top Mobile Application Categories
- The Definitive Checklist for PWAs
- Free Business Name Generator to Generate Company Name Ideas Online
- What is Application Integration and How does it Work?
- 8 Tips To Get 1 Million Installs For Your App! *(#7 Would Blow Your Mind!)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Microsoft Excel [Formulas, Functions, and Tips]
Most Popular Posts
- How Do App Makers Become Rich in a Year, Month, Week or Overnight?
By Aasif Khan | December 30, 2021
- 5 Amazing Content Marketing Tips to Help You Build Authority & Credibility Online
By Aasif Khan | July 21, 2018
- 11 Must Have Features In Your M-Commerce App
By Abhinav Girdhar | February 1, 2018
- Educational Apps for Kids: Do They Work?
By Abhinav Girdhar | August 29, 2020
- TikTok Comment Bots – What Are They & How Do They Work?
By Neeraj Shukla | February 23, 2023