How to Set NFT Profile Picture on Twitter and Instagram?
NFTs are a new class of blockchain-based assets. They are not cryptocurrencies, but the next generation of crypto-assets that can be owned and transacted on a blockchain platform, meaning they have a fixed supply, verifiable scarcity and transparent history.
NFTs are unique and non-fungible, meaning they are distinct and individualized. These tokens can represent ownership of a physical or digital asset like a CryptoKitty, a piece of land on the moon or a Beanie Baby.
Lately there has been a lot of hype built around NFT profile picture when Twitter launched its NFT profile picture verification. This idea made NFT profile photos a kind of valuable deal among the NFT enthusiasts and artists. Though this kind of hype may or may not be true, but, it is something that needs to be considered.
In this article, we’ll explain what NFT profile picture is, how to make NFT Twitter profile picture, how to set NFT profile picture on Twitter, and how to set NFT profile picture on Instagram.
What is NFT Profile Picture?
NFT profile picture is a graphic image that can be used to represent a Non-Fungible Token (NFT) of any user. It is the image that will be shown on the profile of an NFT owner. Users can know all information about that particular NFT including owner, properties, etc. by simply tapping it.
The profile picture will also be shown in any search results for the specific Non-Fungible Token. For example, the profile picture of a CryptoKitty can be used as the profile picture for CryptoKitty Token.
How to Create Twitter NFT Profile Picture?
You can create NFT Twitter avatars, profile pictures, banners and headers without any coding or designing skills using Appy Pie’s NFT Twitter profile picture maker.
- Go to Appy Pie NFT Generator
Pick a pre-built NFT design template or upload your own NFT artwork
- Add layers and other elements
Make Twitter NFT profile pictures, avatars, banners and headers in no time
- Download or export it in your preferred formats
Upload your NFT profile picture on Twitter instantly without any hassle
How to Set NFT Profile Picture on Twitter?
Recently Twitter announced a new feature that allows users to show off their NFTs in a hexa-shaped profile picture on its platform. However, this feature is currently limited to Twitter Blue subscribers. If you are unaware, the Twitter Blue subscription is a feature that gives users access to Twitter’s premium content, including NFT profile picture.
Although the NFT profile picture option is currently available for Twitter iOS users in a few countries like the U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand only, where Twitter Blue subscription is available, but it’s hype has taken the NFT world by storm. Many Twitter Blue subscribers have already put on their NFTs as their profile picture, while others who aren’t able to access it are simply using screenshots of NFTs to achieve their purpose.
In order to set a NFT profile picture on Twitter, the first thing you need to do is subscribe to Twitter Blue and use it on an iOS device (iPhone/iPad). Once done, you need to temporarily link your wallet to Twitter to upload your NFT as a profile picture.
Here are a few things that you need to know before setting up your NFT profile picture on Twitter –
- Currently, Twitter only supports static JPEG and PNG NFTs minted on the Ethereum blockchain such as ERC-721 AND ERC-1155 tokens
- You can only use the following wallets to connect your profile and verify your NFTs for now.
- Trust Wallet
- Coinbase Wallet
- Ledger Live
Once you have met the prerequisites, follow the steps below to set an NFT profile picture on Twitter.
- Confirm that the NFT you will be using as the profile picture is present in your wallet
- Open Twitter Blue account on iOS device
- Go to Settings and tap “Edit Profile”
- Tap Camera icon
- You will see two options – Upload Photo or Choose NFT. Tap “Choose NFT”
- A page asking you to connect your wallet will open. Tap “Connect my Wallet”
- Once the wallet is connected, Twitter will generate a verification request message to the given wallet address, asking users to complete a signing request with their Twitter handle
- Once done, choose the NFT from your wallet that you want to set as profile picture
- Finally, tap “Done”. Now this NFT will be shown as your profile picture inside a hexagonal frame on Twitter
- To view your NFT details, tap profile picture and press “View NFT Details”. You’ll be able to view information like the NFT’s creator, owner, collection, properties, and much more!
How to Set NFT Profile Picture on Instagram?
Twitter has made the first move to add NFTs as profile pictures on their platform. Following this hype, Meta is also rumored on joining the race by bringing the NFT profile picture feature for all its products including Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, in near future.
With social media adopting the craze of NFTs, NFT owners will now have another platform to show off their NFTs to the world. Since Mark Zuckerberg already discussed the role of NFTs in the metaverse, it would not be a surprise if you see users using verified NFTs as their profile pictures on Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp.
So far, the future of NFT profile pictures is definitely bright. It is initially a great idea that would help brands to show their clients and followers what they are all about. Moreover, it allows users to express themselves the way they see fit. We can only expect a lot of NFT profile pictures in the near future.
Well, what do you think about the future of NFT profile pictures? Let us know in the comments.
- How to Track Student Attendance in Microsoft Teams?
- Best Podcast Hosting Platforms and Sites You Need To Know
- Mobile App Burst Campaigns – Should You, Shouldn’t You!
- How to Maximize Your Income with Amazon Affiliate Marketing?
- Bumble – The Multi-Functional Dating App [A Case Study]
- The 2-Day App Project Plan: Build Your Ideas
- Displaying Alerts with UIAlertController in Swift
- 7 Free Apps to Help You Lose Weight When Gyms are Closed
- Why Student App Development Programs Are Important
- 7 Major Shopify Integrations to Optimize Your eCommerce Store
Most Popular Posts
- Why the Education Industry Should Start Leveraging Knowledge Bases?
By Abhinav Girdhar | June 16, 2020
- How To: Xcode 12 Tutorial for Beginners
By Aasif Khan | November 29, 2021
- A Beginner’s Guide to A/B Testing
By Abhinav Girdhar | April 9, 2018
- What is a Pay Stub? [Top 7 Free Pay Stub generators – 2022]
By Snigdha | August 1, 2022
- How To Add Facebook Live Chat To Your Website in 10 Minutes
By Abhinav Girdhar | October 13, 2021