Discord Text Formatting Guide: Bold, Color, Italic, Strikethrough
Regarded as one of the most popular VOIP apps, Discord has been big within the gaming community for a really long time. In recent times, however, businesses, particularly marketers, have realized this platform’s importance in connecting with their clientele.
In fact, using no-code workflow automation to integrate Discord with other apps amplifies its utility and potential. Appy Pie Connect helps you accomplish just that!
As a beginner to Discord, it can be a confusing and intimidating space till you can figure out what’s going on there. And when you see others on the platform use Discord message formatting and make their text interesting by making the text bold, using strikethrough, or italicizing parts of the messages, you may wonder how it is possible!
If you want to show off your expertise on Discord, you can do so by using some fun fonts or using text formatting options like bold, strikethrough, color, italics, etc. this guide is going to be your Bible!
In this blog, we are going to talk about how to bold text in Discord, how to italicize in Discord, and Discord strikethrough.
Discord text formatting – how to format text in Discord
- Discord Bold – How to bold text in Discord?
- Discord Italics – How to italicize in Discord?
- Discord Strikethrough – How to strikethrough text in Discord?
- Discord Underline – How to underline text in Discord?
Similar to the strong or b tag in WordPress, the Discord Bold option is often used to emphasize any text on Discord messages by making it darker. All you need to do is put a double asterisk before and after the text you want to bold.
E.g., This is how you make your **text bold** on Discord.
There is another way to do this. You can select the text you want to bold and then hold (Ctrl+B) on your Windows PC or (Cmd+B) on your Mac while using Discord.
Quite like the i or em tag in WordPress, this formatting option is useful when you want to slant the text a little to put a subtle emphasis on it. Simply put an asterisk at the start and end of the text you want to italicize.
E.g., This is how you *italicize your text* on Discord.
You can also achieve the same result by selecting the text you want to italicize and then holding (Ctrl+I) on your Windows system or (Cmd+I) on Mac while using Discord.
Just like the strike tag in WordPress, you can strikethrough chosen text on your Discord messages to make it look like you have crossed out some of the text. Doing this will add a horizontal line through the text. You only need to insert two tilde keys (~) at the beginning and end of the text you want to strikethrough.
E.g., This is how you ~~strikethrough your text~~ on Discord.
The other way to do this is by selecting the text you want to strikethrough on Discord and then holding down the “ while using Discord on the PC.
Much like the u tag in WordPress, you can underline the desired text in Discord messages to highlight or emphasize text. On Discord, you can underline text by adding two underscores at the beginning and end.
E.g., This is how you __underline your text__ on Discord.
Another effective way to do this is by selecting the text that you want to emphasize by underlining it. Select the text you want to underline and then hold down (Ctrl+U) on Windows or (Cmd+U) on Mac while using Discord.
How to boost the power of Discord using Appy Pie Connect?
Discord is a cross-platform communication app with immense potential for improving customer communication and marketing strategy. Though the app was designed keeping the gaming community in mind, it has moved beyond that target group of consumers and has become a critical tool for business owners and marketers alike.
However, the potential of this unique platform can further be amplified by setting up several meaningful Discord integrations using Appy Pie Connect.
To integrate Discord with Appy Pie Connect, you only need to follow these simple steps below:
- Go to Appy Pie Connect.
- Log into your account or create an account if you don’t have one already.
- Search for the Discord App in the App Directory on the platform.
- Select the desired trigger event from the list.
- Click on ‘Connect an Account’ and enter the Discord account API key to authorize Appy Pie Connect.
- Your Discord app is now ready to connect with hundreds of apps listed on Appy pie Connect.
- Working with Files on iOS with Swift
- Top Museum Apps to bring you closer to art
- Top 10 Best Voice Recorder Software for Free
- How a small business can save up to $100k?
- 9 Excellent Food Photography Ideas that You Can Try at Home
- 9 Key Tips for Writing Great Customer FAQs
- How to Create an App Like Fox News?
- How to Become a Mobile App Reseller?
- Get Started with Xcode Playgrounds
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) in Swift
Most Popular Posts
- 10 Best Todoist Integrations That Will Boost Your Productivity
By Abhinav Girdhar | November 1, 2022
- Creative Collage Ideas That You Must Try
By Jinsen John | September 3, 2021
- How To Generate a Random Unique Identifier with UUID in Swift
By Aasif Khan | December 10, 2021
- How Chatbots Help Businesses Find Customer Insights
By Abhinav Girdhar | February 7, 2021
- How to Design a Good Business Card? [Tips & Tricks]
By Abhinav Girdhar | October 1, 2020