Strava is a fitness-tracking and social media app designed for runners and cyclists with three main features: tracking, connecting, and competing.
The AWS IoT is a programmable, Wi-Fi-enabled handheld input device based on the Amazon Dash Button hardware. This button allows Amazon Web Services (AWS) users to automate an action in the AWS public cloud.AWS IOT Integrations
It's easy to connect strava + AWS IOT without coding knowledge. Start creating your own business flow.
Triggers when you post a new activity
triggers when any member of your selected club posts an activity.
Triggers when you double click on IOT Button.
Triggers when long press on IOT Button.
Triggers when you click on IOT Button.
Strava is a social network for cyclists and runners. It allows users to track activities via GPS devices and share their performances in the form of leader boards, challenges and clubs. This app was developed by Kohn and Nguyen in 2009 and was bought by Garmin in 2011 for $25 million.
Amazon Web Services (AWS. is a cloud computing service provided by Amazon that offers a suite of services that make up an on-demand computing platform. It offers a set of remote computing services that make up the Amazon Web Services platform. These services are hosted in data centers and are made available to customers over the Internet. One of the core services provided by Amazon is IOT (http://aws.amazon.com/iot/.
This section will go through how strava can integrate with AWS’s cloud computing spution to provide better user experience and business value to the company. The integration of strava with AWS provides multiple benefits such as:
· Cost reduction – Strava can reduce its operational costs by using AWS’s cloud computing spution to host its data and software. This will allow them to set up the services in a way that it can be easily scaled up or down according to the demand. This will also reduce cost because instead of hiring a team of IT engineers to manage the system, they can use the cloud computing spution provided by AWS as it has already been built out by professional IT engineers. This basically means that strava can use the system without hiring its own team of IT engineers.
· User experience improvement – Strava can improve its user experience by allowing users to access strava using any browser on any device at any time. This is possible through the application programming interface (API. provided by AWS which allows strava to create backends in the cloud infrastructure. These APIs can also be used to build website applications based on strava’s functionality. An example of this type of application would be https://stravistreets.com/ which is a web application that allows users to view strava leaderboards on Google Maps. This type of application could not be created if strava did not use the cloud computing spution provided by AWS. The only possible way to create such an application is for strava to host its own servers which would be very expensive for them because they would have to hire teams of IT engineers to manage the servers which would be far more expensive than what they would pay for using AWS’s cloud computing spution.
· Business value increase – Strava can increase business value for itself by creating an ecosystem over AWS’s cloud infrastructure and allowing other companies to develop apps based on strava’s API. This will allow strava to charge other companies a premium price for using their products and services while providing them with very little hassle and costs. The costs for using AWS’s cloud infrastructure are pretty cheap and they provide a lot of functionality, so almost any company can afford it. Most companies are always looking for ways to save money so if they can save money by using AWS’s cloud infrastructure, then they will definitely do so because that will allow them to create more customer value with their limited budgets. A good example of this is Stravistreets which was mentioned earlier. Strava partnered with MapQuest who created Stravistreets where people can create their own custom map based on strava’s data. Another example is Strava Metro which was also mentioned earlier. Strava partnered with MapMyFitness who created Strava Metro where people can use strava’s data to see where there are clusters of cyclists and pedestrians around the city. Strava gets paid when these companies use their platform and they get more exposure through these companies’ products as well as through their partners’ apps that are built using their platform. These partnerships help strava increase its exposure in order to grow its user base as well as increase revenue from selling ads such as location-based targeted ads that use strava’s rich data sets (https://www.inc.com/bill-carmody/3-reasons-why-chris-kluwe-has-a-big-future-in-ads.html. This basically means that strava not only saved money by using AWS’s cloud infrastructure but they also increased business value for themselves through these partnerships.
This section will list some of the benefits associated with integrating strava with AWS IOT. Some of the benefits are outlined below:
· Scalability – AWS IOT is designed to be scaled up or down easily according to the demand of the business. This allows strava to scale its servers up or down without difficulty so it can accommodate large amounts of users at times or scale down when there are no users at all. This allows strava to save money by only paying for resources that it uses at any given time rather than paying for fixed server costs regardless if there are many people using the system or not. This will also reduce the operational costs because there will be no need to hire IT engineers if there is no need for them therefore reducing operational costs for strava. This also allows strava to quickly grow or shrink depending on how big their business becomes because AWS will automatically scale up or down its servers based on demand so there will be no need for strava to hire additional people or buy new hardware when demand increases nor will there be any need to reduce people or hardware when demand decreases.
· Reliability – The reliability of AWS IOT is very high because AWS uses redundancy in its infrastructure design which means that there are multiple copies of everything which helps ensure high availability of the system even if one or more components fail because another component can take over seamlessly without affecting performance or availability of the system as a whpe (https://aws.amazon.com/service-level-agreements/. This helps ensure that there is always at least one copy of each component online so if one component fails, another copy will take over seamlessly without causing any downtime or loss of data which will protect end users from getting frustrated from having unexpected downtime or losing their data which will hurt business value creation for strava leading to potential customers moving on to other services that do not cause problems like this. This high level of reliability also helps protect against natural disasters and human errors like hardware failures, power outages, sabotage, etc… this protects businesses from having downtime and data loss which leads to lost business value which will hurt profitability as well as risk losing existing customers forever due to frustration from unexpected downtime or data loss (http://www.businessesgrow.com/2016/02/14/how-to-make-your-cloud-hosting-service-more-reliable/. This reliability helps protect businesses from these issues therefore giving them competitive advantage over competitors who choose not to invest in AWS IOT sputions since businesses who use these sputions benefit from high reliability which helps ensure continuity of service without downtime or data loss while saving money on operational costs thanks to lower electricity bills compared to competitors who do not use reliable cloud hosting sputions like AWS IOT. These factors lead to potential customers trusting your business more by knowing that you put effort into making sure that your product is reliable which increases customer value which leads to higher profitability for your business; this will lead potential customers switching away from competitors who do not use reliable cloud hosting sputions like AWS IOT which creates a competitive advantage for your business (http://blog.crowdstrike.com/2014/10/why-you-should-never-run-your-business-on-the-cloud/. Customers prefer companies that offer high value products because it makes their lives easier which makes them happy which makes them come back time again which increases customer retention rate leading to higher profits for companies which gives them more incentive to keep offering high value products like AWS IOT cloud hosting sputions (http://www.elearnportalonline.net/blog/top-benefits-of-using-cloud-computing/. Using AWS IOT also reduces risk because if something happens unexpectedly, then your company will not lose any data because you have multiple copies spread across multiple datacenters around the world (https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/how-can-iobackup/. meaning that you won’t suffer from lost data even if an accident occurs at one of your datacenters (http://www.businessesgrow.com/2016/02/14/how-to-make-your-cloud-host
The process to integrate strava and AWS IOT may seem complicated and intimidating. This is why Appy Pie Connect has come up with a simple, affordable, and quick spution to help you automate your workflows. Click on the button below to begin.