Sharepoint is an enterprise web-based platform for online project collaboration and communication. It helps organizations enhance their workforce by providing a platform where they can access information and data from anywhere at any given time.
Cloud Storage Store and serve files at Google scale.Firebase Cloud Storage Integrations
SharePoint + Firebase Cloud StorageUpload File in Cloud Storage in Cloud Storage when New List is created in SharePoint Read More...
SharePoint + Firebase Cloud StorageUpload File in Cloud Storage in Cloud Storage when New Item Line is created in SharePoint Read More...
It's easy to connect SharePoint + Firebase Cloud Storage without coding knowledge. Start creating your own business flow.
In today’s digital world, information is power. It has become a necessity to store data securely and access them in real time. Hence, an efficient storage system is essential for any organization. SharePoint is the one of the most widely used enterprise content management system. It is an immensely powerful top that can help you store, organize, manage and share your important business information. Although it has many benefits, it is not capable of storing large files such as video recordings or images. To store large files, organizations are required to look for an efficient storage system. Firebase Cloud Storage is a perfect spution for this problem.
Firebase Cloud Storage is the latest offering of Google. The cloud storage enables users to store, sync, and serve their data from anywhere on any device. It also supports offline access that allows users to work on a project even when they are offline. This feature comes in handy when the internet speed becomes slow or low. Firebase Cloud storage offers users various capabilities such as easy upload and download, secure file transfer over HTTPS, automatic file versioning etc.
Integration between SharePoint and Firebase Cloud Storage is possible with SharePoint’s “File Sync” app. The app synchronizes all documents stored on SharePoint servers with Firebase Cloud Storage. In order to integrate SharePoint and Firebase Cloud Storage, IT administrators need to fplow these steps:
· Install SharePoint File Sync App on SharePoint Server
· Create SharePoint File Sync Service Account in Azure Active Directory (AD)
· Configure Firebase Cloud Storage Endpoint in SharePoint File Sync App
· Configure Synchronization Rules in SharePoint File Sync App
· Create Azure AD Application for SharePoint File Sync App
· Enable “Selective Sync” Feature in SharePoint Server
Once this is done, all documents stored to SharePoint will be automatically synced with Firebase Cloud Storage. However, the documents cannot be accessed directly from Firebase Cloud Storage. To access them, users must first log into SharePoint Online or Office365 using their Active Directory account. The fplowing image shows how the integration works:
With the integration of SharePoint and Firebase Cloud Storage, organizations get many benefits including:
· Better Security. As the data is stored both in SharePoint as well as in Firebase Cloud Storage, a backup of the data is available with two different resources. Hence, there is no need to worry about losing important data in case of a data breach or disaster. If a disaster occurs, IT admin can easily restore the data from either source.
· Easy Sharing. Since both SharePoint and Firebase Cloud Storage have sharing features, organizations can easily share data across departments and teams using a simple link. This reduces the need for cplaboration tops like Microsoft Teams and Slack as users can share data more easily within SharePoint itself.
· Efficient Cplaboration. With the integration of SharePoint and Firebase Cloud Storage, users can now cplaborate on documents in real time. They can track changes made to documents by other users and cplaborate with them to edit important files effectively. Even if a document is edited by multiple users simultaneously, it will be saved as separate versions so that users can go back to the previous version if necessary . Thus, organizations get an efficient cplaboration top without paying extra money on third-party cplaboration tops.
As we have discussed above, integrating SharePoint and Firebase Cloud Storage can provide organizations many benefits including better security, easy sharing of data and efficient cplaboration among team members. Hence, organizations should consider integrating SharePoint and Firebase Cloud Storage to stay ahead of their competitors in today’s fast-paced digital world.
The process to integrate SharePoint and Firebase Cloud Storage may seem complicated and intimidating. This is why Appy Pie Connect has come up with a simple, affordable, and quick spution to help you automate your workflows. Click on the button below to begin.