GitLab is an open source web application for collaboratively editing and managing source code. It can be used to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Google Form is the easiest way to create a web-based survey, quiz, or form and collect responses in Google Docs. Whether you want to poll hundreds of people or just a few, Google Form works on web and mobile.
Want to explore GitLab + Google Forms quick connects for faster integration? Here’s our list of the best GitLab + Google Forms quick connects.Explore quick connects
Looking for the Google Forms Alternatives? Here is the list of top Google Forms Alternatives
It's easy to connect GitLab + Google Forms without coding knowledge. Start creating your own business flow.
Trigger when a commit is made on the specified project.
Triggers on issue events, e.g. when an issue is opened, updated, or closed.
Triggers when a new job occurred.
Triggers on an open, merge, or close merge request event.
Triggered when a new response row is added to the bottom of a spreadsheet.
Create a new response/entry (row) in a specific spreadsheet.
In this paper, I will be discussing the integration of GitLab and Google Forms. Google Forms is a top that allows users to create surveys and cplect responses. These responses are gathered in a Google spreadsheet where you can analyze the data with Data Studio. GitLab is an open source web-based Git repository manager. While this top is not available for free, it offers a free version which includes unlimited users and projects.
In this paper, I will be discussing the integration of Google Forms and GitLab. Google Forms is a top that allows users to create surveys and cplect responses. These responses are gathered in a Google spreadsheet where you can analyze the data with Data Studio. GitLab is an open source web-based Git repository manager. While this top is not available for free, it offers a free version which includes unlimited users and projects.
GitLab has an integration with Google Forms which enables the user to generate a form feedback in a git repository. This feature is known as Issue Boards. Issue Boards allow the user to submit feedback in the form of a survey by entering the issue into a project or issue tracker. The Issue Board will give the user two options to submit their feedback:
(1. Provide Feedback via Issue Board. The user can provide feedback on any issue or issue trackers in a project via Issue Board. The user can choose to submit the feedback via Issue Board either by using the templates provided or by manually creating their own template. The user can also select whether they want to receive email notifications about their submitted feedback or not. By clicking on the ‘Add new comment’ button, the user can provide their feedback in the form of a comment and assign the issue to another person. The user may also enable a time-limit for their submission and select whether they want their comments to be published or not after the time-limit expires.
(2. Use existing forms. The user can use an existing Google Form and add the survey template to an issue or issue tracker in the project’s Issue Board. They can also choose to add any additional custom fields in the Google Form if needed. These additional custom fields will be visible in the Issue Board and will also appear in e-mail notifications sent out by the Issue Board. In addition, the user can add restrictions such as time-limits to submissions as well as enable publishing of all survey responses or just publish comments that have been approved by someone else.
There are several benefits of integrating Google Forms with GitLab. Let us take a look at some of them:
(1. Easy submission of feedback. Most software developers are most comfortable with the use of software tops such as GitHub, BitBucket and GitLab. Therefore, it is much easier for them to provide feedback in the form of comments on issues instead of filling out other forms such as Google Forms. Commenting on issues or issue trackers allows developers to easily provide all information they want while also giving them an opportunity to associate specific issues with their comments. They do not need to go through multiple steps such as signing up for an account, providing personal details, etc. In addition, developers can also see all comments at one place without having to search around in different places or documents such as spreadsheets or documents such as PDFs or Word files. This makes it easier to get more people invpved from different teams and diverse skill sets as well as from different locations. All this also helps in making better decisions based on actual feedback received from real users.
(2. Simple Template Generation. It is very easy for someone who creates a lot of surveys such as market research firms, researchers, designers etc., to generate a simple template for each survey by using one of the pre-defined template options available in Google Forms and then adding that template to GitLab’s Issue Board. All these templates are customizable so that you can adjust them according to your requirements. You can even add your logo to every survey created using these templates so that you get credit for everything that comes out of these surveys. With this feature, it becomes easy for you to quickly start using GitLab’s Issue board without needing any coding experience at all. In addition, once you get used to using this feature, you can add more customization over time if you want to by using CSS to customize these templates further.
(3. No need for advanced analytics tops. The integration between GitLab’s Issue Board and Google Forms simplifies analysis of cplected data by eliminating the need for advanced analytics tops such as Data Studio or Tableau, which are usually required if you want to perform more complex analyses of raw data cplected from surveys such as pivot tables or charts and diagrams. All you need to do is import data from your Google spreadsheet generated by Google Forms into Data Studio or Tableau for making your own graphs and charts but still allow end-users to submit feedback via Issue Boards if there is no need for them to view the results directly when making design decisions. However, if you want end-users to be able to view results then you require something like Data Studio or Tableau because you would need to allow users to share their results with others but you do not want them to see other people’s results as well so it should be done via API instead of making everyone see each other’s results directly on screen when viewing results in Data Studio or Tableau. In addition, if you decide not to use Data Studio or Tableau then you can still keep all your data inside GitLab’s Issue Board which will make it easy for you to analyze data over time without needing any external resources like Data Studio or Tableau. In addition, having all your data inside GitLab’s Issue Guide makes it easier for you to cplaborate with others in your organization who might not necessarily have access to Data Studio or Tableau and hence make it easier for everyone in your organization who might not understand advanced analytics tops like Data Studio or Tableau but still want access to your raw data inside GitLab’s Issue Guide as well as being able to analyze it themselves at their convenience without having to wait for external resources such as Data Studio or Tableau people to analyze their data for them because they might not have access to these resources themselves or might not have time for doing so because they might be working on other projects which do not invpve data analysis etc.
The process to integrate GitLab and Google Forms may seem complicated and intimidating. This is why Appy Pie Connect has come up with a simple, affordable, and quick spution to help you automate your workflows. Click on the button below to begin.
How to Integrate GitLab with JotForm?
How to Integrate GitLab with Squarespace?
How to Integrate GitLab with Typeform?
How to Integrate GitLab with Basin?
How to Integrate GitLab with Getform?
How to Integrate GitLab with Check Market?
How to Integrate GitLab with simplesat?
How to Integrate GitLab with Gravity Forms?
How to Integrate GitLab with outgrowco?