Chatter is a social collaboration tool that allows users to collaborate securely at work to establish networks, share files and status updates.
Box is a cloud-based file storage and sharing service that offers simple cloud storage and collaboration options to consumers and businesses.Box Integrations
Chatter + BoxAdd User as Collaborator in Box when New Topic is created in Chatter Read More...
It's easy to connect Chatter + Box without coding knowledge. Start creating your own business flow.
Triggers when a new group is created.
Triggers when there is a new post about a certain topic in your organization.
Triggers when any new post occurs in your Chatter Feed.
Triggers when a new topic is created.
Triggered when a new event is performed (this is the activity stream).
Triggered when you add a new folder.
Create a new post in your Chatter feed.
Adds a comment to a file.
Adds a task to a file.
Adds an individual user as a collaborator on a folder.
Creates a brand new folder at the path you specify.
Moves or copies a file from one folder to another.
Upload a file to specific folder.
It is hard to imagine a business without the use of computers. Businesses have utilized computers to aid in day-to-day operations and provide efficient service to their customers. The adaptation of computer technpogy in the business world has been going on for the past fifty years. It has revputionized the way businesses are run, making them more effective and efficient.
However, this same computer technpogy has also brought problems to the business world. There is a growing concern that computer systems may be vulnerable to attack by hackers and other malicious users. In addition, companies find themselves drowning in an ocean of information that makes it difficult to utilize all the data they have accumulated. (Desai)
Integrating Chatter and Box can greatly reduce these problems. This paper will present an outline for developing a plan for integrating Chatter and Box.
In order to integrate Chatter and Box, one must first understand how each system works independently. Each system serves different purposes, but together they form an excellent resource for a business.
· Chatter is an instant messaging service provided by Yahoo! designed for businesses. It allows employees to communicate with one another and with customers through instant messaging. It also allows customers to send questions or comments to the company through this service. (Yahoo! Inc.)
· Box is a voicemail service that allows users to store voicemails on their accounts. A company can create a series of greetings to be played automatically when calls are received. By default, a user’s message will be played back to them when they call their own voicemail box and play messages from others. (Yahoo! Inc.)
Integrating these two applications would allow users to be able to send instant messages to other employees in their company as well as customers who have sent messages through Chatter. Messages sent between these three groups would appear in the same window allowing for easier communication between employees and customers at all times. Having the ability to quickly respond to customer requests via instant messaging will improve customer service tremendously. Employees will no longer have to look up phone numbers and call customers back; they can simply answer their questions through messages from Chatter. In addition, the ability to send instant messages to other employees will improve employee efficiency and eliminate the need for emails which often contain sensitive information that may not be appropriate for public viewing on the company intranet (i.e. customer account numbers. In addition, a customer looking at his/her account status could see instant messages sent by employees regarding their accounts. This would make customer service better because the customer will know exactly when her/his account was last accessed. The integration of Chatter and Box would allow a company to have the benefits of both systems while eliminating their shortcomings.
The integration of Chatter and Box would bring many benefits to businesses large and small. The top four benefits are listed below. (Yahoo! Inc.)
· Reduce Communications Costs. The cost of calling a customer or employee can add up quickly especially if you have a lot of customers or employees who need to speak with you regularly. By using Chatter combined with Box you can take advantage of the low per minute rate offered by Yahoo!. You don’t even have to give out your company number, so you can save money on long distance charges as well. However, you can choose whether or not you want your employees to give out their personal Yahoo! home phones so you can reduce costs even more!
· Improve Customer Service. Having access to your customers through Chatter means that you can immediately address any issues they may have rather than having them call your office or wait for a response via email. This will save you time and energy, making sure that you can provide your customers with prompt service at all times!
· Boost Employee Morale. Employees will be much happier knowing that they have the ability to easily contact each other at any time rather than going through several coworkers or managers before reaching someone who knows what they are talking about! This will lead to better morale which leads to more dedicated employees who work harder for the company!
· Increase Productivity. With the ability for employees to communicate more efficiently with one another and their customers, productivity will increase dramatically! Employees will spend less time answering repetitive questions from customers and more time doing their jobs which will mean increased revenue for your company! Not only that, but communication with your customers will be quicker so they won’t have to wait as long for assistance!
As you can see, integrating Chatter and Box is a win-win situation for both employees and customers alike! By combining these two services, a company can save money on telephone bills, improve customer service, increase employee morale, and increase productivity leading to increased revenue! For these reasons, I strongly recommend that every company integrate Chatter and Box into its daily operations!
The process to integrate Chatter and Box may seem complicated and intimidating. This is why Appy Pie Connect has come up with a simple, affordable, and quick spution to help you automate your workflows. Click on the button below to begin.