How to Create a Church Website for Free in 3 Easy Steps?
Follow three simple steps to create your own church website:
Write your website name
Choose a unique name for your church website
Add your preferred features
Create your church website and add your preferred features to it
Publish your website
Test your church website and launch it
What pages are essential for a Church website?
Last Updated on October 5th, 2020
Church Website should have all the information related to the ministries, upcoming events and type of services and programs it offers. This will make congregation members a lot more comfortable visiting the church in person, as they would have an idea of what type of ministry and services they will experience. The essential pages that should be a part of a church website, are stated below:
- Home Page
- Ministries and Staff
- Service Information
- About Us
This page includes a brief introduction to the church, the schedules for the upcoming events and Communion services. The page shows church contact details and also a brief Mission Statement. Design this page as it is positive and extends open arms to portray a message of hope and community.
Every church has a staff or the ministry that takes care of the church activities and events to be held. The details of different ministries are mentioned on this page. It includes education commission, crossing guards, scouts, altar servers and many more authorities’ details.
This is an important page to be created on a church website as worship is an essential element of a Christian’s faith. This page shows the worship schedule and detailed information for the visitors seeking spiritual guidance.
A church provides different types of services as marriage, anointing of the sick, baptism, ushers, tuition credit programs and many more. This page includes the detailed information related to the services provided by the church.
This page on the website includes the information about the history and background of the church. The detailed Mission Statement and Contact details are mentioned on this page.
Why you should use Appy Pie’s Website Builder for a Church Website?
A website doesn’t need code when created with Appy Pie website builder. Designing is codeless and pages can be added by simply dragging and dropping.
Appy Pie website builder creates light websites that open fast and ensures a seamless user experience. Light and fast-opening websites are also SEO friendly making ranking in Google a piece of cake.
The websites made with Appy Pie are SEO friendly and make ranking in Google an easy affair.
Purchase your own domain
Smart Assistant of Appy Pie assists you in buying your own domain. Have your domain with you instantaneously.
The company has a dedicated team of developers that develop websites from scratch in the least available time. With Appy Pie, a new website can be online within hours.
The company has immediate customer support, if anything goes wrong. The tutorials, FAQs and guides are also available.
Why you need to make a Church website?
A church website should provide the adequate information to people who attend the church or people who might. People usually visit the church nearby. The website makes this easy for the visitors as it shows complete address of the church.
A website helps the visitors to explore serving opportunities at church, to connect with their community and congregation forward useful information like sign-up forms, podcasts, blog posts, social media links, recorded sermons, etc. It keeps the visitors well-informed and active in the activities happening at the church and the events and programs church is organizing.
Calendars, bulletins and information about programs can simply be uploaded and shared on the website instead of spending a lot of money printing out or sending out email every month. Most of the work is done with the website that has become the best way to keep the visitors updated.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the major purposes of creating a church website.
- Allocate a Central Platform to Share Up-to-Date Service Programs and Events Calendars
- Showcase Your Church’s Community Involvement
- Keep Your Congregation Engaged and Active
- Introduce the Public to Your Programs and Leadership
- Welcome Outsiders to Your Ministry and Congregation
- Receive Digital Contributions and Donations
- Provide Spiritual Content with Podcasts, Recordings, Blog Posts, etc.
Appy Pie’s Church Website Builder is the best website builder for Churches.
Here is how you can create a church website for free –
- Go to appypie.com, select Website and click on Get Started or go to Appy Pie Website and click on Get Started
- Enter the business name and click on Next
- Select the category that best meets your business needs
- Pick a color scheme of your liking
- Click on Save & Continue
- If you own an Appy Pie account, login, else create an account
- Please wait while your website is getting ready. It is the mobile version of your church website.
- Click on Preview Website
- On this page, you will get 2 options – ‘Back to My Website’ and ‘Configuration’
- Click on ‘Back to My Website’ and it will take you to My Websites page
- Click on the ‘View More’ tab next to your website name
- You will be taken to the Website Overview Page. Click on ‘Edit’
- You will be redirected to the design customization section. Here you can modify the visual appearance of your church website and add your preferred features
- Click on Save & Continue
- Click on ‘Configuration’ to connect the website with the domain
- Buy a new domain or connect with your existing domain and make your church website live in no time
Here are a few things every church website must include.
- Online giving
- Pictures of your church
- Staff profiles
- Service times
- Location Information
- Contact information
- An about page
- Opportunities to get involved
- Event Promotions
Here are the major elements of an excellent church website.
- Engaging Design
- Clear Vision
- Compelling Calls to Action
- Sound Information Architecture
- Authentic Content