7 Best Calendar Apps for Android & iOS in 2019
Time is something that you can never get back. If you lose money or a valuable item, you might get a chance to get it all back; but a wasted minute cannot be retrieved. Everything we’re are doing today is connected to time. In this overly competitive world, human life is dictated by a unit of time:
- Teachers give students a timeframe to complete homework
- Publishers give writers deadlines
- Clients give companies projects with deadlines
- A workshop owner gives you a time estimate to repair your car
- When you order your favorite dress online, your chosen eCommerce store will give you an expected delivery date
- Google maps gives you an estimated time frame indicating the time you will reach your destination
Everything takes time. If you let time get away from you, you might fail to achieve your goals. But not everyone understands the value of time until it teaches them. When you enter the professional world, time becomes more important. Failing to manage time in professional life can result in:
- Missed project deadlines
- Lack of professionalism
- Lower productivity
- Poor mental and physical well-being
- Meagre increment and less growth opportunity
- Bad professional reputation
- Work and personal life imbalance
- Increased stress levels
Time is not only important for employees, entrepreneurs, and students, but is equally important for all kinds of people living on the planet. There are people who complain that they don’t have time to do things properly. They blame lack of time for their quality of work, poor finances, stress, bad relationships, and everything that is beyond their reach. They just forget that everyone whether rich or poor has the same number of hours in a day. It is just management that makes you different from others. Wise time management can skyrocket your personal and professional success, enabling you to achieve what you desire with less effort.
There are lots of different ways to tackle the issue of time management but having the best calendar app installed on your smartphone, tablet or PC can make a world of difference to your time management. A calendar app will help you stay on top of upcoming appointments and events, whether they’re personal or work related. There are calendar apps that offer a variety of extra features, from event management and social features to highly customizable dashboard to keep you on track.
What Are the Criteria for Choosing the Best Calendar App?
There are hundreds of calendar apps available on Google Play and App Store, however you should download one that suits your specific needs. What’s good for personal time management, isn’t necessarily good for professional purposes. Nobody knows your requirement better than you, hence you must choose a calendar app that meets all your time management needs. Nevertheless, there are some basic characteristics that you should always look for in a calendar app, including:
- Ease of Use. A Calendar app must be easy to use with minimum exploration while providing you with at-a-glance views of upcoming activities by day, week or month. It shouldn’t take more than a minute to add reminders or events.
- Flexible and Scalable. A calendar should be flexible so that you can customize it the way you want. To make you more productive, your calendar app should easily integrate with your task management apps.
- Simple to share. You should choose a calendar app that has a sharing feature. With sharing feature, you can allow other people to see your schedule for better collaboration.
- Available for multiple devices. Your calendar app should be accessible on more than one platform so that you can see your calendar no matter where you are and what device you have at hand.
- Maps integrations: Your calendar should seamlessly integrate with maps so that you can get step-by-step navigation and traffic conditions in advance. This feature will help you reach your meeting venue conveniently.
- Notifications and alerts: One of the most critical features for a calendar app is that it must be capable of sending customizable notifications and alerts, so that you can stay on top of your schedule.
- Designed with intention: Above all else, your calendar app should be designed with a specific purpose that addresses your particular needs.
With these criteria in mind, we have listed the 10 most popular calendar apps available for both iOS and Android users
Top 7 Calendar Apps for Android & iOS
Google Calendar (Android, iOS, Web)
Google Calendar is one of the best amongst cross-platform calendar apps. It is basically a master calendar that allows you to have a separate calendar for personal, business, holidays and anything else that seems necessary to you. The Google Calendar app helps you spend less time managing your schedule and more time enjoying it. It works seamlessly with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange. To make life easier, Google Calendar not only integrates with other calendar apps, but also business apps and services that have calendars as part of their features, such as Trello and Asana. Although the Gmail users will likely benefit the most from this app, as events mentioned in your email, like hotel reservations, flight times and other appoints automatically populate to your calendar, it is equally preferred by other platform users too.
- Intuitive web interface and calendar add-ons
- Allows you to organize your events and plans on the go
- View events belonging to multiple calendars or groups in one location
- View and edit your tasks and events on the go
- You can sync your schedule across platforms and devices, so that you can use it from any device you have
- You can share your Google calendar with other users
- Provides daily, weekly, and monthly views, with a seamless toggle between them.
Jorte Calendar (Android and iOS)
As one of the few true cross-platform calendar rivals to Google Calendar, Jorte has an easy to use design with a natural and intuitive flow. It has a clean calendar display which is viewable in weekly, monthly and daily view. The important schedules on the calendar are highlighted in red to make it easy for you to view. Every schedule or to do item can be exported to CSV file and can be synchronized easily with Google Calendar. It has multiple customizable options and can also be integrated with many other calendars, note-taking apps, and task managers. It also integrates easily with Evernote, Microsoft Office, and Google Task. available for smartphones under iOS, Android, and Windows, as well as a web app called Jorte Cloud, it recommended leading websites and newspapers across the world.
- Monthly, daily, vertical, and weekly views are available
- Easy sync option for Google Calendar with voice control option
- Allows you to easily create your own personalized calendar and task manager
- Lets you import event information such as sports schedules, weather data, movie and music release dates into your Jorte app
- Its countdown feature allows you to see how many days are left for an event on the calendar
- Adjustable Font Size.
TimeTree (Android, iOS, Web)
TimeTree is a great collaborative calendar app for families and groups. It allows users to easily create multiple calendars for different areas of their life such as work, friends, family, and groups or organizations they belong to. With the ability to sync with Google Calendar, Outlook, Apple Calendar, it helps you to accomplish your list without being distracted by other to-do items. You can create separate family, work, and social calendars with color-coded events that can be viewed on a weekly or monthly basis.
- You can keep a track of your schedule, events and appointments, with at-a-glance views of upcoming activities on a weekly or monthly basis.
- You can share your calendars and schedule with friends, family and colleagues
- You can easily connect it with other calendars to stay up to date with work schedules, family and school events etc.
- Reminders can be delivered to everyone in the group keeping everyone on their toes
- Not limited to the admin only, all members can add and edit events
Cal by Any.do
The best calendar app for life & work, Cal by Any.do is ideal for those who want to organize all their calendar events, reminders, tasks and grocery lists in one place. It’s the best way to manage your time and achieve your ambitious goals. It allows you to manage your day, week and month with calendar events and tasks in a single view. This app integrates perfectly with other calendars such as Google Calendar, iCloud, Outlook and more. Best of all, it syncs seamlessly across all of your devices, making your to-do list accessible everywhere.
- Manage your time effectively by reviewing your tasks and events in a single view
- Works with all your calendars including Google Calendar, Outlook, Yahoo and Exchange
- Syncs in real time, across all your devices
- Easily share your grocery lists with family and friends
- Add repeat reminders for recurring activities, appointments & events
- Use location-based reminders for on-the-spot notifications
Cozi (Android, iOS, Web, Windows)
Cozi is a fantastic calendar app helping you to keep your life in sync. As you create an event, you can select who gets reminder notifications. Different family members get a different colored dot, so you can easily see who is doing what and when. You can click to view the calendar for all, or just one family member. It can be integrated with other calendar services such as Google and Apple Calendar and Outlook.
- Easy to use color-coded calendar
- You can view an individual’s schedule or the schedule for the whole family at once
- You can add or edit appointments that everyone in the family can see
- Create and send an agenda for the upcoming week to family members.
- Accessible from all your devices
Microsoft Outlook Calendar (Android, iOS, macOS, Windows)
If you’re a Windows user, then Microsoft’s very own Outlook Calendar is the best for you. It integrates seamlessly with Windows 10 and uses the same Microsoft account you use to log into Windows. Microsoft Outlook Calendar is easy to use with simple and comprehensive features, covering everything you need for scheduling or creating an event. With Outlook Calendar, you can access and manipulate your calendar events with greater ease, anyway you want. It’s free, but if you subscribe to Microsoft’s Office 365 service then you get premium features that makes it an essential business calendar app as well.
- You can now easily share all the events in your calendar with anyone who has an Outlook.com or Office 365 account
- Automatically adds dinner reservations and other events from your Outlook.com account
- You can turn an appointment into a meeting by adding attendees.
- You can easily view your monthly, weekly, or daily calendar and create recurring events
- Accessible from all your devices
Tiny Calendar (Android and iOS)
Tiny Calendar is an intuitive calendar app that works well with both, Google Calendar and iOS calendar. Tiny Calendar has features like nature language input, drag and drop, and smart features to predict your intention and help you create and edit your events with greater ease. When it comes to viewing your event, Tiny Calendar provides 8 standard views – day, week, month, 4-days, year, mini-month, week agenda and agenda. With Tiny Calendar, you can create, edit and delete events even when you don’t have an internet connection.
- It easily syncs directly with Google Calendar and also works with iOS local calendar
- You can create, edit and delete events even when you don’t have an internet connection
- It provides eight different views so that at any point in time you know how busy you’re going to be
- You can even choose various alert options, such as SMS or push notification
- You can easily send out event invites to others without having to use any other app
Connect Your Calendars to Other Apps Without Any Coding
No matter how much you love your calendar app, but you definitely do not want to spend too much time in adding events or appointments on it. If it takes you a few minutes or hours, to add events on a calendar, then you should automate it. With Appy Pie Connect, you can easily integrate your calendar to any other app you use, including email, to-do lists, project management apps. For example, Create Google Calendar Events from Asana Tasks or Create Asana tasks for every Google Calendar event. Appy Pie Connect allows you to connect your calendar with other apps in a matter of minutes, all without writing a single line of code.
Most Popular Posts
- Top Tips To Develop An Enterprise Mobile App
By Snigdha | December 12, 2017
- How to get your app published to the iOS store?
By Aasif | March 17, 2017
- In-app payments for retail rose 57% in a year
By Aasif | August 31, 2017
- Reasons Why Retailer Mobile App Use Has Doubled
By Lalit | August 28, 2018
- How to Incorporate Minimalistic Design in Your Mobile App?
By Abs | September 11, 2018