A: Make money with affiliate marketing
You can earn money by selling other people's products or promoting affiliate programs through your website. Some affiliate programs pay you to drive traffic to their site, while others will pay you a commission for each lead or sale that comes from your website. Think of the possibilities!
A: Getting html snippets and codes to place your email sign up forms on your site
To get started, you will need some HTML snippets, which are pieces of code that are already formatted for the web. When you are ready to get started, follow these easy steps.
1. Check out this list of html snippets that you can place on your site. There are 11 different email sign up form templates to choose from, so you can pick the one that best fits your needs. Once you have chosen the template you want to use, copy the snippet into your computer's clipboard.
2. Now you are ready to publish your html snippet onto your website. The first step is to log in to your WordPress account. If you don't have a WordPress account yet, go ahead and create one now! It's free to set up an account, and you can get started immediately without having to install any software on your computer.
3. After logging in to your WordPress account, hover over the "Posts" section in the sidebar and click on "Add New". A new post window should pop up on your screen. You should see a box that says "Visual" in the text field at the top of the page. Click inside the box and then paste your html snippet into this box.
4. After pasting in your html snippet, click on the blue "Publish" button in the upper right hand corner of the page. This will save your post and it should appear on your website shortly after you publish it. Now that you have published your sign up form, here's how to fill it with potential subscribers!
5. Go to either of the following pages depending on whether you want to add a sign up form with a double opt-in (confirmation) process (recommended): Double Opt-in page OR Single Opt-in page. Then complete the form by filling in the blanks with the information specific to your site and what you want your subscribers to receive when they sign up. This can be something such as an ebook, blog updates, etc… If you would rather add a signup form with a single opt-in process (not recommended), just fill in the blanks with the information specific to your site and what you want your subscribers to receive when they sign up. This can be something such as an ebook, blog updates, etc… Make sure to select "Yes, Send me my free ebook when they subscribe!" if you want to give away a freebie when they sign up for your list. Also make sure that you enter a valid email address in the Email Address field. This is where your subscribers will receive their confirmation email. You will get an email from MailChimp asking you to confirm that this is a valid email address every time someone signs up for your list using an email address hosted with them. If you receive an email from MailChimp asking you to confirm this address, please reply back to them with the word "Confirm." This will confirm that this is a valid email address and prevent any subscribers from being bounced back to your list because of a typo in their email address. Finally, click on the blue "Save Changes" button just below the form fields when you are finished filling everything out. Your subscribers should start receiving confirmation emails from MailChimp right away! Make sure that you click on the link included in that email to confirm that this is a valid email address before continuing on with these instructions. If you don't do this within 24 hours, any subscribers using this address will be bounced back to your list! If this happens, just resend them their confirmation email again! Make sure that you click on the link included in that email to confirm that this is a valid email address before continuing on with these instructions. If you don't do this within 24 hours, any subscribers using this address will be bounced back to your list! If this happens, just resend them their confirmation email again!
6. Now that your signup form is set up and ready for people to sign up for your list, let's make sure that it looks good! The easiest way to do this is by going to MailChimp's WYSIWYG editor and signing in using your MailChimp username and password. You should see a box titled "Preview & Edit" appear on top of your website, as seen below:
7. The first thing we want to do is click on the "Edit Source" link located near the bottom right corner of the page. This will display editable code for our signup form below the preview image of our form. It might look a little confusing at first, but don't worry! Just follow these simple steps and it will all make sense soon enough! First let's start by removing everything from the "form action" box except for "/signup". Don't worry about those two extra slashes ("//") at the end; those are actually necessary. We also need to remove those extra slashes from our form's action as well (they're above). Now delete everything from the "form method" box except for "post". Replace those extra slashes as well (they're below). Make sure that all of those extra slashes were deleted properly before moving onto step number eight! Now we need to replace those extra slashes we removed earlier (above and below). To do this, simply type "get_form()" into both boxes and make sure there are no extra spaces after it! The final code should look like this: