A: How to work from home productively
A: Leading causes of stress
How to work from home productively?
Stress is a major concern for many working people. In addition, many so-called “knowledge workers” have become accustomed to a lifestyle that often involves working from home. Many of these people report feeling overworked and stressed out. In order to help them manage their stress levels, they should consider taking a proactive approach. This means that they should consider the following:
1. Take care of your health.
2. Plan your week in advance.
3. Take breaks at regular intervals.
4. Adopt a “lifestyle design” approach.
5. Learn how to say “no” to requests.
6. Automate tasks and processes.
7. Work with others in a team.
8. Put in place a system for dealing with interruptions.
9. Don’t allow yourself to be overwhelmed easily.
10. Make your environment comfortable and pleasant.
11. Create dedicated time to do non-work related tasks like grocery shopping and cleaning the house (and to do other non-work related things like exercise and spend time with family).
12. If you live in an urban area, get away from the city once in a while and go camping or take a trip somewhere else (take your laptop and work wherever you go, if need be).
13. Take vacations and holidays off at least once in a while (be careful not to burn yourself out by working too hard when you’re at home).