WhatsApp Marketing: Everything You Need to Know!
WhatsApp- I guess it needs no introduction! With more than 5 billion downloads across the globe, this messaging app has revolutionized the way people used to interact. In 2009, Jan Koum and Brian Acton launched WhatsApp for personalized use, then slowly and steadily they introduced new features in it, and finally, WhatsApp started catering to various needs of businesses.
After WhatsApp gained popularity, WhatsApp Business was launched in 2018 in selected parts of the world to help small businesses. Not only small businesses but giants like Adidas, Absolut, etc. started using this version for advertising and promoting their brand. In 2020, amidst a pandemic, WhatsApp turned into an all-new medium of marketing business.
Table of Contents
“How can WhatsApp Marketing boost my business?”- Still many of you have this question in your mind. So, to answer all your questions related to WhatsApp Marketing, we have curated this interesting blog. Let’s dive straight into the world of WhatsApp Marketing!
WhatsApp Marketing-Quick Overview
Marketing on WhatsApp is not at all a new concept. Adidas, undoubtedly a famous brand, is using WhatsApp since 2015 to nurture the experience of their customers. Another brand- Yoox made around 80,000 dollars of sales using WhatsApp. So, WhatsApp marketing is all about generating leads, converting them to customers, and ultimately retaining customers for the long run.
What are the Benefits of WhatsApp Marketing
WhatsApp business marketing has numerous benefits. Let us explore a few major of them.
- Quick and Easy Tool for Real-Time Customer Service
- Perfect Tool to Push In-Store Sales
- Powerful Tool for Market Research
- Appropriate Tool to Preserve Interest of Users
- Unbeatable Tool to Boost Your Business
If you want to retain your customers for the long run, you need to nurture them at every stage of the marketing funnel. WhatsApp helps you in offering a seamless experience to your users with the help of real-time chat, voice, and video calls.
Real-time interaction not only helps you know more about your target audience but also it helps in understanding what they expect from your brand. You can further update or improvise your business based on their feedback and responses. For instance, Saffola decided to promote their brand by helping users in real-time. Saffola suggested avoiding unhealthy food and use Saffola oil for preparing healthy dishes.
Boosting in-store sales in this digital age is indeed a difficult task. Most people love to shop using numerous shopping apps available on their smartphones. However, WhatsApp can help in pushing in-store sales.
WhatsApp offers a unique feature of uploading a status that disappears after 24 hours automatically. You can use this feature to announce flash sales, one-day discounts, etc. You can also add a bar code on the status that can be further used (screenshot of bar code) by users to avail of the discounts when they purchase from your stores.
“Selling your product without knowing about your target audience”- can be the major reason for the declined revenues of your business. It is mandatory to know about the audience you are going to target. WhatsApp offers the feature of creating a personalized group of over 250 members.
You can create a WhatsApp group of the data collected from your targeted audience. And within a group, you can take personalized surveys informally, request feedback, take the advice of group members, etc to complete your market research.
Marketing is not only about generating leads and selling them the relevant products and services. It is also about maintaining the relationship with customers. WhatsApp lets you maintain the interest of people in your brand.
WhatsApp allows you to keep your users engaged as it helps in updating users with latest updates of your brand, flash sales, and discounts, products related insights, and much more. It lets you send messages where you can italicize and bold your text, send links and emojis within to make the whole message interesting. From the GPS location of your new brick-n-mortar store to the contact number of your users’ relationship manager, you can send anything from WhatsApp quickly. Like, Netflix used to send interesting recommendations of movies and shows to their regular users.
Undoubtedly, there are numerous apps on the play store that are designed to support your business. However, WhatsApp has become an inseparable part of modern-day humans. WhatsApp is an easy-to-use mobile app for people of different age groups worldwide. Thus, it won’t be wrong to conclude that it can certainly improve the outreach of your business in no time and is better than almost every business app.
WhatsApp is undoubtedly an unbeatable messaging app for personalized use and with its newer version called WhatsApp Business, it is trying to become unbeatable on business fronts also. With newer features specially introduced to promote and market business, WhatsApp Business is winning the hearts of business owners too.
How to Market on WhatsApp?
The concept of WhatsApp marketing might be new, but it is not at all difficult to understand. You just need to make creative and unique marketing strategies for WhatsApp to promote your brand.
We are going to mention a few of the tips and tricks to market successfully on WhatsApp. So, here we go.
- Create a business account on WhatsApp Business
WhatsApp Business was launched to cater to the needs of every business. So, you should take advantage of the app and create a dedicated business account on it. You just need to take care of a few points after creating the WhatsApp Business account.
- Make sure your business profile contains essential information like your company’s name, description, email address, and website URL. To increase the brand recognition, you must add the logo of your business as a profile picture.
- You can create a digital catalog for showcasing the products and services of your brand. Make sure you add attractive graphics to the catalog.
- For creating an impressive catalog, you can use any of the leading graphic design software available online. Appy Pie Design is the most recommended one. With the software, you can create the catalog in form of a slideshow also.
- Make provision for quick and automated replies. WhatsApp Business offers you the service to stay in touch with your customers with the help of automated conversations.
WhatsApp is a two-way messaging mobile app. To utilize it for marketing your brand, you need to make your ‘conversation-game‘ stronger. So, to make sure that your audience won’t get fed by the promotional content, you need to take care of a few points.
- Make sure you are not limited to pushing the promotional content only. You should try sending images and videos to promote your brand indirectly. You can use the best use of these features in posting the latest updates, introducing new product launches, insights, and much more.
- You can entertain and educate your audience with various quizzes, fun contests, and promotional campaigns. This helps you in maintaining a better relationship with your users.
- Businesses generally get overwhelmed when they initially start with WhatsApp marketing. They keep on sending messages to their users. However, WhatsApp marketing is not about sending trillions of messages in a day, it’s about sending a few great quality messages.
WhatsApp offers numerous features to its users. Make sure you utilize every feature offered to promote and market your brand. From updating an impressive profile photo to creating a broadcast list, everything can make your WhatsApp marketing campaign efficient. Some of the features that can take your business to new levels are mentioned below.
- Profile photo: Make sure that you add the image of your business logo as the profile photo. Resize the logo that must perfectly fit in the visible area and clearly visible to viewers.
- Group Chats: Reaching around 300 people at a time is possible by creating the groups on WhatsApp. You can post promotional images, self-help videos, and various other relatable content on groups and improve outreach.
- Broadcast List: Sending a similar message to many users in one-go can be easily done by creating a broadcast list. Use this feature for creating several lists as per requirement and promoting your business.
You should always strive to take advantage of omnichannel marketing. It helps in targeting wider audience. WhatsApp marketing can help your businesses in boosting sales and revenues. You just need to strategize and implement marketing campaigns carefully.
WhatsApp can be use as one of the tool to improve the outreach. For designing logos, catalogs, promotional ads, tweaking product photos, and much more, you can take the help of Appy Pie Design. It is a user-friendly software that offers various tools not only for designing beautiful graphics but also for editing other images to further use them. So, make your WhatsApp marketing game more impressive with Appy Pie Design.